1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Fired Jack Easterby

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by coachbadlee, Nov 11, 2020.

1. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Contributing Member

Bob McNair has no one but himself to blame for raising this r****d in Cal McNair who lets anyone that comes in through the God door tickle his willy with impugnity. The Houston football team with that family in the ownership doesn't fit my own personal culture of intelligence, perseverance, and setting high standards.

Joshfast likes this.
  2. Redfish81

Redfish81 Member

It doesn't matter who is GM or fake GM or pretending to be GM. This team won't have any chance of competing for 3 years at a minimum. If I was Cal I would keep Romeo on the cheap for another year and let Easterby run the team but not be allowed to make any real moves. No picks and a bloated payroll means no winning next year. Why fork over big money for a new GM and coach this year when you are still paying O'Brien? Still have a waiting list for season tickets too....

The Texans get over 250 million a YEAR from just their share of the tv revenue. Cal doesn't even need you bums showing up in the stands to make millions.

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ is what matters. Cal should trim the payroll, pocket the money and buy something obscene to flaunt in front of the fans.

coachbadlee and Joshfast like this.
  3. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

Good for him. Sucks for "Fans" But thats Houston man.

4. Buck Turgidson

Ol' Whatshis**** is literally going to sit here and talk about things....

5. br0ken_shad0w

br0ken_shad0w Member

What's funny is that I still believe the Rockets with their current implosion would have a better future than the Texans. There is no topping the nearly two decade of ineptness under the Mcnairs.

6. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

John McClain said the new GM will determine if Easterby has a role or not. He says that is what McNair told him a few minutes before the interview.

Texanstradamus likes this.
  7. Buck Turgidson

Lol, so you're saying Cal said one thing to Pancakes and then a few minutes later said basically the opposite to Schefter?

That's some quality leadership right there, always nice to have a unified voice and a clear message.

8. Texanstradamus

I think it’s both honestly like why would the Texans come out right now and say no we don’t have this guy in our future plans while he is currently the interm GM it makes

9. Texanstradamus

Sense

10. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

11. STR8Thugg

STR8Thugg STR8Thugg Member

Jaime Rootes went out of his way to specifically say that Easterby will not be the GM.

I want him gone period, but I'll take the good news.

12. Buck Turgidson

But Jamie Rootes went out of his way to promote his ****ing book...?

His book of what: How to Win Divisions and Influence Coaches

conquistador#11 likes this.
  13. STR8Thugg

Didn't see that, just heard the Easterby quote which was strongly worded that he won't be GM.

Edit: Apparently it's a business book. Seems like he's more than qualified in that regard.

14. Buck Turgidson

I know. Let me talk **** while I can.

STR8Thugg likes this.
  15. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

No...I think Schefty mistook something Cal said and came out with Easterby is here. We don't know the exact question that was asked. Was is it "Is Easterby an important part of the current organization?" Schefty could have took the answer and assumed future, going forward.

16. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

17. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

18. Major

Major Member

He wasn't the GM prior to this either - he just pulls all the strings and enables bad decision after bad decision. But as soon as Scarface told us he was sure Easterby wouldn't be part of the organization going forward, we all knew he would be. This shouldn't be a surprise.

DonnyMost likes this.
  19. Juxtaposed Jolt

20. STR8Thugg

I understand he wasn't the GM, but he influenced a lot of GM decisions with O'Cockface.

I don't think he'll have as much influence on a new GM, or at least I hope not.