1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    The NBA Draft is here! Come join Clutch in the ClutchFans Room Wednesday night at 6:30pm CT as we host the live online NBA Draft Watch Party. Who will the Rockets select at #3?

NBA Draft - LIVE!

STOCK MARKET: Let's talk stocks and investing

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by SWTsig, Jun 2, 2008.

1. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Rallying from the grave. For now. Hard to tell what will happen with PLTR. The fanboy stocks play by their own set of rules.

2. CXbby

CXbby Member

Blue horseshoe says jmia looks toppy.

saitou likes this.
  3. adoo

adoo Member

NET is on its way to 80
    [​IMG]

saitou and Ziggy like this.
  4. whag00

whag00 Contributing Member

Big cloud/ tech names reporting earnings this week. Zoom, Salesforce, Snowflake, Okta, and Crowdstrike all coming up. Dollar General could be interesting as well considering how well DLTR did last week.

Ziggy and saitou like this.
  5. Rodman23

Rodman23 .GIF

@Ziggy Etsy is killing it, congrats. Bullish engulfing candle at close too. Wish I had taken a starter Friday to swing in to the weekend

Ziggy likes this.
  6. Rodman23

Rodman23 .GIF

I’m gonna be disappointed if ups doesn’t make a run this month with e-commerce breaking records

Ziggy likes this.
  7. Rodman23

Rodman23 .GIF

Jmia offering

saitou likes this.
  8. saitou

saitou J Only Fan

What's going on with QS lol. Have a few more shares left I was intending to HODL; tempted to sell at this price.

9. adoo

adoo Member

bought 5-pt bullish CALL spread, 31 Dec expiration, on these 2 trending ones, both of whom are
    MACD cross-over candidates, RSI ~ 50, w trading action bouncing off the most current trend line, awa the 20 dma

110/115 for $2.96​

[​IMG]

217.5/225 for $2.73
    [​IMG]

saitou likes this.
  10. saitou

saitou J Only Fan

11. saitou

saitou J Only Fan

12. adoo

adoo Member

from motley fools

If you want to invest in electric cars but don't want to be exposed to what looks like a massive bubble, there's still a very good option available: General Motors (NYSE:GM). GM is pouring $27 billion over the next five years into electric and autonomous vehicles,

GM's plan involves launching 30 electric vehicles globally by 2025, with over 2/3 of those vehicles
    set to be available in N America. All of GM's major brands -- Cadillac, GMC, Chevy, and Buick -- will
    have EV models available, and GM is promising options across the full spectrum of price points.​

The company has already achieved a nearly 40% reduction in battery pack costs compared to those in its Chevrolet Bolt EV, which launched a few years ago and found some success. GM expects its next-generation Ultium batteries, expected to be available by mid-decade, to double the energy density of today's batteries at half the cost.

On top of pouring resources into electric vehicles, GM is already ahead of the game when it comes to driver assistance systems. In October, Consumer Reports concluded that GM's Super Cruise system was at the top of the heap in its test of 17 systems. While Tesla's much-hyped Autopilot scored highly for capabilities and performance, Tesla lost badly to GM in other areas, including keeping the driver engaged, making it clear when it's safe to use, and dealing with an unresponsive driver.

GM produced over $4 billion of net income in the third quarter on $35.5 billion of revenue. GM stock has tripled since bottoming out in the pandemic-driven sell-off earlier this year, and shares still trade for less than 10 times the average analyst estimate for full-year earnings, and less than 8 times the estimate for next year's earnings.

[​IMG]
    my 2 cents,

while all other EV companies, not named TSLA, may never stop burning cash, GM has been profitable and cash flow positive ever since the early 2000s

recall that GM had to be bailed out by taxpayers w a large loan near the end of W's tenure. GM was able to pay off the loan, plus interested and a fee, way ahead of schedule.

it has been cashflow positive every quarter for over a decade, to where it
    • has been buying back stocks,
    • can afford the large commitment to develop / expand its EV portfolio, as well as to
    • pay dividends (tho it has not happen yet)
      • should this happen, it will be a huge catalyst for another pop in GM'sstock price

#12352 adoo, Nov 30, 2020
    Last edited: Nov 30, 2020
    arkoe likes this.
  13. Cokebabies

Cokebabies Contributing Member

saitou likes this.
  14. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Buy the dip!

Rodman23 and saitou like this.
  15. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

I actually made a few hundred off this today, gratz to you and gratz to me for selling quick. Sold the calls then bought shares.

Sajan and Cokebabies like this.
  16. Cokebabies

Cokebabies Contributing Member

I'm holding my TRNE position for now as my bet is on the macro thesis that Biden will continue to promote domestic manufacturing.

I also placed bets on RTP and RTPZ today as I'm bullish on Reid Hoffman (LinkedIn) and Mark Pinkus (Zynga). Also Seth Klarman invested in RTP so that gives me more confidence cuz he is a smart investor.

saitou, Sajan and Ziggy like this.
  17. CXbby

CXbby Member

Sajan likes this.
  18. Sajan

Sajan Member

Buddy made some money on the KCAC SPAC (now QS). $13 to $50+.

Hoping TRNE does the same once it switches over to Desktop Metal (DM).

CCity Zero, Cokebabies and saitou like this.
  19. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Yeah, I'm still holding mine for now but I was up around 3-4 am and saw that thing trading at $13.60'ish and got excited. LOL. Even some of my other moonshot stocks were up big pre-market but sold off later. For the most part, they've been a counterbalance for my other stocks when they go down, so I can't be too disappointed.

20. saitou

saitou J Only Fan

Thanks! Was searching for the rtpz but couldn't find it earlier. Realized it was cos I forgot to add the U. No liquidity now, will try again tmr. With u guys on TRNE. Another potential catalyst I'm hoping out for is ark adding it to their printing etf.

Also bought CMPS for the 'shroom boom' theme + SDGR (bill gates). Both potential cult stocks, citron is long (maybe more importantly won't be short at current price), and charts look very positive (tx to adoo as well for input on SDGR chart).

Amd finally breaking out from trading range since August. NET was down 6% earlier in the day but ended in the green, momentum still strong.

Cokebabies likes this.