1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Shams Bomb] Rockets and Wizards discussed a Westbrook/Wall deal

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Dr of Dunk, Nov 17, 2020.

1. Rockets FTW

Rockets FTW Member

That 16th pick is key to everything.

D-rock and Rudyc281 like this.
  2. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

How is it a salary dump when they have the same amount of years and money remaining?

D-rock, apollo33, HP3 and 1 other person like this.
  3. Reeko

Reeko Member

u still can’t comprehend they are getting rid of John Wall’s contract...I can’t help your stupidity

stop wasting my time

D-rock and HP3 like this.
  4. jerryclark

jerryclark Member

wb for wall and 100k. Enjoy!

5. HP3

HP3 Member

Nvm

#265 HP3, Nov 17, 2020
    Last edited: Nov 17, 2020
  6. mikol13

mikol13 Protector of the Realm
    Supporting Member

That’s not a given coming back from a serious injury. I know he looks good in the off-season, but he’s not been healthy in forever.

I want to get rid of Russ, but I’m not so sure Wall is a winning player either. He’s definitely not worth the contract.

D-rock likes this.
  7. jdiggidy

jdiggidy Member

It’s gotta include Beal and #9.

Russ/Gordon
    Wall/Beal/2020 #9

8. YOLO

YOLO Member

The rockets aren’t winning regardless and neither is westbrick. Which is why his value is garbage. Wall at least has the favorable attitudes. Cf’s loves the unknown logic. It’s apparently better than what harden and the rockets were the last several years

9. Baqui99

Baqui99 Contributing Member

Garbage in, garbage out

D-rock likes this.
  10. mikol13

Supporting Member

I agree the Rockets aren’t going to win unless they surprise the hell out of all of us. I just don’t want to exchange one bad contract for another unless we can add some really good picks or young talent with it.

11. mikol13

Supporting Member

For how many games? He may be, but that contract along with his injury history scare the hell out of me.

D-rock likes this.
  12. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

wall will be on limited minutes and heavy load management this year. next year he might be able to play starters minutes but not on b2b and will probably be a shell of his former self. maybe he's a strong starter next year, no more all star level play.

to take that on for Westbrook who, we need to keep repeating, made an all nba team this season, requires significant assets coming our way.

I would want:

• move up from 16-9
    • 2 future firsts (1 pick for each year I have to eat walls contract)
    • Wagner
    • bonga

they can keep brown and hachimura those guys are overrated.

D-rock and RustyHarden like this.
  13. rockets13champs

It’s 50/50. But next to harden wall doesn’t need to do that much. He can play more like Chris Paul and come playoffs try to play like his old self

matchesmalone likes this.
  14. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

honestly, he was injured for 2 seasons, people make it out that he has been injured for 5-6 years

previous to the last 2 seasons, he played at least 77 games 4 seasons in a row and he looks good now

15. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

If Wall has his speed back, then he would be a great pick up. He looks good in the video i posted. Shooting isn't his strong point, but he hit a few outside shots in the youtube clip

matchesmalone likes this.
  16. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

not so sure he'll be playing next to harden. and no telling what he'll look like after 2 years without playing basketball and another year of playing limited minutes. Rose went from MVP to great 6th man pretty quickly. chance are wall is headed to the same level of play. that's why Washington is willing to pay us to take him for Westbrook. IF he manages to regain starter level play he still won't be worth his max contract. basically he'll be a negative asset the rest of the way. that's ok because the direction is to rebuild not to contend. we don't need him to play well. we need him to come with young players and picks.

D-rock likes this.
  17. rockets1995

rockets1995 Member

John Wall looks great in pickup.

Wall going against Harden in Pickup.

He looks so smooth shooting 3 pointers.

18. psaman17

psaman17 Member

You drinking some serious kool-aid. Three of those guys(Wall, Cousins, Ariza) should be in a wheel chair next season. One of them(PJ) is close.

D-rock likes this.
  19. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Hey man, If you get enough picks back and get to take a roll of the dice, why not?

Wall might net us the 9th pick and Rui for the inevitable rebuild.

Why not?

Also, PJ has shown no signs of slowing down. Just as good as ever. Surely good enough for one final run.

D-rock likes this.
  20. thekad

thekad Member

Rockets had to blow up their team to make Westbrook effective and he ended up being just as bad in the playoffs this year (terrible) as he’s been the past three years.