1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Haynes: Westbrook for Aaron Gordon Discussed

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by finsraider, Nov 20, 2020.

1. Juxtaposed Jolt

These threads, lmao.

"Something may have happened...but it didn't. That's it. That's the tweet."

fckbandwagons and ipaman like this.
  2. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

this is the move that both teams should do.

AG has gotten Orlando nowhere, and nobody cares about them.

Take Russ, he'll be a draw, he'll get them into the playoffs (maybe).

AG otoh would be a solid fit for the Rockets.... with or without Harden.

D-rock likes this.
  3. DeBeards

DeBeards Member

cuz nothing might truly happen in next weeks, esp thx to ferntits' penny-pinchy…we are seeking for some decent hand j*b.

4. TheFreak

TheFreak Contributing Member

Found one, didn’t take long at all:

[​IMG]

Rashmon, Richie_Rich, D-rock and 3 others like this.
  5. DasouthDakota

DasouthDakota Rookie

No he doesn't. I'm tired of jacking up three's, and disregarding midrange it's stupid.

6. finsraider

finsraider Member

he can’t hit them. The laws of math didn’t change when Morey left.

7. icewill36

icewill36 Member

did you just ignore the part where talks never progressed?

jiggyfly and daywalker02 like this.
  8. ksny15

ksny15 Member

I hate **** like this. It’s so stupid to even report. It’s so easy to be a sports reporter today.

I almost won the lottery but I forgot to buy a ticket.

saleem likes this.
  9. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I loled.

saleem likes this.
  10. Vivi

Vivi Member

I know Gordon is younger, still, if we're about to rebuild, he's going to expire in a year, at that point we would be forced to either overpay (and hope he stays) or to trade him for whatever we can get.

If for whatever reason we're still trying to compete, how do we cover the other spots? I really doubt PJ can get you back a good enough starter in another spot.

I also think getting Bryant and Wall would be much better for both scenarios, you can keep the team competitive just with that move, and have an even younger player than Gordon in Bryant, who also fits even better with Harden since he can pick & roll but also pick & pop.

jiggyfly likes this.
  11. Nook

Nook Member

If there is no Harden, then the Rockets don’t need Gordon. They would be better dumping him for draft picks and tanking.

The Rockets aren’t **** without Harden.

If the Rockets were smart they would do what the Thunder have done, move Westbrook for little incoming salary and then trade with teams that want to dump salaries for prospects/picks.

12. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

I want Isaac.

D-rock likes this.
  13. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

He is out indefinitely.

D-rock likes this.
  14. Vivi

Vivi Member

Yeah, Isaac started to look very good last season (which is also what probably contributed in making Gordon available), but he's (always) injured and a piece i don't think Orlando wants to move.

D-rock likes this.
  15. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

I suspect their goal will be to accumulate lots of picks while STILL staying relatively competitive. 7/8 seed ish.

I know that's not exciting for many of us... but some of their picks go to OKC anyway? I think 21 is a swap. Then its not till 2024 that they go outright (with relatively meh protection, 1-4).

Maybe this then... be meh this next year while accumulating picks and talent, then be horrible for the next two years, lol. Those are the Emoni Bates strong draft years anyway...

16. blahblehblah

blahblehblah Member

Wouldn't it be kind of hilarious if the rockets traded harden back to okc for sga, cap relief and all their accumulated picks.

17. D-rock

D-rock Member

Nope, I was simply stating an AG-Westbrook straight swap couldn't happen anyway.

Do you have a problem?

18. D-rock

D-rock Member

Bryant is an awful defender. AWFUL.

No effort at all unless he is planted under the rim.

And no thanks to Wall, his contract is not only as bad or worse than Russ, he is an oft injured player who could have a career ending injury at any time.

Wall may not even be 100% by time season starts. For sure he will be on minutes restriction and not play on back to backs.

Russ is better than Wall.

mikol13 likes this.
  19. Vivi

Vivi Member

I'm not a fan of Wall either, tbh i don't know who i like less between him and Russ, probably i like Wall more as a player but in terms of personality i think Russ is much better on the lockeroom etc, but i'm already thinking about a rebuilding process here so, whether it starts now or in 12 months, i think it could be better for us to deal with Washington if they're giving up picks or young players in a similar trade, i don't think we would get any asset if we trade for Gordon.

Also not sure about Bryant, i admit i don't have advanced stats on him, but everytime i watch the Wizards he looked pretty good to me (especially considering how bad the Wizards defense was overall). I'd say he's pretty similar to Turner in fact, just not as overhyped.

D-rock likes this.
  20. Pistol Pete

Pistol Pete Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

The Houston Rockets have discussions with free agent Jack Schitt. ClutchFans are convinced that the Rockets won’t get Jack Schitt