1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

WOJ - Harden wanted Wall over WB

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ThatBoyNick, Dec 3, 2020.

1. dmoneybangbang

I have a two year history of criticizing Harden, before that I was just like you.... naïve and hopeful.

2. dmoneybangbang

[​IMG]

We had Ty Lawson on this team..... some of yall are too emotional for this game....

snowconeman22 likes this.
  3. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

No, it means exactly what I think it means.

4. HewbieTrippin

HewbieTrippin Member

If anything this seems like a good sign if true because at least Harden cares about the direction of our team versus wanting to leave?

Only question is if Harden will adjust his game at all. Russ had the flexibility to be an attacker off the catch from Harden's gravity in the half court. Very few pgs could do that or have the stamina to be looking to score THAT much. Wall is a mix of ironically Russ and cp3 imo, being more of a pure pg than russ. He can playmake and shoot the midrange in the half court (maybe not as masterfully as cp), but he excels in transition similar to russ as well. I don't see him being a spotup 3pt shooter or inserted into Russ' role from last year. He's a pure pg who is used to running the show and choosing when to attack in transition. Is Harden going to come off ball more like Beal used to do? Will they take turns being the 1? A combo of both?

For years, I wanted Harden to combo playing off-ball and being the primary playmaker as he's accustomed to. Maybe with MDA out, and supposed openness to the midrange, we'll see some welcome changes.

5. riko

riko Member

Yeah enjoy being wizards fan. Us naive folks here will enjoy actually being in the playoffs unlike you’re hero Russell chuck brick

6. Nook

Nook Member

My understanding is Westbrook wanted out first. The reason he wanted out was he didn’t like how the Rockets used him and he didn’t like the culture around the organization.

Did Westbrook wanting out play into Harden wanting out? I don’t know. It is possible he threw his hands up when Westbrook said he wanted out and he wanted off a sinking ship too.

I do know they spoke quite a bit after the season ended and Westbrook was especially concerned about who the Rockets next coach would be.

By the time the Rockets held a press conference to introduce Silas, Westbrook had asked for a trade.

Sweet Lou 4 2 likes this.
  7. T for 3

T for 3 Member

James couldn’t get along with Paul-Paul is gone. James James couldn’t get along with WB-WB is gone. Tilman is a buffoon. But James heavily influences these moves directly and indirectly.

#167 T for 3, Dec 3, 2020
    Last edited: Dec 3, 2020
    Crashlanded19 and dmoneybangbang like this.
  8. dmoneybangbang

Again..... you ain't showing your mathz....... WB was worse than Ty Lawson on the Rockets.... GTFO

9. dmoneybangbang

Poor baby needs a bottle..... can't handle criticism against MY team.

10. s3ts

s3ts Member

I agree that Harden is behaving like an egomaniac right now, but give Harden credit for getting to WCF twice with two different running mates in CP3 and D12.

Houston has been to WCF twice in the last 5 years. That's not bad at all.

snowconeman22 likes this.
  11. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

[​IMG]

12. Boston84

Boston84 Member

I understand the allure and again it’s easy for me to say but what moves is gonna beat the lakers? What happens if he tears an acl god forbid this season? What if embiid and Simmons start off great this season? Harden has nothing to prove He will have a great season he always has great seasons.

Just think it’s a real gamble if he’s not moved ASAP and at the latest the deadline.

13. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Honestly Wall plays in playoffs is all that matters to me.
    Imo we are no less than a 6th seed without him.

Rocket River

tinman likes this.
  14. Reeko

Reeko Member

yeah, because we were definitely championship bound with Russ

YOLO likes this.
  15. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

I think this would be interesting to know. All we can do is speculate.

16. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

3rd time is the CHARM?

17. YOLO

YOLO Member

definitely championship bound. we were told it would happen last year. Of course they were. he didn't want to be here. championship confirmed

Reeko likes this.
  18. Reeko

Reeko Member

actually, he did

Russ wanted out of OKC and chose Houston as an acceptable destination

19. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Remove James from last year's team....how many games do we win????
    Now try it without Westbrook

Gtfoh

It is amazing how people stretching to blame Harden for west wanting to leave
    Westbrook said he wanted to leave first.
    To play his game.

Rocket River

clutchdabear and Reeko like this.
  20. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

This is and always will be the problem. I've been telling y'all, i call him Hardhead for a reason.