1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Christian Wood

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Imanimal, Nov 18, 2020.

1. YOLO

YOLO Member

of.....maybe 2026?

2. treyk3

treyk3 Member

I'm not claiming to have sources. I'm fairly decent at reading a situation though. I'm confident enough that there's more to this trade than meets the eyes. Stone is smarter than all of us. If I see it, he sees it. But sure. Burt Steele says give it one extra day from Monday. Make it Tuesday 5:45 in time for a margarita on my boat.

#82 treyk3, Nov 19, 2020
    Last edited: Nov 19, 2020
  3. finsraider

finsraider Member

Given how short this stretch is, I’m willing to be patient...ie tomorrow or so.

my hope is like you have said...they don’t do the Covington/Ariza deals if they don’t have a commitment already. If they do, it should happen pretty quickly.

if they did it on hope...ugh.

treyk3 likes this.
  4. treyk3

treyk3 Member

don't get bosh'd again.

[​IMG]

5. harold bingo

harold bingo Udoka Only Fan
    Supporting Member

I don't think anyone here is doubting Stone...I'm sure Stone has a lot of ideas on how to improve the team. The problem is that they all cost money, and we know how that goes.

6. treyk3

treyk3 Member

If Harden stay, the Tilman pay.

7. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

Free agency hasn’t opened up yet. Lol

8. jakedasnake

jakedasnake Member

The thing about all of this is why get rid of RoCo, who is already a really good fit next to Harden, for a chance at Christian Wood, etc. These players will make about as much as RoCo did in the first place and his deal was only for 2 more years if I am correct. I just don't understand the logic if this is the case which is why you will have a hard time convincing anyone here that Stone has an actual plan other than to save Tilman money. If there is an explanation for trading RoCo that none of us are aware of then I am all ears. The way I look at it, we do have the 2021 1st round pick from Portland still so maybe NTMLE signing + 2021 Portland 1st round pick + Kenyon Martin Jr. > Roco? I assume Tilman will use that pick to jetison Eric Gordon any second now. :)

BHannes2BHonest likes this.
  9. treyk3

treyk3 Member

Because there is a hard cap if you use the MLE or do a SNT. You have to have enough money to actually pay the contract under the hard cap (without losing PJ, Eric or RoCo we couldn't even afford the MLE) and then you have to fill in the rest of the roster (14 players needed). Just wait until Monday. Discussing it further for now is just opinions and gut reactions.

fckbandwagons and jch1911 like this.
  10. treyk3

treyk3 Member

:)

They can't even pay him the amount we can give him in a TPE.

our 9.3 MLE is worth more than their 10M bird right offer honestly.

There's more to the deal.

D-rock, joshuaao and fckbandwagons like this.
  11. jch1911

jch1911 Member

yeah... I thought that might have been a chess move by Stone. Short term success for Detroit... LT = they may lose Woods (hopefully to Rox)

Also, I was wondering why we didn't have a side deal to acquire Kennard into our TPE. That would have been a good get on the surface.

D-rock likes this.
  12. ksny15

ksny15 Member

It doesn’t matter who they inevitably split the MLE on because they won’t amount to what RoCo brought to the team. There isn’t anyone trading for EG with out assets back which he have none of so that contract isn’t going anywhere unless we take back and equally shitty contract and player. It’s a joke if they believe they can fix the Harden/ Westbrook relationship with the team with the moves they have made. It’s comical actually.

D-rock and BHannes2BHonest like this.
  13. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

Hypothetically, if we bring in two good role players (one being a center) and another a wing, then I'd personally would call that a win. RoCo, for as good as he was as a Rocket, was not an All Star. Verdict is out, we will find out tomorrow. History tells us that Tilman will not pay up, but I'll keep hope alive until I see us lose out on potential good signings.

14. finsraider

finsraider Member

and to be clear, it wasn’t that Detroit was bamboozled. They were on board with at least the potential they could lose him, or agreed to trade him somewhere. More likely the former, given they only have early bird rights.

treyk3 likes this.
  15. ksny15

ksny15 Member

Have you seen the FA crop? It isn’t very good outside the main guys who will command more than our MLE.

D-rock likes this.
  16. harold bingo

harold bingo Udoka Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Oh man @YOLO we're back in!! It's Tilman time!!

17. YOLO

YOLO Member

can't wait to laugh tomorrow at what the rockets end up with and all these delusional takes

BHannes2BHonest and harold bingo like this.
  18. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

Yes, I am aware. We could also trade. I don't know, trying to stay positive. Some of us are holding on to a sliver of hope that the team won't go down the shithole just yet.

D-rock and blahblehblah like this.
  19. ksny15

ksny15 Member

Well **** more power to you brother lol.
    Cheers to hope!

D-rock likes this.
  20. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

That's all I have at this point, because history tells me that Tilman is a cheap MF that won't open the checkbook. The fact that he spent $5.6M yesterday gave me that tiny hope. I got nothing left. I'm going to keep watching this team regardless, so I have no option but to hope.

D-rock likes this.