1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Election Day 2020

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Master Baiter, Nov 3, 2020.

1. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

The GOP won the CA-25 House race by 339 votes. Dems House majority shrinks to 222 to 211 with 2 pending races.

If only all the House Dems can run against Martha McSally— or Donald Trump— instead.

The thing is, it looks like a pretty big majority of the GOP down-ballot candidates are winning a higher share of the votes than Trump does. So why are they afraid of him? Maybe it’s because they know they need the crazies, as well as the regular right wingers, vote for them to win. But I am not so certain if continuing to cuddle the crazies and support an increasingly deranged and out-of-power Trump is sustainable.

jiggyfly likes this.
  2. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

3. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Just another sleazy greedy power hungry lawyer of Trump. It's amazing how a guy people consider a Patriot, a man chosen by God, and President for the people is the exact opposite of everything he portrays himself to be.

Seriously, how dumb do you have to be to not see that? The people he associates himself with will stop at nothing to get money and power. That includes spreading lies and propaganda, and years of practice finding ways to cheat the system, & getting what you want by manipulation, loopholes, and deceit.

The Art of the Deal is just another way of saying he's good at conning and cheating people into believing in him to throw him their money, their vote, or whatever he needs.

Trump wants is to rule forever, with a Trump justice system that allows him to do as he pleases, without being questioned. He wants to live like a King, but do nothing for the people of his country if it doesn't benefit him. You can call it Authoritarian, Fascist, Dictator, or whatever you want but it's probably a mix of all three. Nothing is normal with Trump. There is always some hidden purpose or agenda. Truth means nothing to him. That's for the weak.

Trump could care less about the people, their healthcare, or those dying from Covid. Yet, he wants anyone coming into contact with him tested. It's all about him. The best doctors, healthcare, and protection from anything that could hurt him. Funny how he tells people Covid is nothing, and makes fun of masks, scoffs at social distancing, and says he's immune, but doesn't want anyone near him who hasn't been tested.

Nobody dares to question his integrity or call out his lies It's do as I say, not as I do, and if you question me, to hell with you....you're fired. If they don't work for him directly, well the insults and lies begin on social media, to his followers, and to the media. He wants to use the military for his own domestic purposes, and it's scary to think how far he would go with unchecked power. It's all just the Hitler way.

4. Dubious

Dubious Contributing Member

It's almost over, then we can get back to gridlock and Executive by decree. Not great, but not terrible.

Trump will die by a thousand little cuts, civil suits, criminal charges against family and staff, losers ridicule ( the American way), hindsight revisions by supporters , bankruptcies, age and health. Narcissist dissonance stress may do it quickly.

5. NewRoxFan

The real reason trump continues this ridiculous and anti-American fight to overturn the American voters decision... and his gullible maga fans continue to fund his grift...

Kim, mdrowe00 and daywalker02 like this.
  6. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

It's probably a combination of gullible and greedy. I'm pretty sure some of the big dollars came from people wanting something in return, that will either make them richer, or give them positions of power. I wouldn't doubt that some of his echo chamber tweeting followers that I have on ignore here threw some money into that Trump defense fund. The song Tainted Love comes to mind.

mdrowe00 likes this.
  7. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

then they're extremely stupid and gullible first and foremost

deb4rockets likes this.
  8. NewRoxFan

"Do something"... the desperation is palpable... meanwhile trump goes to GA... it will be to laughable to see if kemp has any balls or if he cucks his way to greet trump at the airport...

mdrowe00 and Dubious like this.
  9. NewRoxFan

10. conquistador#11

Libras need to realize the election is over! Impressed how these old men can troll so well much easier when you're a sociopath.Trollitics

11. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

That would not stop him, it would probably make him want to run all the more.

12. NewRoxFan

trump's lies are not only being believed by his supporters, but driving them to threats and violence...

13. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

I disagree, people also move on to the new thing and there will be a new Trump who runs and will point out all his shortcomings and grifting IMO it's not so much trump he is just an avatar of their anger and someone younger and better will tap into that.

It's just like a TV show at some point people stop watching, I agree Dems will have some fracture and a Republican can exploit it but I think Trumps time has run out to control the entire party especially if he goes scorched earth in Georgia.

Just look at how Reagan is thought about now.

Republicans will not let him hijack the party again and somebody will stake a populist position to run against him.

14. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

He did not actually threaten someones life.

This is the rhetoric that needs to be ignored instead of giving the ravings of a lunatic more fuel.

The same needs to be done with Trump, but got to get them clicks.

15. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

We can ignore it but will the LARPers? I don't think this deGinova clown is serious but there are definitely unhinged people who do take these comments seriously.

16. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

The Larpers are gonna believe it anyway, there is nothing to be done with them but giving these mouth breathers a mainstream stage needs to stop.

People are now using stuff like this for clicks and its not healthy for the country as a whole.

17. Dubious

Dubious Contributing Member

Tucker Carlson? Sean Hannity? Matt Gaetz? Dan Patrick?

jiggyfly likes this.
  18. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

I'm not sure it will be that people will move on to a new thing in regards to trumpybear. I think what will prevent him from running in 2024 is that SO MUCH stuff is going to come out in the next year or so. So many of the insiders are going to write books. There's going to be investigations. He might not go to prison. But the ineptitude and corruption evidence from the people that were actually close in will be overwhelming.

I disagree with @Major in that people will just forget the bad. While that's historically true, it's not like trumpybear is going to go away quietly for the next 2 years while ramping up a run. He's going to start or buy a network and he's going to be louder than ever. There will be no way to forget.

19. Reeko

Reeko Member

he actually did

this rhetoric needs to get addressed

20. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

I was going to include that as well, I agree there will be a lot of stuff coming out and probably a lot of recordings.

I just don't see him being able to galvanize the entire party again, they were pretty much held hostage.

Dubious likes this.