1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

KJ Martin signs

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by pass_to_Hakeem, Nov 30, 2020.

1. pass_to_Hakeem

2. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

This kid intrigues me. Almost straight out of high school and signing an NBA contract already. Maybe he's showing out. Could the Rockets have gotten a steal?

Tfor3 and tinman like this.
  3. pass_to_Hakeem

I hope so, but i wonder if he is gonna go right to G league? Or will he have a shot as that last roster spot to sit and soak in experience and maybe get garbage mins? So many questions lol

4. banzai

banzai Contributing Member

He going straight to G league... watch.

D-rock likes this.
  5. pass_to_Hakeem

I want that Kenyon, board grabbing, s h i t talking, in your face intimidator ... ala Mad Max

6. Imanimal

Imanimal Member

I graduated from UC and love Kenyan Martin. Kenyan begged the school to sign his son to a scholarship and they thought so little of him that they turned down one of their top alumni. That should tell you all you need to know. This was just a little over a year ago. Hopefully he’s a late bloomer but it is doubtful and we’re talking years away.

7. rockets13champs

i know this is against a YouTube celeb. But man KJ martins body language, lack of defense, inability to think the game. He repeated kept going back to the right to shoot 3s. I feel like he has a long way to go. This video kind of concerned me

snowconeman22 likes this.
  8. WiltTheStilt13

And so the KJ Martin era begins!

hakeem94 likes this.
  9. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

is this post real?

tinman and Jayzers_100 like this.
  10. pass_to_Hakeem

D-rock likes this.
  11. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

I knew it. 2 years from being 2 years away.

12. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

In other words, in 4 years when he breaks out to the tune of 15-5-3, he'll be a Laker.

13. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

All my happy left my body watching that. Seriously, wth? I felt like a Texans fan watching that. Embarrassing. :(

rockets13champs and D-rock like this.
  14. D-rock

D-rock Member

Any bets of which of the 6'5 +/- players pan out first?

Jae'Sean Tate
    KJ Martin
    Mason Jones
    Trevellin Queen
    Brodric Thomas

Sterling Brown and David Nwaba are not official members so any votes for them do not count.

My money is on Thomas.

15. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

After watching that KJ video, I think I'd rather have the assistant coaches suit up.

D-rock likes this.
  16. duluth111222

duluth111222 I.D.I.O.T

Yeah. I mean I don’t think KJ was even trying hard. Only thing you can tell from this video is his 3s need a lot of work.

rockets13champs and D-rock like this.
  17. Hank McDowell

Hank McDowell Member

G league all the way. I like the kid, but he’s nowhere close to being NBA ready. Not anywhere near close to even being close to being close to NBA ready...

18. clutchdabear

clutchdabear Member

mason jones by far
    trevelin queen has a good chance to make it into the league also at some point.

the others have been really inconsistent or have faced really bad competition and will likely need many many years before they get a sniff at the league.

Jayzers_100 and D-rock like this.
  19. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

The guy just got beat by the little dude with a Youtube channel. It's not like he needed to exert himself to block a shot or dunk on him a few times. And then at the end his response was he wanted to come back and play 5 on 5? Noooooo... that's so passive! Where's that Kenyon Martin killer instinct and pride? Kenyon would've broke the little dude's jaw after he made the first layup. lol. I'm guessing KJ didn't feel comfortable driving around him or something because once he got in the lane, it would just be a vertical game and he would win every time.

This is how an NBA player deals with little people like that :

D-rock likes this.
  20. D-rock

D-rock Member

Tate got the most money, so he should be the frontrunner.

Rockets also spent a million to acquire KJ so there has been a substantial investment in him already.