1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Shams Bomb] Rockets and Wizards discussed a Westbrook/Wall deal

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Dr of Dunk, Nov 17, 2020.

1. Vivi

Vivi Member

I'm totally fine swapping Westbrook with Wall if that means getting some picks or young players, but not to use them in other trades to bring in rentals or veterans.

joshuaao, Rudyc281 and T.MAC like this.
  2. YOLO

YOLO Member

[​IMG]

Jontro, Vivi, fckbandwagons and 2 others like this.
  3. blahblehblah

blahblehblah Member

Have to disagree here. Westbrook is one of the few aging stars who's value should increase next year due to his contract and how his season ended.

Westbrook's contract contrarily to harden's becomes more appealing to other teams as it becomes shorter.

Because of how poorly he played in the playoffs due to injuries and covid, people forget how great Westbrook was prior to the shutdown. He was putting up 32 8 and 7 on great efficiency for 3 months.

Westbrook is great at putting up stats, but even if he doesn't perform as well as he did last season, his trade value is already at an all-time low. He'd have to be incredibly bad, fall off a cliff or suddenly lose all skill/athleticism to make it any worse.

4. Le$$

Le$$ Member

I think there is a deal to be had with Washington. Wall can shoot. Gordon and Tucker need to move on and should be included in trade. I dont see why they are not included in deals to get different team around Harden, Rockets could get back Ish, Troy Brown jr, Rui. maybe 2nds, open the cap up. Tucker not going to get extended, and Gordon has been here long enough/ He is not happy with his role, where maybe a change like the wizards would be best for him.

#444 Le$$, Nov 21, 2020
    Last edited: Nov 21, 2020
  5. YOLO

YOLO Member

that's the assumption. westbrick has declined for 3-4 years straight now. It's not getting better. That's the worse for someone like him. And the fact that teams know that he doesn't want to be in houston and eventually they're going to have to get rid of him allows everyone on the outside to not kneejerk. They can sit back and just let houston rot with him if they choose to do so. He's the one who wants to leave. Teams aren't rushing to get him. The return packages as a result will just get worse

6. clos4life

clos4life Member

Huh? Last year, before COVID and the injury, some were calling it his best year ever. Did you even watch the regular season? Westbrook can increase his value greatly before the trade deadline. Did we not learn our lesson with CP3? Letting him go at his lowest value would be absolutely stupid, just like we did with CP3.

7. D-rock

D-rock Member

Russ not taking any of Charlie's ****, love him or hate him, dude is a fighter.

Vivi, clos4life and Rudyc281 like this.
  8. YOLO

YOLO Member

people keep going back to this and it isn't even that relevant. The rockets literally changed the lineup for him to put up empty numbers.

9. clos4life

clos4life Member

And they can do it again if necessary in order to increase his value. Not only that, they may not have to if the coaching is right. Ultimately, no matter what, selling at the lowest value is just not smart.

D-rock likes this.
  10. YOLO

YOLO Member

this is who westbrick was last season

His wins shares continued its declined to 4.2. The lowest its been since 2013. and 2nd lowest only to his rookie season. The same goes for his defensive win shares at 2.5. Same story with his offensive win shares at 1.7. All these numbers are abysmal

a VORP of 1.8. yikes. you can look at all winning stats contributed by a player and its by far the worst season westbrick has had and just another year of his deciline.

the counting stats of FG% and ppg is meaningless . same goes for those assist and rebounds especially when his usage % is just as high as it was in OKC

you think this is his lowest value. it isn't. westbrick doesn't get better going forward. he easily gets that much worse. it's pretty sad how many people don't understand what type of players don't age well. prime example here

11. clos4life

clos4life Member

All while playing next to Harden, which means stats drop across the board. It was his overall play that made people say it was his best year ever. Pick and choose your stats, if you had traded Russ before the playoffs you would have gotten a much bigger haul than you will right now. Allow the man to build his value backup. Heck, you might even be surprised and find he fits in the new scheme with new players around him.

joshuaao and D-rock like this.
  12. YOLO

YOLO Member

this is incorrect.

13. mikol13

mikol13 Protector of the Realm
    Supporting Member

It’s like scene in the movie Colors. Something like this...

Two bulls up on a hill looking down on a field full of cows. Young bull says “pop, lets run down and f*** one of those cows”. Dad says “no son, let’s walk down and f*** them all”.

Patience is the key and will net us the best deal to make this team and cap situation better.

14. clos4life

clos4life Member

This is incorrect as well. Two can play that game. Expound on your point.

15. YOLO

YOLO Member

patience is key with harden. patience isn't key with westbrick

Rudyc281 likes this.
  16. YOLO

YOLO Member

i already have. i posted his abysmal numbers in a number of winning categories. You replied with your personal assumption

17. clos4life

clos4life Member

And you replied with your personal assumption. I guess we'll have to disagree, since your points are completely invalid and you refuse to see simple reason. We'll just see how it plays out.

And by the way, not opposed to trading for Westbrook, just believe they can do better than peanuts if they are patient and smart.

18. YOLO

YOLO Member

actually my personal assumption is supported by numbers/eye test. your personal assumption is well just that.

that's fine. I believe his value just gets worse as time goes by. You don't. Time will tell. we'll obviously be able to compare what the rockets could have gotten to when it actually happens

19. clos4life

clos4life Member

And there goes another personal assumption of yours, there will be no actual way to compare since it will be more hypotheticals from you and me. Man, your personal assumptions assume a lot. Wanna keep making personal assumptions? I can do it all day, just like you.

20. YOLO

YOLO Member

why wouldn't there be. You get to compare wall package vs a poo poo platter that was traded for westbrick. You're saying you can't compare that? well that's odd isn't it. I couldn't careless what you think you can do. It's not doing anything to me lol