1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

(Woj) Harden turned down $50 million a year extension wants to be traded to Nets

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DaBeard, Nov 16, 2020.

1. YOLO

YOLO Member

FTR Lebron took a paycut when they initially formed their big 3 in Miami with Wade/Bosh. They all did

fattz and Why not? like this.
  2. riko

riko Member

Give harden then the big three and he might or might not. If I’ve got average players around me I’m taking the max to

D-rock likes this.
  3. YOLO

YOLO Member

maybe he does. who knows. he might just get that chance if he goes to Brooklyn but of course by the time his deal is up hell be older and more inclined to not command max. Just pointing out Lebron did take a cut. I don't fault harden for getting all the money he can. He put the work in and earned it . Who gives af what outside people say

fattz and riko like this.
  4. apollo33

apollo33 Member

There's no market right now for them. So they gotta suit up, that's just the way it is

pr0wler likes this.
  5. ChillyPete32

ChillyPete32 Member

That's true, but then he got kind of annoyed with Arison having a breaking point on some of his luxury tax bills that after that Bron basically resolved that he wouldn't ever take anything less than the max. This was going to get in the way when we were supposedly trying to land him two years ago since we'd have been in a much better position to field a competitive team around him, Harden, and CP3 if he'd leave a couple million on the table. The stance didn't totally make sense with his reasons for it, but he can definitely do what he wants.

The thing with Arison having a breaking point with the tax was also part of why Bron did those 1 year deals with Cleveland so he'd have leverage to make Gilbert spend (which he did and kind of screwed the Cavs over with overpriced deals still on the books after Bron left).

6. IslandB.O.I.

IslandB.O.I. Member

Ben Simmons’ sister

D-rock likes this.
  7. fattz

fattz Member

I am all for paying the players but when the super max is no longer maximum and there is still a cap. Putting players around said beyond maxed out player would be a challenge. Is the only point I was trying to make. That said the players need to make as much as they can because their careers are only so long.

8. Reeko

Reeko Member

Simmons’ sister out here trollin

D-rock and IslandB.O.I. like this.
  9. Mkieke

Mkieke Member

Y’all really need to stop posting these fake insiders with 200 followers that know the weather in 2 weeks as well as the inside goings on of the Rockets. Give me a break.

YOLO likes this.
  10. blahblehblah

blahblehblah Member

FTR Harden wouldn't take an offer from OKC that was $5million less from the max when they had a big 3 + ibaka.

D-rock likes this.
  11. riko

riko Member

And it was the best move of his career that he didn’t. It wasn’t just the extra 5 that probaly tilted his reasoning but more so he was offerd to be the man in Houston and start . His own franchise . That and he felt disrespected by the Thunder ownership.

D-rock likes this.
  12. blahblehblah

blahblehblah Member

Perhaps staying in OKC would've created a 4x championship dynasty with MVP's for all of em. Or perhaps its as you confidently concluded, the best decision of his career. I've no clue, but its an interesting what if.

My post merely pointed out that Harden did NOT in fact take a less than the MAX as asserted when the team is good- great. Just as true is that Lebron has taken less than the Max.

Taking slightly less or not isn't a big deal to me, its millionaires vs billionaires... just pointing out the facts.

D-rock likes this.
  13. Crashlanded19

Crashlanded19 Member

I don’t think he’s leaving no time soon.

BamBam likes this.
  14. blahblehblah

blahblehblah Member

Definitely Not assuming the offers don't improve.

15. Batman Jones

Batman Jones Contributing Member

maybe that’s what should happen, but it’s not what does happen. When a star player demands a trade, the team he’s been playing for almost never gets equal value in return. I can’t even remember the last time a team with a star demanding a trade getting equal value in such a situation. Can you? Can anyone?

fattz and YOLO like this.
  16. Batman Jones

Batman Jones Contributing Member

I mean, it’s not that teams that are unsatisfied with offers don’t sometimes hold the player hostage, by which I mean there are times that a team refuses to move an unhappy player, but I’m not sure that has ever resulted in an equal value trade. What it typically results in instead is a very unhappy player not playing at max effort until they get a trade as demanded. Maybe it happens sometimes and that’s just slipping my memory, but if it does happen it’s rare enough to be the exception to the rule. And I don’t think Harden is going to be the exception to the rule in this situation. He’s used to getting his way when it comes to things like this, as all All-Star NBA players are.

fattz likes this.
  17. apollo33

apollo33 Member

I would say Pelicans got a pretty good haul for AD

18. jamisonrocket

jamisonrocket Member

Cousins is coming to the Rockets because the Lakers went with Gasol. This doesn't mean Harden is staying. Green leaving to the Nets holds more weight. Both sides have been rather quite. A simple "Harden is back on board for now" would chill tensions.

The Rockets are probably ok with it being open he wants moved. The calls are coming into Stone and not him having to convince another team to engage

D-rock likes this.
  19. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

simmons sister is the new Burt Steele

RustyHarden and AB_KIAd_myCar like this.
  20. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

If it was Simmons for Westbrook that would be sweet.

D-rock likes this.