1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets want a young star and massive package of picks for Harden

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ashleyem, Nov 17, 2020.

1. D-rock

D-rock Member

Considering its Tilly, he will bulge.

Which may not be noticeable because hes an evil oofaloofa.

psaman17 likes this.
  2. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

And for Boston that's in the race, it doesn't sound like Harden wants to go there, so if they want him it has to be NOW so they can have two full seasons of trying to convince him rather than one. So for them it is a risk...yet people think the trade is a non-starter because they won't giveup Tatum...

I know this is going to be hard for people to accept. Harden is gone. Unless he signs that extension and soon, he's out of here. We're not getting equal value back, that's not even possible.

I'm going to be pissed to find out next season that we turned down either a top 3 pick or Ben Simmons or EVEN both because the Rockets wanted some magical deal that involved a team giving up their franchise player.

3. blahblehblah

blahblehblah Member

This.

Starting the season with harden is fine, but hopefully the rockets realize that they need to move harden before the trade deadline which is the demarcation point of when his value plummets.

YOLO and JayGoogle like this.
  4. YOLO

YOLO Member

yeah. There's a fine line between passing up realistic packages and just missing the maximum value altogether. The latter is going to be the absolute worse if that happens. Passing up a number of deals that later turn out to be by far what they should have taken. People seem to think waiting out for as long as possible is the best option. It isn't. I'm not saying you just give him up for whatever right now, and I don't believe that's what you mean either. There's going to come a point where teams will be just fine with their respected situations and just wait it out because they know harden is going to be out of the door anyway

JayGoogle likes this.
  5. Tato1971

Tato1971 Member

I think you are forgetting a very important point. This is not a closed negotiation between the Rockets and the Nets, this is an open negotiation where the Rockets manage the times and evaluate offers from all interested teams.
    Also, if it is true that the Nets want to put together their "big three", they are not in a good position to "play chicken", time passes for everyone and Durant is 32 years old.

joshuaao and D-rock like this.
  6. STR8Thugg

STR8Thugg STR8Thugg Member

Good. Nothing less.

We don't have to trade him, and we shouldn't unless we get the return we want.

Everyone else, including Harden, can go pound sand and kick rocks. I'm sick and tired of the media and these entitled players throwing toddler tantrums when they don't get their way.

D-rock likes this.
  7. homewight

homewight Contributing Member

I keep seeing the superstar demand like there is a superstar orchard out there somewhere. I think there's 5 , maybe 10 of those guys in the league. And they all want to play with each other because today's superstar is fearful and lazy. Is Simmons a superstar? I don't think so. Embiid? Nah. Brooklyn has 1, maybe 2, if you consider Irving, who seems to always be hurt and complaining for another team. None in Atlanta. None in Boston. Knicks? Ha! If we do trade Harden and Westbrook, we'll all be disappointed. Prepare yourself.

However, since we all agree that we're going to suck, whatever the outcome, I say we should stick it to Harden and Westbrook for leading us to this cliff and keep them. Most would say and I agree, Fern t*** is the real leader here, but he's a rich prick, and rich pricks always get away with **** like this.

D-rock likes this.
  8. Vivi

Vivi Member

I know, i hate Tilman, still, i can't and won't give up because of that bum.

Vik, treyk3 and D-rock like this.
  9. YOLO

YOLO Member

Durant like Harden are ultra skilled players. being 31 and 32 isn't a big deal at all. Both will remain elite players in this league for plenty of years to come. Bringing up age without context doesn't really mean much. 31/32 years old isn't the same for elite players like them compared to guys with much less talent and iq especially those who play primarily off athleticism and limited actual skills

cmoak1982 and D-rock like this.
  10. D-rock

D-rock Member

I agree with your conclusion.

But Simmons is the closest thing to a superstar being offered. Not bad considering hes only been in NBA 3 seasons.

homewight and dc rock like this.
  11. treyk3

treyk3 Member

If he's as bad as we think and Simmons is here...

Klutch is about to make Silver force a sale of the team.

Vote for Simmons.

Vivi and joshuaao like this.
  12. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

I think people don't know whats realisitic.

Someone here (not tagging because full respect, not attacking or insulting) said that Brown + multiple top 5 picks is not enough...that's crazy to me. That would be an amazing haul. You're getting 3 elite prospects...Brown, Lamelo, I dunno, Wiseman, whoever? You do that in a heartbeat.

I get this isn't the best draft but it is the draft we have to work with. We don't get to wait for the next Zion, AD, or Lebron. We draft who we can and hope they turn out to be legendary.

We don't have our picks. We can't really tank. So the draft is going to be our only way of getting superstars. We're not LA, we're not NY, we're not Miami...no one is coming here just to come here. While we're not Utah that has to trade for star players, Houston as a city requires a Yao a Harden to be here to attract another superstar.

Since the draft is the only way we can acquire a first superstar, that means there should be no turning down top 5 picks.

Denovo and YOLO like this.
  13. YOLO

YOLO Member

agree. the biggest thing is people are confused with what's actually realistic rather than what they want personally. The expectations are all over the place and many are just out of the question. Expecting to hold a ultra king's ransom isn't going to age well at all.

JayGoogle likes this.
  14. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

But don't forget. The Nets want to contend.

Gutting their team to contend isn't happening. That's why I've always said it would take a 3 team trade with them. They are not giving up KD or Irving, neither of those guys would want to play here any ways. So sending one back to get Harden does nothing for them or for the Rockets.

Boston, same deal, in fact, it's better for them. All of their guys are under 25...they have no reason to give you more than Brown. You're not getting Tatum, banish the idea. They want to pair Harden with Tatum.

Philly...that's where it makes sense. Harden >>>>>>>>> Simmons but Simmons is young. It makes sense there...but petty ass Tilman won't do it...

Simmons is the only star we can get for Harden right now.

The other deals are going to involve Minny/Cha/or GSW for a top 3 pick. That's the only other deal we can get right now, that deal exists right now. Won't exist next year.

blahblehblah and Tato1971 like this.
  15. Tato1971

Tato1971 Member

I think when you come from an injury like the one Durant suffered, every year counts.

16. YOLO

YOLO Member

not when you have the ridiculous skill level he has along with his physical attributes

17. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

Lol, very aware of what’s realistic and what value should be.
    Harden value is more than Brown and multiple top 5 picks.
    AD got 3 players, with 2 close to Browns ability-plus the 4th pick and multiple other firsts.
    That is the baseline.
    Brown and multiple top 5 picks isn’t that.

18. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

My response was to not getting Brown and only getting the picks though.

I would be ok with Brown, some other filler, 2nd pick and Minny pick next year. Still not equal value but it’s an offer I could accept.

19. Tato1971

Tato1971 Member

We'll see, the medical evidence says otherwise. Durant is an incredible player, but is human.

20. YOLO

YOLO Member

not really. medical evidence isn't the same for every player which absolutely needs to be taken into account.