1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Christian Wood

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Imanimal, Nov 18, 2020.

1. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

Bye bye PJ?

2. sheb

sheb Member

Any highlight vids of this guy ... looking for one like stromile swift back in the day where he dunks on everyone

3. J.R.

J.R. Member

4. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

I typed in Christian Wood this what came up.

This dude getting easy buckets with mediocre pnr passers. Imagine this dude with James Harden feeding him.. sheesh.

joshuaao, thedreamsteam and Tfor3 like this.
  5. Spooner

Spooner Member

I'm not one to exaggerate and I didn't want to say anything to get my hopes up but I truly believe Christian Wood has All Star potential if not better.

Detroit used him horribly. I would feel completely disrespected if I was Wood. He would play in like 5 minute spurts and absolutely destroy. Every. Time.
    No wonder he didn't want to go back there.

They buy out Markieff and start Sekou instead of Wood (wtf). Then trade Drummond and start Thon until the very end of the year when it was obvious Thon SUCKS. All the while Christian Wood would absolutely destroy still on limited minutes without even the ability to get in rhythm because Casey is an idiot. Look at his stats when he got starter minutes the last month of the season. Dude put up like 25/10.

Christian Wood won me two fantasy leagues. When he started for New Orleans at the end of the year two season ago he put up first round value in terms of production. I thought for sure NO would resign him. That last month he started for Detroit he was the best player on the team and it wasn't even close.

He is one of my favorite players in the NBA. Love his game. A skilled big who can shoot, blocks shots and rebounds. Most of all he plays with PASSION and intensity. This guy is only 25, he's only getting better and finally goes to a team that BELIEVES in him. Sky is the limit. I know its a small sample size especially for a guy who was undrafted but I think we are going to look back at this and wonder why not 1 team offered him a max contract.

People in Detroit are actually livid that they have Jerami Grant instead of this guy. That should tell you something. I hear its a sign and trade I just hope Dedmon is included coming back somehow. Detroit has way, way too may centers, he's one of the only centers eligible for trade and getting another underrated 3 point shooting big would just be gravy.

6. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

7. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

8. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

Wouldn't hate it.

What would that give us at current?

Wall
    Harden
    House
    Wood
    Bryant

If only we could trade for a center named Nail...

joshuaao, pr0wler and coachbadlee like this.
  9. Nook

Nook Member

I hope Tilman learned his lesson. Don’t fight and argue over pennies... sometimes it ends up costing you 14 million more....

Deuce, joshuaao, Joshfast and 3 others like this.
  10. Icehouse

Icehouse Contributing Member

Details?

saleem likes this.
  11. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

The Rockets wouldn't have been hard capped if he agreed to the NTMLE. I fear Harden will blow his gasket and demand to be traded if Tucker and House are being sent to Detroit.
    @ApacheWarrior @D-rock

ApacheWarrior likes this.
  12. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

I think it’s time that we merged Woods. Wink wink.

13. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

For all the dudes that were in here believing from the beginning, we did it Bros...

F you non-believers! :D

Get STONED!

ApacheWarrior and Spooner like this.
  14. Nook

Nook Member

They had a chance to wrap it up when FA opened and they didn’t want to make relatively minor concessions to close the deal. It cost them when the market shifted, and by trying to save a few dollars it cost Tilman many millions more.

This is a pattern with him.. same thing with the CP3 contract, he went cheap and wanted to move him, and it cost him 45 million dollars. Similar with the coaching search.

At the end of the day the Rockets pulled the trigger.

Deuce, joshuaao, BMoney and 5 others like this.
  15. HoustonCRT

HoustonCRT Member

Nice. Anything that hurts Tilman makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside.

joshuaao, Easy, Joshfast and 3 others like this.
  16. Icehouse

Icehouse Contributing Member

Would it still have been a S&T? Did it cost us the use of the bigger MLE?

17. Reeko

Reeko Member

very excited to see Silas utilize Wood...this guy was at the top of my list for months, I’m so happy we got him

coachbadlee likes this.
  18. DM'sVP

DM'sVP Member

Pick him up!

19. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Lol, no lie. It took me a second.

20. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

I don’t know who is going? I’m hoping it’s Eric Gordon. I will look at the projected Piston roster.

Edited: yes, Eric Gordon fits in well and could easily start for them pending further FA signings.
    They have McGruder (and FA Langston possible return).

#540 ApacheWarrior, Nov 20, 2020
    Last edited: Nov 20, 2020