1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets talked to Boogie Cousins camp

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by topfive, Nov 20, 2020.

1. Red Hova

Red Hova Member

If we get Boogie Cousins, my question is what does that mean for PJ Tubker is he trade bait? Does he go to the bench.

Also if we go back to the bubble for the playoffs, I'd be careful of the House parties with Damarcus Cousins around.

2. Mr. Dominant

Mr. Dominant Contributing Member

Splitting minutes between Wood and Cousins seem like a dream... I’m all in for the low risk at vet min, since it’s a high reward if he does well.

3. Ericonomist

Ericonomist Member

Boogie, Ibaka, Milsap. Please bring at least one.

Rudyc281 and Tristan_fiore like this.
  4. elmotsang

elmotsang Member

After we get cousions, the next is to get rondo

red5rocket likes this.
  5. Tristan_fiore

Tristan_fiore Member

Nah...they are trying to get Harden’s friends in here.
    Harden is close with Cousins and Wall.
    It would be Wall over Rondo.

YaoMing#1 and Rudyc281 like this.
  6. paboy1984

paboy1984 Member

the Clippers Nuggets and Dallas are very weakened the Rockets should feel much better about their position in the western conference so should Harden and Westbrook

Rudyc281 likes this.
  7. Fantasma Negro

Bench, during the regular season anyway. PJ has nothing to prove in the regular season, he should be playing 18-22 minutes a night so he's fresh to be lockdown in the playoffs. PJ can play another three/ four years with good time management just look at how golden state and Miami have managed Iguadala. No more time at center either

8. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I wonder how that conversation went.

"Hey Boogie, are you still completely washed?"

"Well, not completely"

"Aren't you though?"

"Yeah"

9. Icehouse

Icehouse Contributing Member

How are the Nuggets and Mavs weakened?

D-rock and daywalker02 like this.
  10. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

I wouldn't do that all. Go for Boogie only if he agrees to come for the minimum.

11. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Seconded, on the contrary, the Corona situation favors younger teams, deeper benches.

Shortened season, shortened training camps and so on. More games in less time schedules.

Nuggets and Mavs might do well again.

12. MC31B

MC31B Member

Why? who else are we going to get? Throw whatever MLE we have at Cousins and min to Dedmond and Maker... 26 mins a night of Cousins would be amazing.

For all we know Harden could just be waiting to sign the extension until Tillman spends some money.

13. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

TF is above the LT again. There is only 9 M left , if no further trades are made and so many spots to fill with just minimums.

MC31B and D-rock like this.
  14. Rocket Guy

Rocket Guy Member

He looked good after the Achilles tear when he was with the Warriors. (For what we would sign him for not the All Star he was). A comeback from an ACL is not overly concerning for a guy that isnt a cut on a dime guy. I would absolutely sign him to play the 5 and slide Wood/Tucker to 4/3. We would go from the absolute worst rebounding team to one of the better ones while maintaining the ability to spread the floor and shoot threes.

sammy and krmclaughlin like this.
  15. clos4life

clos4life Member

Cousins would need to be a backup C at this point on his career I'm guessing, but I could be wrong.

16. RocketOrg

RocketOrg Member

Ericonomist, totally agree. Any of those three would be good pickups. All can rebound, play inside, or step outside for the three

17. lionaire

lionaire Member

His playmaking and rebounding would be a welcome addition but I feel like we should focus on a defensive-minded big following the Wood signing.

saleem likes this.
  18. caneks

caneks Rookie

when I thought this team could not go lower, here it is.

19. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

The Knicks are going to screw a lot of things up for the rest of the league. They haven’t signed anyone. They need to use cap space. So all the players we’re hoping to get on the cheap will end up in New York for a higher 1yr contract.

I for one was hoping we get Teague for the minimum as we need a veteran PG, especially with Rivers likely leaving. Wouldn’t be shocking if he goes to New York.

BHannes2BHonest likes this.
  20. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

On the plus side considering people on here have been salivating at the idea of Batum playing for us the past decade, he is now available for the minimum.