1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

(Woj) Harden turned down $50 million a year extension wants to be traded to Nets

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DaBeard, Nov 16, 2020.

1. Icehouse

Icehouse Contributing Member

Regular season. Cute....

forchette49 likes this.
  2. D-rock

D-rock Member

Regular season doesnt count?

Rockets have been to postseason more than ANY other NBA team in past decade except for the Spurs.

Does that count?

Ramo$e, jch1911, Tfor3 and 2 others like this.
  3. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

Not delusional. Despite the size advantage of the Lakers, the Rockets rebounded and defended well the first 3 games of the series. Then House pulled his **** and Westbrook never really got his **** together and well we just weren't as competitive as we could of been.

HP3, Ramo$e, icewill36 and 6 others like this.
  4. D-rock

D-rock Member

The first 3 games, my Lakers buddies were sweating bullets until the last second of every one of those games.

They were the most afraid of the Rockets.

HP3, Ramo$e, jayydela and 2 others like this.
  5. Reeko

Reeko Member

including 2 trips to the WCF and many trips to the 2nd round

idiots forget we had won just one 1st round series in 17 years before Harden’s 14-15 MVP season

HP3, clos4life, wesbound and 10 others like this.
  6. icewill36

icewill36 Member

once they moved AD to the 5 and benched their centers it was over. with house and russ playing well MAYBE we get one more game but the outcome would be the same. the lakers were clearly a better team than us. I don't know why CF has such a hard time accepting this and instead blaming WB.

D-rock and jiggyfly like this.
  7. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

Because it isn't as clear cut as you think it is.

Granted, you are right, the line-up adjustment favored the Lakers tremendously, but even then it wasn't easy and Rockets had a great chance to make it a better series (had Russ played well and House not screwed up).

D-rock, HP3, jch1911 and 1 other person like this.
  8. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

That's very impressive when you lay it out like that.

9. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

It's been exciting at least being in the conversation the last few years. I'll miss being a contender. Hoping that Harden likes us again later on this season and that GG rubs of on him.

#529 ElPigto, Dec 2, 2020
    Last edited: Dec 2, 2020
    jiggyfly likes this.
  10. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

I am hoping we have a younger Brad Stevens, Carlisle type of coach and he is rejuvenated.

ElPigto likes this.
  11. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

That's why it is so very disappointing that ownership actively tanked the most successful Rockets team we will see for probably at least 10-15 years.

D-rock likes this.
  12. Icehouse

Regular season counts...but not for bragging. Only rings count for that. Would the Raptors swap their one title with Kawhi for all of our playoff appearances with Harden?

Ramo$e likes this.
  13. jdiggidy

jdiggidy Member

I am sick of this rumor. If Brooklyn wants James they just need to STFU, blow their current team up excluding KD and Kyrie and go get the assets needed to make a trade work. End of discussion.

OR

If James gets injured mid season we can make the trade then for some package and see if they really want him and are willing to wait for him to recover. (Obviously kidding but no, I am serious!)

Ramo$e likes this.
  14. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

yeah if raptors had harden locked up they would have had at least 1 ring by now

HP3 likes this.
  15. Icehouse

He has too many big game **** shows to assume that.

16. icewill36

icewill36 Member

no its very clear cut. did you not see the way they dominated the entire playoffs? only a rocket Homer would think we were going to take down lebron James. newsflash. you can't beat him if you have no one to guard him, AND no one he has to guard on the other end. do you really think lebron would allow that to happen? be serious

17. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

Agree to disagree I would say. I saw a Lakers team that struggled at times against the Rockets and it would of been a whole different series had Westbrook played up to par and House would of played as well.

Call me a homer, but I saw what I saw the first 3 games of the series. I also acknowledged that we were overmatched, yet it was no slam dunk for the Lakers.

HP3 and Ramo$e like this.
  18. Ramo$e

Ramo$e Member

This is why many set narratives try to tear down their biggest threat.

D-rock likes this.
  19. SamCassell

SamCassell Contributing Member

Don't act like LeBron is some unbeatable obstacle. His team didn't even make the playoffs in 2019. In 2018, the 65-17 Rockets had nobody to guard LeBron and nobody for him to guard. That Rockets team with a healthy Paul would have absolutely won the WCF and gone on to obliterate the Cavs.

Last years' Rockets, with a 50% Westbrook and a suspended House, didn't have the horses. But at full strength it could have been a competitive series.

D-rock, Ramo$e, HP3 and 1 other person like this.
  20. HP3

HP3 Member

Please, dude lost a 3-1 lead to a much inferior team, Im not hearing this.

jiggyfly and D-rock like this.