1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

It’s Over!!!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Imanimal, Nov 18, 2020.

1. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

Don't talk logic around here.......everyone had alread had their pitchforks out ready

2. riko

riko Member

Yep .. why do you think Morey had to lie to get out of town? No one with any self respect can work for a conman like Tillman

If another idiot attacks Harden or Russ for wanting out they need to get their brain cells checked

3. riko

riko Member

Harden wants out and without him being here Serge will never sign here.Only way Harden stays is if Tillman is gone.

4. lakersuck2

lakersuck2 Member

To sign a free agent you have to convince someone to willingly work for Tillman. Good luck with that.

5. bloodwings19

bloodwings19 Member

Morey didn't bail on us, someone higher up did. It is too bad that his business is affecting the Rockets future. Seriously, Tilly needs to part some of his Rockets pie.

6. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

I know, Ibaka wants to join Harden with Durant at Nets. I don’t see Tilman trading Harden to Nets.....does Ibaka
    go there then?

Does Ibaka join Rockets without both Westbrook and Harden being there....probably not. With both there......distant
    maybe. Tilman is like Dumb and dumber.....”so you say I have a chance.”

I can see Tilman keeping Harden......say sit then. Waste your 31 year old season.....waste another year? Waste your
    32 year old season then. Will Harden waste two consecutive years in his 30’s not playing? We shall see.

7. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

[​IMG]

Jontro likes this.
  8. lnchan

lnchan Sugar Land Leonard

Jeremy Lin Part 3?

9. desihooper

desihooper Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Couldn't he take on a part-owner with a buyout in 5-10 years? That way he could hedge some of the operating expenses until the rest of his business interests return to their previous (or at least better) run rate? The "co-owner " would be vetted by the NBA and have an in if/when another franchise comes available. In the meantime, they get some exposure/fame/notoriety from being associated with the NBA and a potential, negotiated liquidity event in writing.

10. scolandry1

scolandry1 Member

11. riko

riko Member

I get the feeling Harden will end up in Boston. Even if Tillman refuses to trade Harden you think Ibaka would want to play under a clown like Tillman?

Tilman now has a bad reputation which means free agents will avoid him like the Spanish plague

Jontro likes this.
  12. csc177

csc177 Member

Tillman he has really left a bad taste in my mouth. Why did Les leave us like this!?

Nonetheless It was a good 8 year run of being in “it” ...unfortunately we went up against the best team assembled in a long time (GS).

I’ll be a fan of the players around the league going forward until this Tillman clown is gone.

Jayzers_100 likes this.
  13. txn

txn Member

Should just have a group effect from our fans, boo the heck out of shillman when we play games in Toyota center and he sit at the sideline.

14. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

This I (us fans) have no control of.......Tilman has no control of.......you may be right.

Utah and Celtics always find players.....white and black. Those two teams are the most white leaning teams in the league.

It will come down to chance of winning.

The $12.8 TPE may offer a chance of:
    Baynes (White guy), Favors (use to player for white favoring owner in Utah),
    IBaka, WCS (player option , played for Silas in Dallas briefly), Marc Gasol (White guy), Olynyk (White guy), Bertans, Christian Wood

or

split with PG: Augustin, Trey Burke (played for Silas), Jeff Teague, Dunn

Some players may be drawn to Silas over owner. Just saying.

15. lakersuck2

lakersuck2 Member

I never said he was racist. He's just an ******* straight up. The good thing about a rookie is he plays for who he plays for. FAs can just tell you to go screw yourself. For the foreseeable future the Rockets have to force players to play for them.

dreamshakin, riko and snowconeman22 like this.
  16. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

I said that about Ibaka. Boston had had a reputation since Red Auerbach as being white leaning racists.

They always go over a quota of whites per team.

17. riko

riko Member

Hardens issues with Tillman are about being a jackass who refuses to put a championship level team together and his trump support is an issue to.His lack of people skills which resulted him treating mike with no respect.

Anyway it’s pretty obvious Harden is gone do Serge is a pipe dream. Better start looking for free agent like Luxury tax savings

BallSoHarden likes this.
  18. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

Oh I see what you are saying. It’s not about Boston always having at least 3 whites in their main rotation like the days
    of Bird, McHale, Ainge, Kite to now Gordon Hayward, Theis, Ennis Kanter.

Other players outside of Ibaka. As I mentioned in another post. I don’t see Harden wasting two years in his 30’s. Tilman losing $40 to $80 million over two years, but Harden doesn’t contend until he is 33. Shoe commercial losses. I guess both lose. And us.

He may get commercials, but actually playing brings more to the table. And does his commercial deals involve playing if healthy.......meeting a bar or high water mark of getting paid more or less for x amount of games?

19. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

You're very smart , my good friend, but I think it's truly over. TF won't spend a penny. Ibaka is overrated, he is old, he has no explosion left in his legs. Baynes is okay for a 6M one year contract.
    Favors is no real difference maker. RW, EG and JH will be traded for expiring contracts and 2nd rounders.

Why not? and ApacheWarrior like this.
  20. pass_to_Hakeem

Tillman makes Dolan look like Jerry Buss

saleem and riko like this.