1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Random Houston Rocket Trade Ideas 2020-2021

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Tristan_fiore, Nov 3, 2020.

1. ilias

ilias Member

This trade can be expanded to the Magic to net us Gordon.

HOU in: Otto Porter, Aaron Gordon
    HOU out: Westbrook

CHI in: Westbrook
    CHI out: Porter, Young, 2 protected firsts

ORL in: Young, the 2 picks from CHI
    ORL out: Gordon

HOU starters: EG, Harden, Porter, AG, Wood
    HOU bench: Brown, Nwaba, McL, House, PJ, Cousins

fattz, D-rock and saleem like this.
  2. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Quite creative. Porter and Thad for Russ is possible, but I don't think Chicago will give up more than 1 protected 1st rounder at best.

fattz and D-rock like this.
  3. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

It’s absolutely the best move out there to trade EG for Hill. Not sure if OKC would be willing to play ball without us throwing in our first rounders which Stone would probably be opposed to, but it would help us out tremendously. A player that could be just as useful (in some ways better, in some ways worse) that also provides us salary cap relief.

ilias and ApacheWarrior like this.
  4. D-rock

D-rock Member

Very nice trade idea, like the creativity based on team need and rumor.

https://fadeawayworld.net/2020/11/2...n-wall-for-otto-porter-jr-and-thaddeus-young/

But also agree with @saleem that Bulls will not offer 2 FRP, maybe not even one.

https://tradenba.com/trade-machine

ORL: Thaddeus Young, Danuel House + Rockets FRP
    CHI: Russ Westbrook, Eric Gordon
    HOU: Otto Porter Jr, Aaron Gordon, Tomas Satoransky + Bulls SRP

May need to throw in 2 FRP instead of just 1. Giving up Russ requires a point guard in return, e.g. Satoransky.

6'5 Harden/6'3 McLemore
    6'7 Satoransky/6'5 Nwaba/6'5 Brown
    6'8 Porter/6'5 Tucker/6'4 Tate
    6'8 Gordon/6'9 Caboclo
    6'10 Wood/6'10 Cousins

#904 D-rock, Nov 29, 2020
    Last edited: Nov 29, 2020
    ApacheWarrior likes this.
  5. SKYGODZ187

SKYGODZ187 Member

I think the only people avalaible are Eric Gordon, Russell Westbrook and P.J. Tucker.

Aaron Gordon would be a great Target to play beside Woods.

You need a 3 and D at SF
    And a pure passer above average 3P shot at PG who plays Good D

D-rock likes this.
  6. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

House is available too. Ben Mc might be an add on for the right player. I believe Tucker will be added in a trade as a last resort option.

ApacheWarrior and D-rock like this.
  7. DreamShakeFTW

DreamShakeFTW Member

Boston has a $27-28 M TPE, but they are hard capped at about $22 M.

Gordon and a 1st
    for
    cap space ($16.8 TPE) & a heavily protected 2nd.

Chamillionaire likes this.
  8. D-rock

D-rock Member

If Rockets traded Russ to Bulls, they become a playoff team overnight.

Russ
    Lavine
    Patrick Williams
    Markannenen
    Wendell Carter

Russ-Lavine-PW would destroy teams in transition.

fattz likes this.
  9. Francis3422

Francis3422 Member

Yea If I were CHI I would seriously think about it. They have a bunch of great young players but at some point you have to take a step toward relevancy. Russ could do a lot for the market/city but they may want Coby White to start.

D-rock likes this.
  10. D-rock

D-rock Member

White should be eventual starter but he is still 20 years old and even his own team considers him more of a "scoring guard" so he really needs to sharpen up his playmaking.

Before the draft Chicago was actually looking for a more proven more efficient facillitator.

https://pippenainteasy.com/2020/10/...te-viewed-by-new-management-as-scoring-guard/

And White should be a better rebounder at 6'4.

But Russ-White-Lavine-PW-Markannen would also make a very good death line up.

11. Boston84

Boston84 Member

the only way I’d take back Gordon if I’m the celts is in a harden deal so... trade 1) Celtics take Gordon into the tpe & trade 2) brown smart Robert Williams multiple 1sts for harden

saleem and D-rock like this.
  12. D-rock

D-rock Member

Yeah, no thanks.

13. D-rock

D-rock Member

Russ for Otto Porter, Satoransky & Young (move to 3rd team) makes too much sense.

