1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Election Day 2020

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Master Baiter, Nov 3, 2020.

1. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Yeah the plan is definitely to not give it air space so people don’t believe it’s even a possibility (it’s not this time when Dem Governed states), but the issue is now people understand that it could be done under the right circumstances.

Even if Congress does pass sweeping reforms, it’s hard to undo three things:

-The constitution which has electoral loop holes
    -Partisan hacks at the judicial level who will be there for a generation
    -Corrupt Governoring bodies in states like Texas and Florida. It’s Texas and Florida right now that concern me but it could be Michigan and Pennsylvania in the next few years if the wrong people get elected

It also could be a Democrat too that does this which is insane that people like @baffled are supporting this attempted Coup. Do these people not realize that the Democrats could do the same thing in the near future and maybe a little more smooth??

IBTL likes this.
  2. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

Eh, the supposed 77% of his 70 million voters who, according to a recent poll, believe there was widespread voter fraud? I'm not sure I know what they believe, but they believe Donnie's twitter feed more than most people do. A few of them might find it interesting that the republican-led recount in Georgia confirmed Biden, again.

But yeah, the people acting on #45's behalf, and those in the Senate, know exactly what they are doing.

It will be interesting to see if it's finally someone like Tucker Carlson (who recently demanded actual proof for ... what... the first time in his life?) or one of the key GOP Senators who first starts turning away from the conspiracy talk. Or if none of the above, our crisis will continue of course.

3. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

... followed by trump's infrastructure plan.

jchu14, Surfguy and R0ckets03 like this.
  4. NewRoxFan

The phone calls to the election officials were already illegal.

18 U.S. Code § 595.Interference by administrative employees of Federal, State, or Territorial Governments
    U.S. Code
    Notes
    prev | next
    Whoever, being a person employed in any administrative position by the United States, or by any department or agency thereof, or by the District of Columbia or any agency or instrumentality thereof, or by any State, Territory, or Possession of the United States, or any political subdivision, municipality, or agency thereof, or agency of such political subdivision or municipality (including any corporation owned or controlled by any State, Territory, or Possession of the United States or by any such political subdivision, municipality, or agency), in connection with any activity which is financed in whole or in part by loans or grants made by the United States, or any department or agency thereof, uses his official authority for the purpose of interfering with, or affecting, the nomination or the election of any candidate for the office of President, Vice President, Presidential elector, Member of the Senate, Member of the House of Representatives, Delegate from the District of Columbia, or Resident Commissioner, shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than one year, or both.

This section shall not prohibit or make unlawful any act by any officer or employee of any educational or research institution, establishment, agency, or system which is supported in whole or in part by any state or political subdivision thereof, or by the District of Columbia or by any Territory or Possession of the United States; or by any recognized religious, philanthropic or cultural organization.

(June 25, 1948, ch. 645, 62 Stat. 720; Pub. L. 91–405, title II, § 204(d)(6), Sept. 22, 1970, 84 Stat. 853; Pub. L. 103–322, title XXXIII, § 330016(1)(H), (L), Sept. 13, 1994, 108 Stat. 2147.)

5. NewRoxFan

How soon do trump and the republicans try to invalidate the electoral college?

dobro1229 likes this.
  6. MystikArkitect

Suddenly the kidnapping makes sense. Weren't they plotting to kidnap Virginia governor as well? Isn't that another state Trump is trying to overturn?

7. NewRoxFan

I think at the time the thinking was they were protesting states including MI that had closures.

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  8. dobro1229

Never put 2 & 2 together but damn that makes alot of sense now. Michael Cohen called this out almost two years ago too in testimony to Congress that he fears Trump will send mob boss like messages out to these groups and that could lead to violence in order for him to try and hold onto power somehow.

B@ffled likes this.
  9. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

The actor Edward Norton has a great take on the reasons Trump has not conceded. In essence, he is trying to work out a deal for some sort of immunity against criminal charges (think Southern District of NY). Norton, whose father was a FBI agent, says not to buy into Trump's bluff because he ain't got nothing. Trump will stall, disrupt until he gets what he wants. Let's not give to him.

For those interested, it's all on Twitter. Fascinating.

10. NewRoxFan

If these meetings are deemed illegal I hope the people in attendance face prosecution...

11. NewRoxFan

More republican congressmen need to speak out...

Hakeemtheking and FranchiseBlade like this.
  12. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

I think the simplest explanation is probably the right one. Trump is pathologically incapable of admitting defeat.

jiggyfly, mikol13 and FranchiseBlade like this.
  13. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

That's nice, but I don't think even that condemnation is strong enough. What evidence of fraud has he seen? We shouldn't allow Republicans to promote the idea that massive fraud took place but it just wasn't enough to change the election result, because that's also incredibly damaging to public trust in our election process. Strategically, this is what Republicans want. The more mistrust there is, the more restrictions they can put in place to "secure" the elections and shift the voting demographics in their favor.

Hakeemtheking likes this.
  14. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

VA? No. Biden won there by ~450k votes.

Plus, I think you're giving an awful lot of credence to the intelligence of these militia morons.

jiggyfly and tmoney1101 like this.
  15. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

There is a lot of truth to what you are saying because it follows what Trump's father said to him - that you are either a killer or a loser.

Still, Trump knows once he is out of office, he will no longer be immune from criminal charges. The Southern District of NY has been investigating the whole Trump enterprise and imo, they are going to throw the book at him.

16. dobro1229

Yeah I've brought up for months that I thought Trump, as a transactional person in every way, would threaten to not leave the White House in order to gain some sort of leverage that Trump could use to secure immunity.

I also think that Biden's comments the other day were no accident that he wishes to not prosecute him and then he lays out that he doesn't want the coverage of his presidency to be dominated by Trump.

I would not be shocked if there were people inside the White House communicating on behalf of Trump to the Biden camp in coded ways to ask for guarantees. I'm sure they'd never come out and say it, but they sure as hell would imply it.

And as I've said before, I do not think the Biden camp should make any guarantees, and should call his bluff. I think it's wise to tease that they might make a deal right now during this process of certifying the election, but that should just be gamesmanship. Do not let this guy negotiate immunity even if it means that the Secret Service will literally have to drag him out of the White House in handcuffs. The guy is a tyrant literally trying to overthrow Democracy.... F that Traitor... he should rot in Prison, or go live in Siberia for the rest of his pathetic life.

joshuaao, IBTL and Hakeemtheking like this.
  17. NewRoxFan

Remember back when the press sexytary told press in her very first press conference that she would never lie to them? Good times...

18. NewRoxFan

Hakeemtheking likes this.
  19. tmoney1101

tmoney1101 Contributing Member

20. tmoney1101

tmoney1101 Contributing Member

Entitled cunt. Just like everyone else in trumps orbit. I hope these people never find work in Government again after this **** storm is finally over.

jiggyfly and Hakeemtheking like this.