1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA Play-In Tournament action live ...

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

New yankee sign stealing info?

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by Htown Legend, Jun 13, 2020.

1. STR8Thugg

STR8Thugg STR8Thugg Member

There are times when defending yourself based on principle makes sense. This is not even remotely one of them.

2. Icehouse

Icehouse Contributing Member

3. raining threes

Mission accomplished

Manfred, the media have gotten Luhnow run out of baseball and hired the known cheaters back. SMDH

everyday eddie and King1 like this.
  4. marks0223

marks0223 2017 and 2022 World Series Champions
    Supporting Member

5. jim1961

jim1961 Member

6. msn

msn Member

Rob Manfred is SCUM. They should run that corrupt POS out of his office, post-haste.

gatsby, King1, htwnbandit and 4 others like this.
  7. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

Or make the Yankees forfeit two first round picks since they are a bunch of mother****ing cheaters.

8. rockets1995

rockets1995 Member

The Steroids Jason Giambi, Alex Rodriguez, Derek Jeter, Roger Clemens, Andy Pettitte and many more players were on.

The Yankees, Red Sox need to lose their Draft Picks. The GMs and Managers need to be banned from Baseball.

jklb, vince, King1 and 1 other person like this.
  9. Buck Turgidson

Not just Manfred, the MLBPA said "yall shut the **** up". So they did.

If they ('they' being the entire League top-to-bottom) had just said: Let's get it all out, and get it all over with, and put some rules in to stop it (like they kind of pretended to do with steroids once they got caught redhanded etc...), nobody would be talking about this at all anymore.

Manfred kinda makes me miss Bud Selig.

marks0223 likes this.
  10. msn

msn Member

Incredible, isn't it? No way I saw that coming. Like if Ford had been so terrible ppl would've said 'yo I miss Dick Nixon.'

Buck Turgidson likes this.
  11. homewight

homewight Contributing Member

Don't be surprised. He is Selig's protégé. I can't wait to road trip to Milwaukee to piss on his grave when he dies.

jklb likes this.
  12. Mattician

Mattician Member

Manfred is a horrible commissioner. Protecting the other teams like that.

Also a lot of his rule changes have sucked, too.

Squirtle, jklb and thedreamsteam like this.
  13. Radricky

Radricky Member

14. lnchan

lnchan Sugar Land Leonard

What does Ben know?
    https://www.houstonchronicle.com/te...stin-Verlander-Astros-return-Fox-16635398.php

Q: It’s been two years since the Astros’ sign-stealing scheme was revealed. When, if ever, do you think this will be behind them?

A: I think it’s behind them (with) everybody but the fans. I think for the Astros themselves, it’s behind them. I think for the players in the league, it’s behind them. I think the only people who are really still talking about it that much are fans. You started to see it this year with (some) fans saying “You know, this Astros team this year is really good and they’re fun to watch. I’m going to put everything that happened behind me.”

Look, we all know what happened in 2017. And if you really want to search for it, there’s plenty of people speaking out about other teams doing the same thing. Look, I played minor league ball and even in minor league baseball, teams are always doing something to get a leg up, no matter what it is. To hear it happening at the big league level, I wasn’t like “are you serious?” I (suspected) that things were going on all around the league without actually knowing, that it was happening. It was certainly jarring when it first came out but not surprising. But I think people have accepted it, especially everyone in the league. I think there are few fans out there that just don’t quite understand the situation or don’t quite care to. Like I said, if you want to see if other teams were doing it, there are tons of players, managers, anyone you want speaking out about other teams doing it. At this point, the people who are still mad at the Astros are ones who just don’t want to admit they’re still a really good baseball team.

King1 and raining threes like this.
  15. Radricky

Radricky Member

16. Squirtle

Squirtle Member

Legalize it. ⚖

raining threes likes this.
  17. Buck Turgidson

Yall just shut the **** up already.

18. Radricky

Radricky Member

How rude

Squirtle likes this.
  19. Buck Turgidson

Deal with it.

The 2017 Houston Astros are the World Series Champions.

20. Radricky

Radricky Member

Yes I know that fact.
    I would still like to see the Yankees and their trash fans find out that they were doing similar things.
    If you're so bothered by this thread maybe you should just skip it when something new is posted.