1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] Patriots @ Texans

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Castor27, Nov 21, 2020.

1. rfrocket

rfrocket Member

I wonder how they determine a "pressure"?
    I seem to remember at least 5 or 6 times just from memory that DW had to scramble or move the pocket.

Any word on Brandon Dunn?
    Did he come back in the game?

Shame about PJ!

2. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Wait, the Texans won?

Fullcourt likes this.
  3. CCorn

CCorn Member

The game has passed Belicheat by. Time for him to retire.

4. Nimo

Nimo Member

I said it here a couple years ago that Roderick Johnson holds his own as a LT, he is just really bad on the right side. He'll be okay as long as they don't try to move him to the right.

The Texans don't have a choice with Coutee; Cobb has been ruled out for Thursday's game. So Coutee is up again.

Hank McDowell likes this.
  5. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

Texans have now put up 2 consecutive impressive AF performances with the roof open.

It’s actually the best of the retractable roof stadiums.... and likely exceeds that of the new era of “indoor” stadiums that appear to be oudoors simply because they have a see-through roof.

The fact that the players prefer to play with it open speaks volumes to how out of touch the previous coaching regime was.

I hope they adhere to the 50-80 rule and just make it set here on out. There isn’t “more noise” with it closed.

conquistador#11 likes this.
  6. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

Could be 2 in a row. Detroit just got shutout against the Panthers. Watson will definitely ball out on Thursday. Sunday was just the warmup for his national tv stage.

7. desihooper

desihooper Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

With the 1st performance being 6 years ago (Fitzy)? I dunno, I hate the TV viewing experience with the roof open. The shadows are pretty pronounced and reminds me too much of the first era of Texans football (minus the horrendous tray system):cool:

#247 desihooper, Nov 23, 2020
    Last edited: Nov 23, 2020
  8. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

The only times the "shadows" really become a problem is on angles where you need to see the whole field.... mainly punts/kickoffs.

More than one side of the field is stable, while the sun bathes one end-zone to around the 25 yard line... and then moves solely to the stands by half-time.

It still changes the dynamics of the stadium enough, especially in person... its not just a car with a sun-roof (Atlanta stadium, Dallas stadium), or the fake open air stadium/domes that are the trend now (Minnesota, LV, LA).

On par with Arizona... just built a few years too soon before the moveable field system technology was pioneered.

9. STR8Thugg

STR8Thugg STR8Thugg Member

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

Deshaun was playing connect the dots out there yesterday wow! Kid has been able to flourish no matter the scheme, coach or personnel. Franchise. Get him some help!!

Shout out to the D for "battling" (Im glad Weaver brought back the term!) they played tough.

Ruin the pick for Miami! Damn though speaking of even when Tunsil is not playing Watson shines. Makes you wonder.

Nice win!

joshuaao and STR8Thugg like this.
  11. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

Deshaun is great. The defense finally bringing exotic blitz packages that make it somewhat difficult for the QB to read.

Still need better tackling, better run blocking, and better overall coverage.... but they did do a good job of limiting dumb penalties, they executed in the red zone, and the pass blocking was much better than expected given Tunsil being out.

STR8Thugg likes this.
  12. Nimo

Nimo Member

I know it's been mentioned but we can't forget that the offense pretty much abandoned the running backs and were running strictly with the QB. This is not sustainable. Also, the Texans are still struggling to generate points in the 2nd half.

vinsensual likes this.
  13. STR8Thugg

The Patriots had the ball most of the second half. I think we had 3 real possessions and scored on 2 of them.

14. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

Kinda felt like the players took that game into their own hands. They looked like an actual team and played well.

With out a 1st round pick, there's no reason to fold on the season and let Miami have a top 5 pick. Would be cool if they could get to 6-10 or 7-9 and make that pick less valuable. Lions, Bears, and Bengals are certainly winnable games. Maybe steal one of the games against the Colts, too? I think it makes the team look more ready to build on than to rebuild for potential GMs and coaches.

cmoak1982 likes this.
  15. Nimo

Nimo Member

They had the ball 4 times (2 three and outs) and scored 6 points in the 2nd half.

They had the ball 5 times in the 1st half and scored 21 points.

vinsensual likes this.
  16. J.R.

J.R. Member

17. STR8Thugg

Yes they need to convert touchdowns instead of field goals.

One of those possessions was basically an intentional 3 and out to burn the clock at the very end of the game.