1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Poll] Post Trade Deadline Roster

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by T for 3, Nov 24, 2020.

?

Is Harden here post trade deadline?

1. Yes

2. No

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. T for 3

T for 3 Member

If he was viewed as prime mj or Kobe the nets would offer KD without batting an eye.

I think he wants to go to Brooklyn, I don’t think he has to.

saleem likes this.
  2. riko

riko Member

Hence I said you will never get equal value for a player of his talents in today’s nba. Unless you get another top 5 player it’s not getting equal value.

Unless it becomes a bidding war by Harden saying I’m willing to play in so and so destinations it won’t be. Noway we should trade him to the Nets for that offer. I don’t see Harden going anywhere untill he widens his lists of other teams and it seems if he doesn’t get to the Nets he is happy to stay. I don’t think he is that disillusioned or unhappy as portrayed by the media.

If he doesn’t get to the Nets he is more then willing to stay.

Corrosion likes this.
  3. jb86

jb86 Member

We need one more big that can shoot. Thon Maker is the guy.

4. ChillyPete32

ChillyPete32 Member

I mostly agree with the general premise that Harden's value will more likely than not drop after the trade deadline but I don't think the circumstances have to be that unlikely for it to stay the same or even get higher, though. Durant only has two seasons of team control left. If the Nets get bounced in the second round and he says get me Harden and I'll extend for two years or if you don't I'm probably out after the season, our leverage to get far out draft assets from the Nets goes up drastically. The Nets clock is almost ticking like ours is.

Or something could happen like Kawhi wanting to play with Harden on the Knicks or something if the Clips have another early exit with a terrible performance from Paul George.

Curry can also hit free agency in two years. What if GSW gets bounced in the first round and he says get me Harden if you want me to extend (assuming he's still productive and not showing signs of regressing)?

There are a lot more possibilities that aren't too far fetched.

#24 ChillyPete32, Nov 24, 2020
    Last edited: Nov 24, 2020
  5. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Wood will be solid. Boogie will be flawed, slow and inefficient. Our defense will suffer significantly without Roco, like 2018-19 with no dependable wings. We still have a few question marks with the departures of Jeff and Austin that need to be filled in the rotation, and to some extent Mclemore. I think Harden continues to be unimpressed with a flawed team this year, and some GM goes nuts to get Harden at the deadline.

T for 3 likes this.
  6. D-rock

D-rock Member

Dedmon is better.

jb86 likes this.
  7. jb86

jb86 Member

How much is he asking for?

8. D-rock

D-rock Member

Not sure but vet min is probably his best option right now.

saleem likes this.
  9. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

I think he'll be here after trade deadline.

I think he'll be gone next offseason unless we make it to the finals.

10. jim1961

jim1961 Member

Asik is in the Houston Rockets Hall of Shame as far as I am concerned. Rockets all time leading pouter. I am still mad at him.

daywalker02 likes this.
  11. T for 3

T for 3 Member

That guy had the worst hands of any NBA big man I have ever seen. How many times would he get fed a perfect pass, fumble it, and turn what should have been a routine layup into a heavily contested shot. It seemed like he never made a clean catch. That was a Morey analytics pickup by the way. He was a good rim protector though, I'll give Daryl that.

D-rock likes this.
  12. T for 3

T for 3 Member

Adding a choice like that may have evened out the numbers a little bit, for sure. Or an option for him leaving after the season.

13. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

Winning cures all ills...

as long as we start the season well - there will be no moving Harden until the offseason at the earliest... imo...

but stumble out the gate...

saleem and Nolen like this.
  14. D-rock

D-rock Member

Deuce likes this.
  15. jcmoon

jcmoon Contributing Member

i think sooner or later harden will be traded. He wants more than a 2 year extension at 50 million. Unless tilman gives him a max extension i believe that the new york teams will. it all comes down to the benjamins. i don't even think he really cares about a chip.

16. D-rock

D-rock Member

I think otherwise, Harden would not strong arm TF to SPEND for players, change culture and upgrade the team to challenge LAL.

Harden wants a commitment from Rockets, the ring is always the thing.

saleem likes this.
  17. jcmoon

jcmoon Contributing Member

there's no chip coming to houston as long as he takes 50 million a year. his current salary is bad enough along with russ. he knows tilman's not going to go too far into luxury tax like the warriors just did. He wants both. he wants an owner that'll pay him that obscene next contract AND go deep into the tax.

amaru likes this.
  18. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

Hahaha

D-rock likes this.
  19. amaru

amaru Member

Where did you see reports that Harden recruited Cousins. I want to believe it lol

20. riko

riko Member

Brabra

amaru likes this.