1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

MOREY WHO??

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ballgame, Nov 23, 2020.

1. HP3

HP3 Member

Im a homer guy but this thread is not a good one. All this tells me is that there are dudes here who always hated Morey and they like seeing something different for the sake of it.

2. D-rock

D-rock Member

Need to sign Batum. But Stone got nothing to offer him.

Doubt vet min is enough.

3. ballgame

ballgame Member

You are 100% correct! Thanks

hakeem94 likes this.
  4. ThrillaNManilla

ThrillaNManilla Contributing Member

Amigo, even if I didn't agree with your post, I understand your intention behind the post, which is what matters. I enjoyed reading a positive post about our future. Keep posting.

D-rock likes this.
  5. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

all nba 3rd team in an injured and down year is mediocre to you?

the reason only bad teams wanted him is because of his contract. contenders would have to gut their team to match salaries, and few contending teams would benefit from gutting a contending team, obviously. bad teams don't want to mortgage their future to take on a 32 year old. that makes sense too.

trade market and on court productivity are two separate things. he's worth more to us that he is to anyone else. that's why we're better off keeping him for this season. his trade value can only go up from here as his contract shortens.

6. Nook

Nook Member

Daryl Morey left for the same reason MDA left, the same reason Harden wants to leave and Tucker and Westbrook would rather play elsewhere......

[​IMG]

7. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Do not put words in my mouth.

I said GMs of mediocre teams wanted him so the market isn't much interested.

Of course his bad contract is also playing a role.

It speaks volumes about a former MVP whose style of high usage isn't a style for many teams who already have an alpha.

Also a style without 3 pt shooting.

8. photojoe

photojoe Member

So far we haven't traded Harden or Russ yet. We lost RoCo for Wood, a guy who was undrafted and had one good season last year. I'm hopeful for that, but we will see.
    We signed Wooten and Brown, guys who maybe we will get lucky and get something out of them, but who knows.
    And we signed Cousins, a guy who might be washed and injured and may be cut if he doesn't pan out.

But now we have the best GM ever, who has completely transformed the entire life of our team.
    Such is life on the roller coaster of hot takes on ClutchFans

Haymitch, 3ightY, justtxyank and 3 others like this.
  9. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Morey built a championship team that was stopped by a hamstring injury, then Harden's ego got in the way.

So, he did a good job, no a GREAT job, and now Stone is doing well too.

I like em both.

DD

10. MIAGI99

MIAGI99 Member

I just like the fact that he's not catering to Harden or Russ for that matter.

11. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

For a rookie GM and after hearing him in that first intial press conference with Silas I am a bit surprised he's done this good.

BigShasta and Rocket River like this.
  12. riko

riko Member

Good point. Anyway if we look at moreys work in totality the guy was a brilliant GM

3ightY, D-rock and HP3 like this.
  13. TheRealAllpro

TheRealAllpro Morey only fan

Sir I’m THE MOF

it’s in my custom title for Heaven sakes :eek:

don grahamleone likes this.
  14. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

Yeah, but you're not throwing any tantrums over losing him. :) You're good people. YOLO is too, but he needs to come to his senses, realize that he's been a Rockets fan first all along and join back up with the good guys!

TheRealAllpro likes this.
  15. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

FIFY

Rocket River

16. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Nope Harden wanted Westbrook and couldn't stand CP3's truth bombs about his crappy D.......which is funny because he cleaned it up last year.....

DD

STR8Thugg likes this.
  17. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Harden has not been crappy on D in 4 years
    And maybe CP3's Hamstring bombs were a problem

Harden took CP3 further than he had been
    CP3 did not take Harden further than he had been

Rocket River

18. Pandaemonaeon

Pandaemonaeon Member

And just recently in the decisive game where CP3 was supposedly going to prove that he, not Harden, was the one built for clutch moments, it was CP3 who choked while Harden who rose to the occasion.

RustyHarden likes this.
  19. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Wow, this is all it takes to get you guys euphoric? This thread is going to be bumped a lot.

20. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

You're a good poster RR, don't get caught up in the CP3 ex girlfriend narrative here.

CP took the team to 60 wins and up 3-2 in the WCF, both things Harden did not do with a similar team before or after. CP was out there hitting absolute dagger shots over and over. He and Harden were both controlling momentum in games like superstars.

Our trio of super switchable wings also helped, and we never adequately backfilled.

Say no to CP3 denial. 2018-19 does not erase 17-18. Players have down years. It didn't help that our supporting cast got worse too and we couldn't run the defense prescribed. That was some epic basketball.

don grahamleone and saleem like this.