1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

NEXT GEN Gaming Console, PS5 and Xbox Series X news/upates

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by noize, Mar 17, 2020.

1. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

I beat the system once buying Rush tickets in a pre-sale online. I was at work and hitting refresh for when the link went live to buy tickets. As soon as the link appeared, I clicked it and added two tickets of "best available" to my cart. I got front row. This was the Rush 30th anniversary tour. I was so stoked that I had them in my cart. I went and briefly shared my excitement with a co-worker. Then, I proceeded to check out. I got to see Rush front row for normal ticket price. That is like the one and only time I've ever had true success buying concert tickets online. I had even worse luck camping out or morning of on-sale in person. For several Rush shows, I just splurged and bought the package that guarantees you a floor seat in the front. But, those tickets were always 10 - 12 rows back from front row. Still good seats but front row is just a surreal experience because there is no one in front of you except the band. Got some funny looks from Geddy Lee as we were in front of him. He wore those round sunglasses when he came out and the guy I was with was wearing his sunglasses. We all got a laugh at the start of the show. It was a moment.

#1161 Surfguy, Nov 22, 2020
    Last edited: Nov 22, 2020
    KingCheetah and tmoney1101 like this.
  2. FlyerFanatic

FlyerFanatic YOU BOYS LIKE MEXICO!?! YEEEHAAWW
    Supporting Member

sale going on across pretty much everywhere for PS4 games, went ahead and picked up ghost of tsushima for 40...think last of us 2 is like 30...worth the buy? never played first one...but what i saw of LOU2 looked pretty hard...like even if you turned it on easy gameplay it'd be difficult, maybe not dark souls but..

3. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

Sony bundled the PS3 with EVERYTHING towards the end. You buy a Sony TV, get a PS3. Buy a Sony Home Theater, get a PS3. Google it. It allowed them to catch up and "win" by 3 million units.

Dude. Raw POWER, the Xbox Series X is more powerful. You can READ the specs for yourself. The GPU does 12 Teraflops, PS5 does around 10.8. But that doesn't tell the whole story. That SSD bandwidth Sony touted with the PS5, hasn't show up it real world. Individual games may or may not have shown the big differences yet, but give it time for both system.

4. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Great moments in rock history.

5. tmoney1101

tmoney1101 Contributing Member

Who’s the fanboy? Good thing we have you in here white knighting for a console or we wouldn’t know any of the Xbox specs.

6. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

It is about stating facts. I will never buy another Sony console. Not a fan boy of the Xbox, but don't have another choice....LOL.

7. tmoney1101

I picked up ghost too. It’s a beautiful game on ps5 running a steady 4K 60. I haven’t played LOU either the remaster is on the ps+ Bundle though. I’ll probably pick up LOU2 sometime next year for cheaper.

8. KingCheetah

Sounds like cars and the horsepower war -- a balanced system is better than raw power.

9. FlyerFanatic

Supporting Member

the nintendo switch has the sads :(

KingCheetah likes this.
  10. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

Does the new Xbox actually fit in anyone's entertainment cabinet? Or, do I need to get Joey from "Friends" to make a new entertainment cabinet for me?

[​IMG]

Actually, I don't even play games really any more. I'm still content with my Xbox One and I mostly use apps on it.

11. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

Here is something interesting. Gamestop sent me an email a few minutes ago. I tried around midnight on launch day to get a Series X. I got thru their credit app for All-Access, but it wouldn't place the order (ran out of stock). Anyway, I get an email saying sorry you didn't get the Series S (I think I click on S too to see if they had stock) and but you were still approved for the Citizen Bank line of credit. They provide a link if I was still interested in the Series X. So, I finish the check out process...it pauses...then goes thru. Says order is placed and I get a confirmation email. Tracking will come later. LOL.

tinman likes this.
  12. KingCheetah

Was reading the specs on the switch and it's like a cellphone from 2015.

tmoney1101 likes this.
  13. FlyerFanatic

Supporting Member

i mean its due for an upgrade

you don't play switch for the specs. i dont think it will ever rival xbox/ps specs wise

i guess if you don't like the mario kart, zelda games its of no use. idk i think its fun to hop on some MK8 every so often

KingCheetah likes this.
  14. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Wario says xbox has been around today @tinman

15. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Saying you won't buy another Sony console literally shows you are a XBox fanboy, otherwise why would you refuse to buy future Sony consoles when you don't even know who wins in the specs department, quality and game library?

And you "don't have another choice", what? Do you have a bounty on your head that triggers when you buy a Sony console?

Dude.

tmoney1101 likes this.
  16. tmoney1101

He’s joking.

17. KingCheetah

Yeah it's awesome for what it is -- hard to believe all the remastered 360/ PS3 era games it plays. Even the battery is small yet they'll run all day.

18. KingCheetah

No being serious and not dissing the switch -- it's really impressive what it can do with the limited power it has.

tmoney1101 likes this.
  19. tmoney1101

I had one for about a year but their games just don’t draw me in. I didn’t even finish Zelda. I’m kinda having the same issue with spider man. The characters are little too wholesome for me.

I ended up playing civ 6 more than anything on it and I was really impressed that it could run that game so smoothly when my 16 gig ram Mac Pro has issues with it sometimes.

20. KingCheetah

Yeah I didn't buy one until they had a nice selection of more mature rated titles that had good reviews.