1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Woj] [Shams] Rockets trade Westbrook for Wall

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by mikol13, Dec 2, 2020.

1. yixiixiy

yixiixiy Member

That can’t be right. Wall hasn’t missed a shot in two years.

2. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

My point was that he's capable of shooting, the scrub we just got rid of was incapable of shooting....no matter what.

I'll take the guy who can hit catch and shoot 3's over the guy who couldn't.

ak99999 likes this.
  3. finsraider

finsraider Member

Just throwing this out there as a POTENTIAL outcome of this trade:

Wall reestablishes his value as an all-star-ish player, but isn’t a perfect fit next to Harden

Clippers chemistry continues to be poor. Both Kawhi and PG are on expiring contracts. Both wanting to play with a true point guard, one of them agrees to be signed and traded to Houston for Wall. Harden then signs an extension.

4. jerryclark

jerryclark Member

This is the type of bullshit you see on espn youtube videos with idiots calling harden a ballhog. Who the **** besides him harden and gordon can even dribble on this team? No **** their usage is top of the league

roslolian likes this.
  5. roslolian

roslolian Member

I am ok with getting rid of WB for Wall. The prob is the going rate for terrible contracts is 5 FRP. Why we only got 1 frp, and it is in 2023 and lotto protected to boot?

It aint simping its just common sense.

6. icewill36

icewill36 Member

Right we had no problem scoring last year. Wall doesnt make us any better. Cousins is the only one who can do that.

7. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

We got rid of the worst contract in the NBA and that team gave US a pick to take our cancer. That's about the best you can ever hope for.

clutchdabear and Rodman23 like this.
  8. jerryclark

jerryclark Member

So hes hardly better at one thing and a downgrade at everything else. Teams will still leave him open just like wb. And he will still shoot his 30%

9. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Westbrook kinda has a bad contract, too.

clutchdabear, Richie_Rich and Aruba77 like this.
  10. s3ts

s3ts Member

The teams are still hard to beat. We just witnessed how difficult it is to beat them, we had a 7 game series against OKC in the 1st round, and almost swept in the 2nd round.

Wall won't have to just out-perform Russ, he'll also have to cover ground lost with the lack of rotation-level players we have on the roster.

Sep11ie likes this.
  11. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

No, he's considerably better at what we need him to do, and I don't care how he is at the things we don't want him doing.

Leave him open like Westbrook, and he hits 3's. Leave Westbrook open, and defenses laugh as he bricks shot after shot.

If he's taking the right kind of 3's, he hits them at a respectable rate, I don't want him taking the other kinds of 3's.

There is no kind of 3 that Westbrook is even a little bit decent at. He's embarrassingly bad at shooting the ball pretty much everywhere (for a guard)

12. Sen89

Sen89 Member

I can't see Harden changing his mind at all. Wall/Cousins gives us some win-now talent, even with their red flags, and then Wood gives us some upside in the upcoming years. I say move Harden for some young, established talent, like to Boston for Jaylen Brown, Marcus Smart and pick(s).

13. Batman Jones

Batman Jones Contributing Member

I have no idea what’s going on with this team, but this entirely new roster has my attention.

14. icewill36

icewill36 Member

Which he is not good enough to do. Blow this **** up

15. Rocket Guy

Rocket Guy Member

I think most first rounders have some sort of protection these days. My thing is...flip those picks with gordon and/or house to get a significant upgrade. Then...like you said, if we rebuild we can always trade that player again and get picks out of them. Not to mention all of the assets that we will get back for Harden. If you are trying to convince Harden to stay then those 3 first rounders aren't doing anything. Put them to use now, even if you get back $.80 on the $1. Its worth the risk to try to keep Harden here.

If Harden being gone is a foregone conclusion and his mind cannot be changed like Kobe did, then obviously you dont do it unless the player is young and you can build around them.

clutchdabear likes this.
  16. roslolian

roslolian Member

Let me tell you the realistic outcomes of the trade:

1. Wall still injured and Boogie is too. Insurance pays for their salaries Fertitty wins.

2. We got Wall to suck up to Boogie. Wall and Boogie both play great but theres no money to sign Boogie to a max so we trade Harden to Toronto for a 2030 lotto protected pick.

3. Wall plays but plays like trash, WB has a great comeback season in the weak ass EAST, Boogie doesnt resign and Harden demands a trade.

Either way the Harden era is over. We are clearly attaching the wheels to the Boogie train and for all of Harden's flaws he is much better than Boogie Cousins. But this is something I can see from Beggar Dolan Fertitty if you look at how the Knicks became a joke this is how it happened. At keast Dolan is a true billionaire we got a beggar version.

17. HoustonWest

HoustonWest Member

Well I guess one way to look at it is those pick swaps with OKC are looking irrelevant. In the end, Houston essentially traded Chris Paul + 1 FRP for John Wall.

That's a little less bad than the original. Perhaps it ends up being a fair trade -- if John Wall plays well.

joshuaao likes this.
  18. hongxingli

hongxingli Contributing Member

Why we do this?

19. roslolian

roslolian Member

Wall is the worst contract in the L dude isnt even playing for the past 3 years. If WB is such a cancer how come it cost 5 picks to take him in?

You arent making sense we all know you hate WB but NBA is a business, your feelings dont decide what a player is worth just stop.

20. Batman Jones

Batman Jones Contributing Member

Yeah, I’ve seen a lot of posters saying they’re glad Westbrook is gone. I freaking love Westbrook and I think his presence will be missed in a variety of ways. Not his 3 point shooting of course, there it’s a perfectly even trade.