1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

STOCK MARKET: Let's talk stocks and investing

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by SWTsig, Jun 2, 2008.

1. Dream Sequence

Dream Sequence Contributing Member

holding my TRNE to see where it heads...sold out of my Goldman SPAC after getting tired of waiting..but will keep an eye out if the RTV one drops a bit..trying to avoid buying SPACs above $10.50 if no deal announced...still have my IPOE/F as well

Cokebabies and saitou like this.
  2. saitou

saitou J Only Fan

I got in below $14, sold on the way up at $22 $27, $32 and $49. Regret selling a bit too early. Kept 10 shares to hodl in case it moons haha.

CCity Zero and Sajan like this.
  3. adoo

adoo Member

a series of higher lows and lower higher, since Sept, forming a triangle, which could lead to a pop or fall
    indications are that it will pop
    • the 20dma is bouncing off the 50dma
    • after a doji yesterday, trading action has closed above the most current trend line on HEAVY volume

[​IMG]

sold
    • bullish put spread 125/115 for $5.25 defining my max risk to be $4.75
    • a covered call, 125 CALL for $3.60

4. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

saitou likes this.
  5. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

The only thing I need Apple to do now is announce their autonomous vehicles. Thank you. :D

6. Rodman23

Rodman23 .GIF

I think we could see 125 for AAPL this week. I entered it and AMD this morning. AMD with a bullish candle close and double bottom on the daily

saitou likes this.
  7. adoo

adoo Member

thanks for the heads up

the "W" has risen farther----evolving to be a Cup---could be the precursor to a Cup-w-handle.

[​IMG]

want to see
    • people (who bought AMD @ 93/94), back in let Aug/Early Sep, start selling---depleting overhead supply of stocks.
    • AMD's stock price to rise to the 93/94 level on declining volume

saitou and Rodman23 like this.
  8. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

9. Cokebabies

Cokebabies Contributing Member

Not gonna chase CMPS. I should have made a small bet before it popped just in case but overall I hesitated because I feel the shroom boom is too early. It took weed decades to get to where it is now and it is way more a recreational and softer drug compared to shrooms. But then again, shrooms got legalized way earlier than I ever expected so what do I know? =P SDGR looks interesting and I'll look to get in this week. Thanks!

One stock I did chase the other day was SMG to get in on the weed boom (and possibly the shroom boom). I think it's generally a safer bet to invest in the pick axe maker, than the actual gold miners.

saitou likes this.
  10. saitou

saitou J Only Fan

11. saitou

saitou J Only Fan

ASML's been on the move since they resumed stock buybacks. KLAC has also done well since Biden won (hope for easing of china restrictions).
    [​IMG]

12. saitou

saitou J Only Fan

Good pt about CMPS, its a smaller position for me, definitely weighted heavier on SDGR. The good thing about CMPS is that there's no revenue to put a valuation multiple to lol; bad thing is dilution is almost inevitable.

SDGR looks poised to grow fast. The new contract with BMS includes $55mil upfront payment and up to $2.7bn in milestone payments (no idea how likely or how long it takes to meet them). Market cap is $4.3bn, so lots of room to grow.

Cokebabies likes this.
  13. saitou

saitou J Only Fan

Sold off CMPS; loaded up on DMYD warrants:
    - official sports data provider for sports leagues as well as sports books. there's some moat here.
    - already profitable.
    - 145mil revenue (despite covid cancellations), 30% CAGR. 60% of revenue recurring.
    - 1,500 employees (not a small operation)
    - 1.5bn combined market cap at formation. Share price still around $11.

https://news.geniussports.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/10/GSG-dMY-II-Press-Release-27-Oct-2020.pdf
    https://news.geniussports.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/10/GSG-Investor-Presentation.pdf

Contrarian views appreciated :)

14. adoo

adoo Member

NFLX is making a strong move upward, rising above both 20/50 dma on the same day, just above the most recent up trend line;
    next target is to have trading action to close the 518-521 gap by 4 Dec. Then, to have the 20 dma to break thru the 50 dma

[​IMG]

#12374 adoo, Dec 1, 2020
    Last edited: Dec 1, 2020
    saitou likes this.
  15. Sajan

Sajan Member

ZM taking a beating..

[​IMG]

saitou likes this.
  16. Sajan

Sajan Member

BlackBerry shares shot up in early trading on news that the company will partner with Amazon Web Services to jointly develop and market its vehicle data integration and monitoring platform, IVY.

BlackBerry stock was up 35% or $2.11 at the opening bell on the New York Stock Exchange. It’s a sign of both the potential market for smart vehicle services and the ability of Amazon businesses to turn boost the fortunes of businesses with its attention.

17. Cokebabies

Cokebabies Contributing Member

18. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

No stimulus, no jobs, everyone has Covid, one President wont admit defeat, the other breaks bones walking the dog, everything is closed, we hate police, police hate us. But Gamestop and Blackberry are printing LAMBOS? What decade are we in even? #99ers rule!!!

19. Sajan

Sajan Member

Porsche - Net profit margin was a remarkable 16.6 percent—are you listening, Elon Musk?—with $28.5 billion in sales on a record 256,000 global vehicles. Punch your calculators, and Porsche is earning just over $18,500 in profit on every car it sells..

Toyota Motor's gross profit margin for fiscal years ending March 2016 to 2020 averaged 18.6%.

#12379 Sajan, Dec 1, 2020
    Last edited: Dec 1, 2020
  20. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

My unabated happiness with NIO is coming to an abrupt end. Thanks for the good times though you little Chinese car company :confused: