1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Harden has shown his true colors

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by RKREBORN, Nov 17, 2020.

1. Jontro

Jontro Member

tillmen is the hero we don't deserve, not the hero we want.

clos4life likes this.
  2. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

I really don't blame Harden for wanting to play elsewhere. If you had an cheap azz owner, you would bail out as well.

3. TheSource

TheSource Member

Speaking of true colors Russ is wearing his rockets gear on his IG story :eek:

htwnbandit likes this.
  4. Pandaemonaeon

Pandaemonaeon Member

OP is right, Harden did show his true colors: he's a smart man not stupid enough to put up with his dipshit owner.

Sooty, malakas, lionaire and 6 others like this.
  5. riko

riko Member

Anyone who believes harden is at fault needs to go do a brain cells count done to see if he is all there.

Anyone with a shred of self respect left will not be able to work with a con man like Tillman. Morey had to lie his way out of dodge. Let that sink in.

6. HillBoy

HillBoy Contributing Member

Correct. Harden doesn't want to wind up like Chris Paul who is still chasing his first ring as the clock is running out on his career or worse, like Charles Barkley who is constantly reminded that despite having had a brilliant HOF career, he doesn't have a ring to validate his greatness. Another example would be Bob Lanier who also chased a ring until the very end of his HOF career. You're right in that it sucks for Rockets fans and I'm sure that the blame will be heaped on Fertitta but let's be honest here. Harden has been around since 2012 and while he came close to reaching the NBA Finals, it's my belief that he was undone due to the flawed coaching of MDA and the moves made by Morey to make it work (thereby proving himself to be smarter than all the other GMs). Now he was the star and they catered to his every whim as far as team composition which now in retrospect may not have been the wisest choice. No matter, ever since LBJ decided to leave Cleveland and "take his talents to South Beach" players have been getting together with their friends to build superteams in order to chase after rings. THAT is the new reality that folks here will have to accept no matter who the owner is or isn't.

bballjunkie likes this.
  7. riko

riko Member

Besides a few trolls here with agendas no one will blame Harden for wanting out. The man gave us 8 years but with the unfortunate arrival Tillman everything that could go wrong went wrong.

This is all on Tillman

8. glynch

glynch Contributing Member

lol the poster I assume considers himself to be an alpha because he adores Tillman.

9. Victorious

Victorious Member

I don't know what to believe anymore lol I'm still in denial about Harden but guys like sham and woj saying he wants out so it's hard not to believe the noise

10. payaso

payaso Member

TRIPLE WORD BONUS for use of the word 'dysgenic' - as in, 'what did certain Americans have to be in order to vote for Trump?'

11. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Why should he be patient? He's past his peak at 32 and dealing with instability isn't what he signed up for. Ownership changed, GM changed, and coach changed, and the emphasis is on not going over the luxury cap over winning a championship - where his value is to make money rather than win.

He has one career - this is his life and everything he works for on a daily basis. He has every right to find his path to the success he wants especially after everything he signed up for with this organization is gone.

The blame has to go on how the players were managed, not on the fact they want to leave after poor management.

YOLO likes this.
  12. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

This. Ferntits in his first year b****es about cp3 being overpaid. How loyal is that?

He does everything to suck the life out of the team for his expense.

Harden might be treated like the top dog but he's not stupid playing on poisoned LTS ground

13. RKREBORN

RKREBORN Member

You are wrong. Tilman is an idiot and you’re an ass for assuming

14. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

15. HoustonCRT

HoustonCRT Member

Hey maybe Tilman and Harden deserve each other

16. realonemo

realonemo Member

Clearly a ploy to lower his trade value.

17. malakas

malakas Member

I do not blame Harden for wanting out.
    I blame Harden for leaking it to the press and worse.. asking for a specific destination, BKN which harms significantly his value.

He has give enough to the team for his trade request to be honoured.
    However respect is a 2 way street.

The Rockets have also given enough to Harden , not to be treated like this.
    Like they are some Kings and New Orleans jokes.

18. riko

riko Member

Harden probably wanted a trade the second mike left and Morey left but the Tilman refused so he was left with no choice.

As for the Rockets Without James? they would have been the kings... Just have a look at the roster the day we got him..

#158 riko, Nov 19, 2020
    Last edited: Nov 19, 2020
  19. Caesar

Caesar Member

I'll find you and go right through walls we made
    I see you, I need you every day
    It's nothing, it's your life
    I don't know why, can't get what I want
    I keep, I keep trying
    Found our way through the lost years
    And now the day brings it all here

20. apollo33

apollo33 Member

I do think that Harden is babied a lot by everyone in the franchise. When when a guy literally carries you for 8 years through thick or thin its hard not to baby him.

I can see that rubbing players the wrong way though. No matter how good you are, you aren't always right