1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets want a young star and massive package of picks for Harden

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ashleyem, Nov 17, 2020.

1. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

He isn't as strong.

2. Le$$

Le$$ Member

Teams are going to low ball Houston next year after running it back again. It just will be for a worse package. They are not getting a simmons player for james. I tell you what might happen thou, rockets will have to eventually trade them both for scraps at the deadline when they both act like the dont want to be here and rockets are like what near .500 or below it.

Lets run it back again, like it even matter after a first round lost to Denver. Reality sets in, you just lost a big defensive player in Cov, how is skinny wood going to be that much a difference?

Should of just blown it up already and took knicks and nets scraps, picks. Like i said the homers on here just want to be in love with Harden for ever(I wont name theme) and dont want to let him go. Come play off time its Harden No show in. Enjoy another year.

Will James Harden really lead his team this year? Or does baby want out to play with Durant.

3. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

The depth actually looks worse FWIW.

Defense got worse, Offense arguably better, more versatile.

4. Le$$

Le$$ Member

Well i can see where Wood potentially could be a top 10 center in the league, maybe even top 5. He would be a excellent piece to build upon. But i just think rockets need to rebuild. Put a totally new young team around wood. If Wood is your Center piece. I just dont see why houston wants this same experiment over and over. New coach, new Staff, and get your sellf a New Team.

Like how many run it backs do you need with James? Obviously you need a big team around him, and they aint coming to houston. and the players you need you cant afford obviously cause you fouled up in payroll with (Russ and Chris paul)

Hopefully they will atleast trade Russ, and give Harden a farewell tour till the trade deadline. Im hoping Goldenstate trades for him, because they are the only team that Has the Assets at this time to get him. Look it up.

Rudyc281 likes this.
  5. Loneyroy7

Loneyroy7 Member

This whole post is a giant contradiction.

Is Harden a no-show that can't get it done, or is he a baby for wanting to play with more help in a Durant? It can't be both.

D-rock, jiggyfly, Rudyc281 and 2 others like this.
  6. icewill36

icewill36 Member

Yall are overrating TF out of wood

jiggyfly, Vivi, dobro1229 and 2 others like this.
  7. Le$$

Le$$ Member

Dont get me wrong. I think James is excellent player. But You need the right team to put around him, they never seem to get this. Look how James has had to lead this team. The teams with Howard, and Paul that went to the western Conference finals were amazing. But do you think maybe this was just the top ceiling. Everyone around the league says so.

Every time Houston lost it was against the Champions. Im not saying Harden is a bad player. But sooner or later you scrap what you have. If you really think Russ was just not healthy then yes you give it another shot. Its not a bad thing. But if both players want out maybe you got yourself in a bad situation. I think Russ and Harden can be a championship team but the payroll is not letting them have enough pieces around them to make it work. I mean think about it 2 super max players cant be on the same team.

Maybe if you get them on board this year, maybe it be different. Maybe there was too much pressure in the bubble. Lakers were just stacked at center. Here hoping the rockets can bring in Demarcus cousins and Aaron Baynes for one more run!

Rudyc281 and ashleyem like this.
  8. Plowman

Plowman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

And you're underrating TF out of the Houston Rockets.

9. SKYGODZ187

SKYGODZ187 Member

Hardens not going no where.
    Qatch for Gordon and Westbrook to be out the door soon

D-rock and Rudyc281 like this.
  10. thedude077

thedude077 Member

Just straight up trade Harden for Simmons. Don't even think about it. Just do it.

Rudyc281 likes this.
  11. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Show patience.

12. icewill36

icewill36 Member

how exactly ? are we supposed to be favorites now ?

13. Plowman

Plowman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I never said anything about being favorites.

Let it play out a bit more.

D-rock, Rudyc281 and daywalker02 like this.
  14. riko

riko Member

As of right now with the Serge signing I say we are third in the west. Denver has taken a substantial hit with Grant going to Detroit and losing another defender in Craig.

Clippers still don’t have a Point but atleast signed Serge. Losing Trez off the bench is huge for them though.

Lakers got way quicker and more athletic. Wes Matthews and Schroeder will make them more athletic and quicker in place of Green and Rondo.More offensive firepower as well. They have a nice bench now with Kuzma, Trez and Schroeder coming off it. They are really good

I got us third. I think Woods can be a poor mans version of the Latvian beast was under Silas was in Dallas. He will use him similarly but at the same time also use Woods superior athleticism to his advantage. Can’t wait to see woods and Harden Pick and Roll and pop action .

15. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

I legitimately chuckled at the "Put a totally new young team around wood" part.

jiggyfly and Rudyc281 like this.
  16. Le$$

Le$$ Member

Golden State Warriors Receive: James Harden, P.J. Tucker

Houston Rockets Receive: Kevon Looney, Eric Paschall, Andrew Wiggins, James Wiseman, Minnesota’s 2021 first-round pick (top-three protection), 2022 first-round swap, 2024 first-round pick, 2025 first-round swap, 2026 first-round pick

Why not? Isnt James Wiseman a future young star? That Minny pick is #4, and top 3 protected. This is the package you go for now. You could always hold on to Russ till the deadline.

ktex likes this.
  17. Caprah

Caprah Member

Then we sign you’re scrub ass lord Jeremy Lin as well? Hahahaha let the scrub run the show? Go back to starting the Sign lin Threads. We can see through ya agenda dim sim boy

18. hakeemthagreat

My question what star would you be good with trading Harden for? Serious question. You clearly won't get equal talent, but someone with potential Donovan Mitchell would work for me

saleem likes this.
  19. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Bro what lol, Simmons strength isn’t in question, dude is a physical beast.

The question is, can a team succeed in the NBA with your ball handler being a non shooter? Giannis is a much better player, and even his teams seem to be limited to early playoff outs due to his inability to shoot.

20. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

Simmons

D-rock likes this.