1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

WOJ: Klay Thompson tore ACL

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Carl Herrera, Jun 14, 2019.

1. Caesar

Caesar Member

Warriors would be smart to give us Wiseman/Wiggins and next years 1st round unprotected for Westbrook/Gordon. I want to see Curry carry the same team Harden has carried

francis 4 prez likes this.
  2. Clutch City1993

Clutch City1993 Bury Me In The H
    Supporting Member

Curry will never be Harden or LBJ in regards to carrying a scrub team to a top 6 seed. He needs to be exposed.

3. J.R.

J.R. Member

[​IMG]

...or were you thinking more along the lines of Gordon or McLemore ;)

CK Johnson likes this.
  4. HardenVolumeOne

lol I’ve been known that. The thing is other casuals can’t see that the warriors front office are very creative when it comes to preserving the image of their players. Curry had a small wrist fracture that wasn’t worse than Hayward’s last year. And curry damn near missed the entire season. Hayward returned in the normal time frame of 4-6 weeks

here is the game where curry got “injured” last year. Read this from the game recap

"Curry had nine points on 3-for-11 shooting before getting hurt.

Losing Curry for an extended period would be a huge blow for a young Warriors team.

"Of course it hurts knowing that Steph Curry's down," said rookie Eric Paschall, who made his first career start and scored a team-high 20 points. "... That's a very, very valuable piece of our team but I feel like we're going to stay positive."

Golden State is struggling to start the season with Kevin Durant's departure to Brooklyn and Klay Thompson out for perhaps the entire season recovering from July 2 surgery to repair a torn ACL in his left knee.

This was another rough one after an embarrassing season opener in the first game at Chase Center, a 141-122 loss to the Clippers last Thursday that saw some fans leaving after the third quarter.

The Warriors trailed 72-46 at halftime Wednesday after falling behind 70-37 at the break in Oklahoma City on Sunday."

5. J.R.

J.R. Member

Still not as bad as suffering from a broke(n) owner. :D

6. Clutch City1993

Clutch City1993 Bury Me In The H
    Supporting Member

Rockets owner is mentally broken

7. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

GSW's luck all dried up only to be taken by the LA Lakers is real pain.

I better see more GSW training staff slander. Everyone is hurt over there.

8. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Well, that's it, folks.

9. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

You realize he already has 3 and can actually hang up his shoes and go on vacation for the rest of his life.

I never took him for a legacy kind of dude.

Or run for presidency, whatever dudes do these days.

10. Der Rabbi

Der Rabbi Member

Just goes to show that teams’ championship windows are almost always narrower than they imagine.

11. Caesar

Caesar Member

Curry can hang up his shoes? Sure. Anyone can. Dwight once said he was a champion in life. These guys all got egos though. No way legacy doesn't matter to him. Maybe if he got those 3 rings without KD coming in and that first ring was a whack run through injured teams. He and Klay and Draymond were definitely motivated to do some work this season. Now is Curry going to mail it in because he can't stack the deck? Welcome to Harden's world.

12. GreatOne1978

GreatOne1978 Member

I hope teams and fans learn that deep playoff runs take a toll on these guys.

13. HewbieTrippin

HewbieTrippin Member

I feel bad for klay ... He was the ultimate "glue guy" for that team's championship runs. So after he got hurt, I also was watching how far steph and draymond could take a team with non all stars, much less average role players. They were getting BLOWN OUT every game it seemed and then steph got hurt after less than 10 games. So yeah, definitely agreed on the whole warriors "preserving the image of their star players" ... Because nothing was wrong with curry to start the season and he was barely averaging 20 and he couldn't carry against the worst teams in the league. You expect it from draymond (who got exposed all year), but not from someone who's undoubtedly heralded by many as the greatest pg of all time behind magic ... Again, sucks for klay, but at the same time, let's see how draymond will spin it this year, after being so confident assuming klay would come back.

HardenVolumeOne likes this.
  14. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Well, he could but I guess he is probably taking Wiseman under his wing and elevate him to Allstar status or something.

That's a young star in the making if it's done right.

Harden 's World

Sure, LBJ went through Harden's world but he figured it out and created a team.

#214 daywalker02, Nov 19, 2020
    Last edited: Nov 19, 2020
    Caesar likes this.
  15. Rockets12

Rockets12 Member

This is exactly why Tillman isn't trying to build a team that makes the finals. He cares way too much about the health of our players

16. GreatOne1978

GreatOne1978 Member

That was good. I chuckled.

17. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

And the health of his bank accounts.

BHannes2BHonest likes this.
  18. plates300

plates300 Member

Tore his achilles. Yikes.

19. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

20. rockets1995

rockets1995 Member

Karma got him, Klay Thompson constantly undercutting James Harden on his 3 Point shots.

Don't like him one bit, along with Draymond poking James Harden eyes constantly.