1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Atlanta Senate Election... Will the Trumpsters show up

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by T_Man, Nov 22, 2020.

?

Will the Trumpsters come out and vote

1. Yes

11 vote(s)
    47.8%
  2. No

12 vote(s)
    52.2%
  1. T_Man

T_Man Contributing Member

So now that Trump will lose his lawsuit in GA.. Will the Trumpublicans show up and vote...

I know they are very loyal to Trump, but without Trump on the ticket and he's really not caring about politics at all... Will they come out and vote?

T_Man

fchowd0311 likes this.
  2. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

I'm praying that Cheeto Mussolini takes down the GOP with him. I hope MAGAlytes despise the GOP for not saving Trump and I hope Trump reigns wrath down the GOP establishment.

3. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Only if Trump keeps trying to pretend like he didn't lose the election. Once Turtle Mitch and the others acknowledge that Trump lost, his supporters will show up in certain number. If they were to concede now, his supporters wouldn't show up in enough numbers to win. It's why Mitch and others won't acknowledge that Trump lost.

tmoney1101, AleksandarN and R0ckets03 like this.
  4. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

How important are those Senate seats ? .... They are everything to both sides , its the difference between a rubber stamp for the Dems agenda and stopping that agenda.

Yeah , they'll turn out to vote .... You bet your ass they will.

5. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

you mean the majority's agenda?

AleksandarN, B-Bob, Reeko and 2 others like this.
  6. CCorn

CCorn Member

There’s a ton of voters like my mother that care more about Trump than the Republican Party. I could see people similar to her sitting it out once Trump concedes.

7. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

If that's what you want to call it and its a slim majority for such extreme change.

I don't really buy that the majority want those things , they were just sick of Trump.

8. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

like what extreme change needs to be stopped?

9. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

You know what the left wants that the right doesn't , I don't need to spell it out for you.

The final popular vote was 51% 47% .... That is by no means some incredible mandate that everyone wants xyz.

The country is incredibly divided on the issues.

10. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

11. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

I don’t see Trump campaigning in GA, especially after the December 14th EC vote.

The GA Rs who vote in every election will show.

The Trump Only Rs may not. Trump is not on the ballot and is hiding out in the WH with his hurt feefees. TORs feel the system is rigged and the establishment Rs certified a Biden victory, even though there was “election fraud”. I can easily see that they feel disenfranchised and that they lack the motivation to help the establishment Rs.

The Ds are generally bad in runoff elections, so they will an unexpectedly big turnout to win. One has to think that the senate races are the Rs to lose.

12. geeimsobored

geeimsobored Contributing Member

I think this last election should shatter the myth that high turnout always benefits Democrats. Trump proved that there are just as many unlikely Republican voters to pull from.

The big question is whether suburban voters vote for the Democrats on the ballot at the same rate that they voted for Biden and whether African Americans in Southwest Georgia turn out to vote. Georgia has a large rural African American population and getting high turnout there is central to any path to victory. Concurrently, Democrats have to hope for lower turnout among the other rurals.

But ultimately this all hinges on whether suburban voters continue to split their tickets and vote Republican downballot. There were an incredibly non-trivial number of voters that voted for Biden and McBath (or Boudreaux) that also voted for Loeffler/Collins and Perdue. If that happens again, Democrats are toast.

Invisible Fan likes this.
  13. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

This is a huge difference of millions of people.

Also, you seemed to be all for the GOP's 'Mandate' when they didn't even win the popular vote.

14. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

It was a mandate according to Trump in 2016 when he won with a lower percentage. It was the beginning of a new era and entire movement when Reagan won with a lower percentage.

JayGoogle likes this.
  15. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

What we all desperately need is for people to not let freakin Fox News spell it out for them.

Listen to what Biden and his inner circle are talking about, and then see if that is so radical. Ask yourself if Cindy McCain wants to ruin your life with lunatic ideas.

(Never mind lunatic ideas like putting Betsy Duh-Vos in charge of education and denying science and medicine. Good lord what we've been through these four years.)

Blatz, Xenon, R0ckets03 and 1 other person like this.
  16. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

I'm not a Trumper , I voted for Jo Jorgensen.

No , I wasn't for the GOP mandate , open mouth insert foot. But I guess anything that doesn't follow the majority around here is seen as the enemy.

I'm stuck between jokers to the left and clowns to the right and think you all **** up America from both sides of the extreme.

And yeah , its a "millions" of votes but as a percentage its very fractional ..... there were over a hundred fifty million votes cast. Trump got more votes as the loser than any winning candidate in history , that's crazy. A whole hell of a lot of people voted.

This country is fairly evenly divided 51/47 isn't some wide gap. and I'm one of the 2% who didn't like either sh!tty choice.

And really , what does that have to do with the question asked by the OP - I think its obvious both sides understand the importance of controlling the senate , its the difference between the Dems controlling everything to the GOP being able to stonewall them.

Will Trumpers turn out ? I think that's an easy question to answer .... Is water ****ing wet ?

#16 Corrosion, Nov 22, 2020
    Last edited: Nov 22, 2020
  17. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

Don't know why you direct this at me .... when I simply answered the question by the OP.

Really I should just learn to stay out of this echo chamber , my opinion isn't welcome from either side ....

18. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

I responded to your comment that “we all know” what the left wants. I don’t think it’s a simple thing.

19. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

I don't think you are a centrist. Your posting history shows that, I don't get this fascination with right-leaning posters pretending to be in the middle when they side with like 80% of the things the right wants to do. I don't remember many arguments here on this board where you sided with left leaning posters on much. A few things, sure, but just because a conservative is for legalizing weed or for LGBT rights doesn't mean they are in the center. Just like a liberal that is for gun rights doesn't mean they are in the center. It means you have a few views that line up with liberals but I'm willing to bet you side more with conservatives than liberals.

Also, that margin is historically still pretty large, and as mentioned before, Trump and Reagan won with a smaller margin and assumed it was a mandate.

As for the senate, I don't think you have to worry too much. There's Sinema and Manchin and if you think they are rubber stamping liberal policies then you should really look at their history.

The difference is big between who controls the senate, no one denies that, but I'm not really sure what big policy they'll get passed with Manchin and Sinema there. Sinema and Manchin voted 51% of the times with Trump.

Here's a graph to ease your mind...

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

So even if the Democrats win those two seats, all it really determines is who controls the senate as in what comes to the Senate floor and who gets appointed to where and so on and so on.

If you're imagining some AOC written new green deal going through even a Schumer led Senate then put those worries to bed. Manchin already said he won't let anything like that pass.

20. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

Nevermind , its not worth it .... See ya in the GARM.