1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Hawks' version of cyberx says this about Rockets trade rumor

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Outlier, Sep 29, 2020.

1. Mkieke

Mkieke Member

You guys are pulling and posting make-believe insiders here. If any of this were true, somebody with 400 followers wouldn't be the one to break the news.

2. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

This is bad if taken at face value. I also believe if it were true we would have heard at least some rumblings of this before.
    To me it sounds like the age old tactic of driving down value to get a product cheaper.

roslolian, HP3, D-rock and 2 others like this.
  3. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

Tell that "ex Rocket" to hit some GD open shots. "I never get the ball" is BS .. Harden should average like 10 assists per game if it where not for these scrub ass teammates he's had.

However he acts among his circle and those who are privy to his personal life is incidental. He says and does all the right things in the public eye and has never disparaged his coach or owner … publicly.

This is an alltime GOAT we are talking about and if teams want to try and poor man hustle they can just watch next year while he drops 50 on them ... again.

Maybe Stone will be able to find the shooters that Morey never could?

Scarface, clos4life, joshuaao and 5 others like this.
  4. ksny15

ksny15 Member

None of these guys are reputable. Unless Shams says it or our guys who are plugged in here I don’t buy it.

D-rock, cmoak1982 and Reeko like this.
  5. Reeko

Reeko Member

Even if this smear campaign was true, what would u value more? Morey, MDA, and guys like PJ Tucker loving Harden, or somebody like an Austin Rivers not liking to play with him?

DVauthrin, D-rock and cmoak1982 like this.
  6. Reeko

Reeko Member

Has this Supes guy got anything right? All I see him doing is throwing a ton of sh*t out there.

D-rock and ksny15 like this.
  7. HoustonCRT

HoustonCRT Member

I think he had CP3 to the Suns pretty early but thought he'd go to the Clippers instead

Boston84 likes this.
  8. jakedasnake

jakedasnake Member

I don't think crybaby Rivers would have resigned here for the Vet min last season if it was so bad. He has said he loves playing with Harden, at least in the past. Obviously that changed this season but that is more on MDA than anyone else IMO.

D-rock, ksny15 and cmoak1982 like this.
  9. Boston84

Boston84 Member

capela trade, cp3 to phx an option (he said wouldn’t happen but had them as an interest first) and Hayward hawks interest. He knows somethings but isn’t a great inside like your cyberx or some guys we have

10. Shark44

Shark44 71er
    Supporting Member

It's simple, you get what you want for Harden and Westbrook or you don't trade them. F*** these BS rumors!

Possum, DVauthrin, clos4life and 3 others like this.
  11. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

I see it the other way around. Morey stepped down (because of Tilman) and then Harden saw his close confident leave and then HARDEN had doubts. He has a TIGHT inner circle of people he trusts, and Morey is in that. Harden had doubts about the direction of the franchise with Tilman/Stone.

If Morey is still here, I think we run it back with Harden/Westbrook. Just my opinion.

Nook, Ming The King, D-rock and 2 others like this.
  12. jch1911

jch1911 Member

I guess the Supes guy did call Gallo to ATL.... now give us John Collins in exchange for House

D-rock likes this.
  13. D-rock

D-rock Member

Got lucky, that was a lot of shiet he threw against the wall.

14. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

he called the Clint trade too

D-rock likes this.
  15. DaBeard

DaBeard Member

https://www.hawksquawk.net/topic/43...sk-supes/page/3/?tab=comments#comment-1048796

Update:

He did get back to HOU side on this finally:

HOU still wants 1.50/a dollar. That doesn't mean they will get it but it's what they want.

They want a foundational YOUNG and CONTROLLABLE piece, they want a lot of future unprotected 1sts, and they want a lot of quality young players.

HOU side confirmed the offers haven't been what they want but they are confident that teams who are trying to win and aren't on the list will make a strong offer to force the teams on the list to do it as well. As of right now, the ball just started rolling so we will see what the true market is as they said that hasn't be purely established yet.

HOU is saying they are getting calls from everyone for Harden and that he's highly wanted.

His guy within is saying that they think they can get a very good deal. He said, the Jrue Holiday deal is extremely hard to get as Harden just has a lot more winning value so anyone who gets Harden will be so much better that there is no risk for that team. Giannis could walk so that NO deal looks amazing for them but "if we trade Harden, Giannis will easily stay and that's a bad deal for us". So future 1sts are valuable but key young players are more valuable if they have trade interest and can get better.

He said HOU is willing to send Harden anywhere if it comes down to it but would love for him to stay and be a part of the 2020-21 Rockets ideally speaking and that's the goal. Not for a trade. He didn't have negative to say about James or his agent (mother). They understand what he's done for the franchise and respect them dearly. They want this to get back on board.

The only specifics I got was that HOU is willing to negotiate with LAC but they will have to be a 3rd team that will deliver what HOU wants for Harden. That would be extremely difficult as that 3rd team will only offer for that player coming to them, not Harden. LAC doesn't have it's own picks till 2027. All of LA's assets are here now, not in 2021. They would have to strike sooner than later.

They would prefer not to move him but if they have to, they are open to trading him anywhere. The issue is, James is specific. He wants to win a title. If your trade hurts that and you aren't one of the teams, man, you might not want to do it. DeRozan while productive has never been a major winning player but if you trade one for Harden and you can't make a big offer. You will lose Harden and suffer the same faith.

Remember, even for a rental, their goals are the same: They want a foundational YOUNG and CONTROLLABLE piece, they want a lot of future unprotected 1sts, and they want a lot of quality young players.

Harden could get traded by the end of the weekend or he might finish the year as a Rocket, I wouldn't be shocked either way.

As for the Hawks, he didn't hear we had interest. Also, Eric Gordon is on the market and has been since the draft. No suitors.

roslolian, Shark44, Plowman and 3 others like this.
  16. riko

riko Member

I said in another thread, the Clippers came calling last offseason to because West has been a fan of Harden and Morey said no thanks.

West now smells blood and given he is the ultimate GM he can probably conjure a miracle and get a third team with assets involved.

17. Reeko

Reeko Member

I just do not see how the Clippers could possibly conjure up the assets for James Harden

either Paul George would have to agree to an extension with HOU on the spot because he is not a “controllable asset,” or somehow, a Paul George rental would have to deliver assets adequate enough for Harden from a 3rd team

even if Paul George agrees to an extension, he is turning 31 in a few months and is simply not a franchise cornerstone...he is a “lets tread water for a few years as a bottom tier playoff team post-Harden”

roslolian, BigShasta, saleem and 2 others like this.
  18. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

Clippers might be a worse trade partner than the Nets in terms of what they can offer us, and that's saying something. **** you, Jerry West.

19. Le$$

Le$$ Member

Clippers trade Paul George to Magic, Magic have young assets rockets would want in Gordan, Issac, and Bamba w/ Picks. George could try to lead them to playoffs in the east.

20. Plowman

Plowman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Music to my ears.

Perfect!