1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Woj: HOU trading Ariza + 16th to Detroit for Space + 2021 second rounder

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Rudy, Nov 18, 2020.

1. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

Why take on Kennard when this board is telling me that a deal with Christian Wood is already signed sealed and delivered? You have to be ecstatic about that.

Rudyc281 likes this.
  2. Icehouse

Icehouse Contributing Member

You won’t be spending for some generations. TF ain’t selling.

3. BMoney

BMoney Contributing Member

When Tilman defaults on his loans, he may not have a choice.

4. Reeko

Reeko Member

when we traded for Ariza, I’m thinking, ok, we can probably trade Ariza to another team at the trade deadline for a 1st rounder...that would be turning Covington into 3 1st round picks, and while none of the picks will be premium lotto picks, that’s still helpful for a rebuild

I didn’t think they’d actually use a pick to get rid of Ariza and acquire a pick so heavily protected it might as well not even exist

this was bad...really bad

I gotta be on an episode of Punk’d right now

5. J.R.

J.R. Member

6. Spooner

Spooner Member

We just made a deal with Detroit. If Christian Wood was coming here why wouldn't he have been included in a sign and trade?

joshuaao likes this.
  7. YOLO

YOLO Member

Lmao

GradyMcTracy and dreamshakin like this.
  8. mikol13

mikol13 Protector of the Realm
    Supporting Member

I pretty much feel like it was 100% a status thing. I mean he had to know the numbers and what it takes to run the team.
    We should have known the second he had to borrow money from Les. Wish the league wouldn’t have approved it.

Richie_Rich likes this.
  9. CircaSurvive

CircaSurvive Member

Heaven forbid they give the fans something to look forward to on draft night for once.

10. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

Because free agency has not started yet. I don't understand how Bucks/Kings even had a deal in place when they couldn't technically negotiate with Bogdanavic. Lol.

joshuaao and Spooner like this.
  11. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

Tilman saw how much attention Bill O’Brien got after he traded Nuk and said “that’s....that’s the kind of attention I deserve from this ******* city!”

12. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Just when I thought, something good will happen, Tilman blasts all our hopes. Why doesn't Adam Silver
    step in and do us a Donald Sterling? Someone posted that Harden didn't trust Stone because he does whatever Tilman wants, Morey used to push back. Harden has his faults, but now I really understand why he has wanted to leave Houston.
    @ApacheWarrior @D-rock @Nook @Deckard

Deckard and hou$tonScrew$tonTX like this.
  13. Tristan_fiore

Tristan_fiore Member

14. Reeko

Reeko Member

lol, I’m almost at a loss for words

this was a Knicks level move

15. HorryForThree

HorryForThree Member

I didn't mind the RoCo trade. Silas has said he's interested in changing the teams playing style, and RC just doesnt hold the same value when when he's not being used as a stretch 4/5 on a team regularly going small ball. Frankly, I wouldn't be surprised to see PJ go either given his reported unhappiness with his contract situation.

I am frustrated by the Ariza trade. I understand the salary dump. Ariza is a fraction of the player he was with us a few years ago. But trading away your first round pick too for a heavily protected one next season? top-10 protected, okay, but top-16 protected just doesn't feel like enough bang for the buck.

What's clear to me by now is that this offseason is going to be very volatile. I don't know if James and Russ will be here at the end of the month, but there is going to be a lot of roster change. After years of going down the same road and the reported problems with the teams culture, maybe that's not all bad. As much as I loved Morey, part of me feels he is best with a team in hot pursuit of a championship and not as capable at building one anew. I don't know that Stone will be, but I guess we'll find out soon.

16. bulkatron

bulkatron Member

so be it.

17. Vivi

Vivi Member

Seems like you didn't follow the Rockets much in the last year.

18. roslolian

roslolian Member

Beggar Dolan on the loose. Why'd you trade Covington if you wanted to contend?

We basically gave up Capela for a future detroit pick and capspace.

WTF!!!!

AleksandarN likes this.
  19. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

20. prodigy08

prodigy08 Clutchfans Lurker

Tilman and his cheap ass self would rather have Carl Landry at this point for potatoes