I really want Porter now.

Bulls > Russ, EGo
    Magic > Young, House + Rockets FRP
    Rockets > AG, Porter, Satoransky + Bulls SRP

Harden
    Satoransky
    Porter
    AG
    Wood

That's a playmaker at every position in starting 5. Rockets also get longer and better defensively.

ilias likes this.
  14. Boston84

Boston84 Member

no problem but until simmons becomes available and if he does that’s a no brainer, I think that’s about as good return as you’ll get and I don’t mean that in disrespectful way. If Simmons is available go for it and get it done.

otherwise a young perennial all star caliber wing, cap relief, multiple draft picks, a win now & moveable player in smart who will be an expiring after this season Is a good deal and a very solid return (again if no Simmons). I’d say it’s probably not beatable by much else out there.

the reality is harden is a polarizing player who, I like all of you love but there’s not many teams who can trade a package for him and still have enough to win now w him and convince him to stay. So his market is diluted. you need to capitalize on a good return for him if u move him but you also need to have a realistic return in mind ; young stud player, cap relief, multiple picks is always a recipe for big trades.

D-rock likes this.
  15. D-rock

D-rock Member

First of all, I dont think Ainge makes that trade.

And secondly, I think Harden's value will increase as season progresses.

And thirdly, Rockets can and should wait for a Simmons or better deal, there is no hurry.

Boston84 likes this.
  16. Boston84

Boston84 Member

agreed Simmons is the goal. That’s no doubt and I do think that happens. Since we are in a hypothetical trade and sports board let’s assume that is the deal- if no Simmons you take that. Wouldn’t you agree?

The thing again and I never mean to come across as I’m poking my nose up in the air or a know it all- but harden is harden, he’s an mvp top 4,5,6 player in the league. It’s not as if he needs to reassure anyone who he is, there’s 7 years of elite tape on him....the more the season goes on the closer he is to being a 1 year rental for a team effectively lowering his trade value immensely.

not only lowering his value but ultimately tipping the leverage fully in his favor. If teams were apprehensive about making a move for him before- he’s got even less left on his contract. If a team hypothetically sees harden in season as a piece to get over the hump- how many teams can actually trade for him and still contend? You’re best chance is Simmons but they are also your best chance now, not mid season.

If he truly turned down that extension then the more time that goes by the less his market is and the more of a chance for him to force his way somewhere. Hopefully for you guys this gets resolved and it’s Simmons.

D-rock likes this.
  17. D-rock

D-rock Member

As a Celtics fan, do you really believe Ainge gives up that much for Harden? Knowing how he prides himself on always getting more for less?

And I'm not even sure Ainge even covets Harden, have you heard anything coming out of Boston?

Not saying Brown-Smart-Timelord + picks is a bad return but I'm just trying to be realistic when it comes to Ainge.

And Timelord just does not fit our system as well as he would have 2 seasons ago.

We now have similar player in Wooten.

Boston84 likes this.
  18. Boston84

Boston84 Member

The thing with ainge tho is he’s realistic in team evaluatiaion - trading for a jimmy butler or a Paul George in a league that’s dominated by a warriors juggernaut isn’t moving the needle. You guys know that better than me. there’s never been an mvp top 5 player on the market for him to go after.

kawhi was the closest and he hadn’t played in a year bc of injury and we were coming off a year where we made the ECF with young guys . We were getting back Hayward and kyrie the next season.

I think ainge is torn tbh. I think he knows harden is elite and also probably the best player he can pair Tatum with in the next 3 years. I don’t think stevens would be screaming to get harden and I do think there is definitely some apprehension in the organization because they dealt with a guy with before who had a perceived huge ego who left. I don’t think ainge would include Tatum nor would I want him to- I do think he would roll the dice with brown.

only word out of Boston is ainge’s former mouth piece bulpett which you guys saw that said they did research on harden and got negative feedback. Buttt if he said they were looking into harden that at least shows ainge had some level of interest in the player.

D-rock likes this.
  19. HardenVolumeOne

i would love otto porter, hate his contract but he is a better value than westbrook

D-rock likes this.
  20. D-rock

D-rock Member

Its half of Westbrook's and only for another season.

That's a good return IMO. Especially if we can also net Satoransky + players/picks.

HardenVolumeOne and jch1911 like this.