1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Random Questions.

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by jiggyfly, Nov 11, 2020.

1. Roscoe Arbuckle

Not sure who Senator is.

The amount of times I trolled this site when I was perma-banned? I'd always out myself because it was no fun with people not knowing it was me. If I was using a second account, you'd know by now.

2. Buck Turgidson

I like(d?) my Phillips cordless trimmer but now I can't find the damn cord to recharge it.

So I still haven't shaved since February. I did try though.

jiggyfly likes this.
  3. King1

King1 Contributing Member

Braun 9290 is good. Fun fact if you're not scared of a barber shop Sports Clips will do your beard and goatee for $7. I was hesitant at first but they do a solid job

jiggyfly likes this.
  4. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

I believe you. Say anything about Fatty but don't say he's deceitful.

@Senator 's prose is very similar to yours.

TWS1986 likes this.
  5. SemisolidSnake

I haven't watched the video, because I just want to drop in my thoughts about "hard work," one of my least favorite generalist phrases ever. Ok, actually now that I've looked it up, the quote uses the phrase "do your best" which is not quite the same, but probably overlaps 90% in a most people's Venn diagram of the two.

[​IMG]

(By the way, Deming is the guy that introduced the Japanese to statistical quality control, and is often credited as one of the biggest factors to the Japanese rapid rebuilding and subsequent dominance in manufacturing after the war.)

Anyway, I have worked with my fair share of people that "do their best" or "work hard." It has often been associated with what I can only presume is a cultural-based rearing focused on creating a hard work ethic but also equating "doing your best" and "hard work" with doing exactly what you're told by your superiors and never questioning that. And if you have superiors that see you "working hard" like a busy bee, that is often more pleasing to the eye of poor managers than the guy that says "we're going down the wrong path" or "this is going to take more thought" or, God forbid, something that intimates that their boss is wrong. As has been discussed, failing upwards and other illogical, unfair things happen all the time due to ego and myopia and impulsiveness in business.

Let me tell you something. I have seen tens of millions of dollars utterly destroyed by people "working hard" and "doing their best" without knowing what to do as Deming puts it. And I would give my right nut to go back in time and tell all these people to just sit on their ass and do nothing all day rather than "working hard." Yeah, I'll trade a nut for not having the actual PTSD of 12 years of trying to undo that type of "hard work" with correct work.

6. TWS1986

TWS1986 SPX '05, UH' 19

Senator is a racist troll.

IBTL likes this.
  7. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

yeah deming is the guy that the pmi pmbok guys likes to have on their list ...that and venn diagrams, pareto, and more..it all gets a bit hazy.

the video is aight its pretty short.
    i believe it to be correct i think you will like it based on your post

TWS1986 likes this.
  8. SemisolidSnake

edit: wrong thread

9. Roscoe Arbuckle

I can assure you, I'm not racist. But these days I suppose all liberals think that way...

STR8Thugg and TWS1986 like this.
  10. Ubiquitin

Ubiquitin Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Senator is Dei.

Buck Turgidson likes this.
  11. TWS1986

TWS1986 SPX '05, UH' 19

My. Man.

12. TWS1986

TWS1986 SPX '05, UH' 19

I didn't say you were Senator, did I?

13. Buck Turgidson

14. Roscoe Arbuckle

I did come up with. "Meh."

15. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

I got this and it works for me.

Not a super close shave but good enough.

16. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

According to who?

Better correct that Wiki entry

"The origin is unknown. Some have speculated that the term's origin is Yiddish because of its similarity to the interjection "feh",[3] which appears in the 1936 Yiddish song Yidl Mitn Fidl. In Alexander Harkavy's Yiddish-English-Hebrew Dictionary the word is treated as a bleating or baa sound. Hooray for Yiddish, by Leo Rosten uses the word "mnyeh", which is speculated to be an early variant of "meh"."

And sue John Swartzelder

John Swartzwelder was credited with first introducing "meh" into a Simpsons script, and when reached for comment, he claimed he heard it from an advertising writer who said it was the funniest word in the world—in the early '70s."

TWS1986 likes this.
  17. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Why is a coworker telling kids that if you do not take the covid vaccine shot you will not be able to get into college or not get a job.

Da ****!

He is a coach and he is black.

I want to ask him if he voted for Trump.

He is now saying he is starting a podcast.

STR8Thugg likes this.
  18. TWS1986

TWS1986 SPX '05, UH' 19

That's bizarre, indeed.

19. TWS1986

TWS1986 SPX '05, UH' 19

Who here works in IT?

20. STR8Thugg

STR8Thugg STR8Thugg Member

That's the best kind of troll