1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Eric Gordon

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by BraBra, Nov 20, 2020.

1. Dankstronaut

Dankstronaut Way, way out here.
    Supporting Member

I do think there are teams that need a veteran presence, 3 point shooting and all that a healthy Eric Gordon does bring. Utah HAS to be interested in him lol...he dropped 50, that's not something I think we need to underrate. The Randle for Gordon suggestion is interesting, I think I would do that.

2. Le$$

Le$$ Member

Tucker + Gordon should net you a ok player. But i doubt rockets want to move on from them even thou they should.

Rudyc281 likes this.
  3. j@amc

j@amc Member

Agreed. I would think the Knicks could buy into this trade, knowing that they could flip Gordon later in the year for more assets. Randle has a relationship with Lucas. If you deal for Randle, you would have some flexibility with Tucker and Wood. They would form a pretty good forward combination.

Stone would have added two players that can give you 20 points a night and a substantial upgrade in rebounding in a matter of days. If that is not enough to convince Harden and Westbrook to buy in, so be it.

4. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

5. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Um...........er.........

Rudyc281 likes this.
  6. Crashlanded19

Crashlanded19 Member

please be true

GotGame15, Bo6, Rudyc281 and 4 others like this.
  7. treyk3

treyk3 Member

omg he took my trade idea.

lmfao.

That's not possible btw.

It would have to involve Russ to a third team.

or Tucker + Eric. creating a much much bigger hole.

Rudyc281 and Vivi like this.
  8. topfive

topfive CF OG

That's how Corey Brewer ended up a Rocket.

Dankstronaut and don grahamleone like this.
  9. Vivi

Vivi Member

Gordon plus two 1st? Not sure what's the point for SacTown, aren't they able to find a better offer then taking on Gordon's contract and two average/bad future 1st rounders? I don't think we have a chance unless we unload other pieces (PJ/Russ) to move other/better assets to the Kings.

I do believe Hield is being shopped though, he can't get along with the coach and the Kings drafted Haliburton. And there were also rumors about Philly trying to trade for Hield few days ago.

10. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Who is the better buddy, him or brodie.

Rudyc281 likes this.
  11. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Could you not throw Gordon/House/Ben at them?

12. ksny15

ksny15 Member

Didn’t he just get an extension in Sac or am I thinking of Fox? Buddy is knockdown shooter. Harden would finally have one.

13. treyk3

treyk3 Member

This isn't a real rumor. He saw my post 10 minutes before he tweeted. This guy is a troll who is reading us.

No we couldn't

We are currently stuck offering minimum deals to work under the hardcap.

trading out more players than we receive while adding salary will prevent the team from filling the roster.

14. RudyTBag

Supporting Member

A Hou/Sac/NYC 3-way involving Russ and Buddy could make some sense. Sac gets some serious cap room and NYC can help us grease the deal.

15. treyk3

treyk3 Member

Sacramento is under a bind.

They have to decide within 24 hours whether to keep Bogdan or Hield.

Sending out Russ and ending up with Mitchell Robinson, DSJ or Frank and Buddy Hield would be incredible.

#155 treyk3, Nov 23, 2020
    Last edited: Nov 23, 2020
    Rudyc281 and RudyTBag like this.
  16. DVauthrin

DVauthrin Contributing Member

The Kings don’t want or need both Bogdanovic and Hield. If they find a trade partner for Hield before tomorrow, they will match the Hawks’ offer for Bogdanovic.

I could see a three-team trade between Houston, Sacramento and Indiana:

Indiana gets Gordon, House
    Sacramento gets Turner
    Rockets get Hield

The big problem is the Rockets would be adding four million in salary and adding another roster spot that would need to be filled with only minimum contracts to offer. Plus, Hield isn’t going to be happy coming off the bench, so are you alright with a Westbrook-Hield-Harden-Tucker-Wood starting lineup? Hield is one of the worst defenders in the NBA, so I don’t really see this making a ton of sense for the Rockets. I’d rather just deal with Indiana directly and get Turner.

daywalker02 likes this.
  17. Vivi

Vivi Member

Yeah, that lineup...i don't know, then again, i think the problem there is also that Indiana have no reason to have any interest in Gordon as long as Oladipo is there, and even without him i highly doubt they would move Turner for Eric at this point, unless they get back some picks at least. I think it would've to be a much bigger trade at this point.

DVauthrin likes this.
  18. RudyTBag

Supporting Member

Man. Getting an elite shooter like Hield in any deal involving Russ, I would cream my pants.

Hield and Wood were born to play with James Harden. He is like a super steroid Bobby Brown.

Rudyc281 and treyk3 like this.
  19. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

My take is that they pay lip service and start offensive fire works.

20. RudyTBag

Supporting Member

Hield is most certainly not "one of the worst defenders in the NBA". It makes me question If you have seen him play.

Rudyc281 likes this.