1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Front Office Sports] Nets and Rockets have a "verbal agreement” on Harden trade

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by _RTM_, Nov 17, 2020.

1. riko

riko Member

The Celtics fans on realgm are blasting Ainge for using this very tactic again. This seems to be a routine tactic of Ainge to start a haggling negotiations

Apparently he has done this before

Dacamel, Caprah, D-rock and 2 others like this.
  2. Boston84

Boston84 Member

ill just said this....Steve bulpett is ainges mouth piece for years. It’s not really a tactic. For years we called him wet blanket Steve, because he would kill any hope we had of a big deal. It was uncanny. He’s been the best most plugged in guy to know ainges thinking. Now he no longer works at the herald so idk if he’s still as plugged in but he knows what’s going on.

3. riko

riko Member

As I said this earlier Ainge is a shark right now circling his pray. He knows he can get a top 3 player for 60 cents on the dollar

D-rock likes this.
  4. Boston84

Boston84 Member

im gonna be honest I don’t think he’s as in on harden as I want or you guys want him to be, and if he is if you look at our salary balance he doesn’t really much room to wiggle with. We have all max contracts or high dollar contracts and small contracts- the only middle ground deal is smarts in the 12-14 (it’s sliding every year so I have to check again to be exact).

really he knows the deal you want is brown. I want harden, you guys want us in also to run up a price but like I mentioned earlier the Celtics DONT have to make a move, they can let brown and Tatum internally grow and see what happens or wait 6-12 months for beal to become available ( he will).

beal is not harden at all, hardens much better but he is younger, probably much more open to Boston as he grew up and mentored Tatum and their mothers our friends who went to the same high school and plays a style not as polarizing as harden (good off ball player).

there are media guys who leak for ainge. Bulpett isn’t one of them, he’s usually a straight shooter and I know because he’s broke our hearts multiple times

D-rock and riko like this.
  5. riko

riko Member

I just don’t want the Nets deal. It’s atrocious in every way possible. Not one all star caliber player with a bunch of picks that would be in the late twenties.

6. Icehouse

Icehouse Contributing Member

Fixed.

7. Boston84

Boston84 Member

yea it’s dog ****. Totally agree. I can’t say much but we have been involved in rumors for years and I’ve learned stay patient a lot of what you hear is smoke or old news. We lived this w ad, pg, kawhi, kyries free agency. Ultimately the best deal is Philly, Philly has Morey, Morey has a relationship with and loves harden......I know it’s hard not to get caught up in the back and forth news but just stay the course and I think confidently that you are getting Simmons.

D-rock likes this.
  8. D-rock

D-rock Member

Unless Boston moves Hayward to Magic so Rockets get Aaron Gordon, Mo Bamba in addition to Marcus Smart, Jaylen Brown then this trade does not move needle for me.

https://tradenba.com/trade-machine

Smart
    Brown
    MLE
    AG
    Bamba

#328 D-rock, Nov 19, 2020
    Last edited: Nov 19, 2020
    Boston84 likes this.
  9. blahblehblah

blahblehblah Member

Hayward is gone bro. Opted out. the knicks are the favorite to sign him.

Dacamel and D-rock like this.
  10. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

I hope they talk more with Morty.

You might not want to trade out of pure spite, but you still talk to generate interest and raise value.

Erbnwarfare, D-rock and treyk3 like this.
  11. treyk3

treyk3 Member

[​IMG]

12. DVauthrin

DVauthrin Contributing Member

I completely agree that the Rockets best trade partner for Harden is Philadelphia. However, at some point, Ainge has to get sick and tired of losing out on superstar-caliber players because he wants to play hardball in negotiations. I have to imagine fans like yourself are getting frustrated by it, too. It’s nice to have a really good, young nucleus with depth, but at the end of the day, you want a championship. The Celtics are a very good team, but they aren’t a great team, as currently constructed. Pairing Harden with Tatum makes them great and prevents a direct competitor from forming a great team of their own.

Dacamel, snowconeman22 and D-rock like this.
  13. D-rock

D-rock Member

Figures

blahblehblah likes this.
  14. jim1961

jim1961 Member

Ainge was a irritating player, he is probably a irritating negotiator.

Dacamel and D-rock like this.
  15. Caprah

Caprah Member

The Rox are gonna be forced to take the Nets rejects

16. D-rock

D-rock Member

F that.

Fulgore and Dacamel like this.
  17. Caprah

Caprah Member

Except it and move on brotha..

18. Dacamel

Dacamel Member

No, just don't trade him. Who gives a s**t what Harden wants? How many of yall hate your boss and still work your job? And he is in contract...so f**k what Harden wants.

19. Imanimal

Imanimal Member

Keep Westbrook too. Why should the fans of Houston have to be the only ones to suffer. Trading either of them just because they are pouting would really set a bad precedent for the honoring of sports contracts.

Dacamel, D-rock and ak99999 like this.
  20. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

Set?

The precedent already exists. NBA players have a LOT of power. Its only going to get extremely ugly if you hold on to them and refuse to trade them. We're talking about "injuries" and playing like **** on purpose.

Nobody wins in that scenario.