1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Random Questions.

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by jiggyfly, Nov 11, 2020.

1. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

From what I have read is all movies are set in the same universe and they all tie into each other, like when there are certain runs by different authors of the comics.

Also it seems that the script is pretty much done and then a director is chosen but has some leeway on the interpretation.

STR8Thugg likes this.
  2. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

Yeah, but the leeway is pretty tight. Edgar Wright left Ant Man because of creative differences, and part of the script was something that he was working on before the MCU was even a thing.

I have no issues with the way the MCU is going. Even their 'bad' movies like Thor 2 and Cap 1 have been better than their DC counterparts.

STR8Thugg and jiggyfly like this.
  3. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Yeah that's what I meant by some leeway.

I like Superman WW and Aquaman better than those 2 movies I think the 1st Thor movie was the weakest.

4. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

i wont start a whole thread...
    is success luck or hard work?

i maintain if you can read this website you are already very lucky

Xerobull likes this.
  5. STR8Thugg

STR8Thugg STR8Thugg Member

Ironman 3 is clearly the best one tho

6. Xerobull

Interesting video. He kind of lost me when he got to the poor African country and said it didn't matter how hard people worked there to overcome the average income. I know people from all six populated continents that have risen above their birth status.

I believe in my initiative, brain and ability to take advantage of random opportunity. Is 'luck' random chance? Yes. It's not some magical thing, though. I think if you take a similar demographic and geographic subset of lives and average their life experiences out, they all probably get about the same amount of 'luck'.

IM3 is pretty good and it's certainly up there. It's all subjective though :)

For solo movies I liked Captain America 2: Winter Soldier the most.

For ensemble casts, Endgame is the best and probably my favorite movie ever now.

#106 Xerobull, Nov 20, 2020
    Last edited: Nov 20, 2020
  7. STR8Thugg

I was trolling. IM3 was awful for MCU standards, just awful. I still watched it, more than once, bc it's m-fing marvel, but it may be the worst one.

For solo movies: Ragnarok was the funniest, IM1 still goes hard

Avengers movies: Infinity War>Endgame>Avengers>Age of Ultron

I guess Civil War is a solo movie (technically), but it's not. Probably top 5 for me.

But yeah it's all subjective.

jiggyfly and Xerobull like this.
  8. Xerobull

I liked the massive IM suit fight at the end of IM3, and the Extermis stuff was pretty cool. The fake Mandarin was annoying, though. Civil war is pretty much an Avengers movie.

9. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

it doesnt hurt you werent born in burundi.

i do believe in the "better to be lucky than good" (as my friend said - "i dont want to be good" )

when i review my successes if im honest timing luck and fortunate positioning played a huge part. sure I had to close the deal and perhaps to your point that is where brain ability plays in.

but..i see people fail upward or be hand picked for promotion as well. they can lack any brain ability and their random opportunity becomes unrandom and forced.. it is the way it goes and meritocracy is a cute concept albeit not real world.

to the videos point i appreciate the luck ive been afforded. i dont want to overlook it. im glad i pushed the narrative and built my luck. but lords knows lucky as mfer.

i think its a bit boastful to claim hoss status and push a theme of pure greatness. it exists in small parts..people you would never know....some and probably many of those that are greatest and hardest worker...with most brain power - really are working the fields of burundi..

humility.. and to remember there is elements of luck ...i see no shame in that or to respect that. its not your fault you are this hoss I get that part too lol

jiggyfly and Xerobull like this.
  10. Xerobull

Salient, thank you. And I don't mind being checked. I like to self-reflect and try to be a better person.

Never said I was a hoss, but I learned the hard way to seize opportunity when it arose. I grew up a poor white trash kid bouncing around between relative's houses, and finally having to find a place to live on my own to finish high school. I guess you could skew that as 'you were white in America!' which is true, and I'm grateful for the opportunities, or luck, I have.

I agree about humility and gratefulness, and I have it. I tend to shake that off in close company and try to get down to the basics to be bluntly honest with people, that includes CF for some reason.

I guess I always prescribe to the 'you can do anything you want with the right amount of effort' paradigm. Again, I am who I am and I look the way I look and that probably helps me, but I know people who have similar traits as me who are mired in their own misery.

It comes down to what you do with opportunity in the end. Keep grabbing it, be a predator.

B@ffled, jiggyfly and IBTL like this.
  11. STR8Thugg

You'll Never. See. Me. Coming.

Xerobull likes this.
  12. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

i didnt mean " you" you..

you are hoss with all those video games. im a big fan.

Xerobull likes this.
  13. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

i guess how much thanks and luck must i attribute to luck and the gods?
    when you think of it that way it seems fruitless to lose your life in repentance and offerings.

so i guess it does no good to sulk in the luck...maybe thats how many can cheat so boastfully..

14. Buck Turgidson

IBTL likes this.
  15. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Wut?

I think that might be the worst in the MCU, they ****ed the Mandarin all up.

STR8Thugg likes this.
  16. STR8Thugg

[​IMG]

jiggyfly likes this.
  17. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

haha nice..
    going down on madonna was definitely my high water mark

im going to play that song for my wife and fire up p*rn hub

good point btw ..and another question for this thread...is it bragging if its true?

TWS1986 likes this.
  18. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Good ****.

The key is the ability to capitalize on that luck, I too have seen people failing upward and its frustrating as hell.

The biggest Luck is being born in the right environment, the right gender and sad to say the preferred race not all of those are mutually exclusive.

With that said I still think you can overcome all of that but you have to know how to play the game and recognize opportunities when they become available.

TWS1986 likes this.
  19. Xerobull

The real question is, over or under 5'?

20. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

I am looking for an electric shaver.

I am black and my facial hair is mostly grey , I have tried several and they never actually shave me.

I had one 3 rotor shaver that worked it was a very cheap shaver that they don't even make anymore, but it worked, I shave about once or twice a weak and even then it's pretty much stubble.

I have tried the 3 rotor and the 1 band straight across nothing happens, as usual I am looking for a bargain but is that the reason they have not worked, the ones I havetried are to cheap?

Don't need anything fancy just effective.