1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Live Rockets Discussion
    Jalen Green looks like a legit star, Amen Thompson is shining and the Rockets have found something without Alperen Sengun. Clutch is talking about the 10-game winning streak at 11:00am as we talk Rockets live!

Talking Rockets - LIVE!

[Occupy Clutchfans] Tilman Boycott

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by BigggReddd, Nov 17, 2020.

1. BigggReddd

BigggReddd Member

I'm absolutely off the wall with emotions regarding Tilman Fertitta. Confusion, anger & frustration, contempt. Mostly confusion. Why is it that when the Rockets are faced with troubled waters ahead, Tilman is the first one to show his face and talk mess in public?

https://bbs.clutchfans.net/threads/koc-ive-been-told-morey-would-offer-ben-simmons-plus-more.308472/

This right here. This is the nail in the coffin for me. How are you going to piss away all leverage you have with the biggest trade chip your franchise will EVER see? This is not the first time he's let his mouth run loose & wild, killing leverage left and right. What kind of owner calls his own player that he's trying to trade (CP3) the worst contract in the league? When will he learn?!

I'm not going to sit here and list the atrocities Tilman has committed as owner, you're all too aware. But what I am asking is for you guys to consider a legitimate boycott with me until Tilman is no longer owner. No going to games, no eating at Landry's, no buying League Pass. Pickets at Toyota Center when Tilman does the dumb dumb. I'll catch the highlights later.

[​IMG]

To be honest we all should've been done when we saw this mural. Please occupy this thread with your frustrations.

2. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

Him ****ing up is my only solace. I don’t even care if we don’t get a long haul for harden, trading him to morey would be the ultimate taking it up the ass hell get

3. BigggReddd

BigggReddd Member

I think it's time to put ego aside and keep the best in mind for this franchise.

*edit

And to add to that, I used to feel the same way. Then I realized no matter how much he f's up, and no matter how much the media comes down on him, he never learns or takes it personal. Him f'ing up doesn't mean anything when he doesn't even know he's f'ing up.

UTSA2step, D-rock and Sledge187 like this.
  4. Sooner423

Sooner423 Contributing Member

Fertitta really does objectively suck.

5. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

Hey hey, ho ho, Tilman Fertitto gotta go.

6. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

If you think me keeping the best in mind with an incredibly leveraged owner whose number priority is cutting costs is gonna do anything...LOL

if anything, this would force him to sell sooner rather than

7. BigggReddd

BigggReddd Member

Stop the wooly bully!

8. tmoney1101

tmoney1101 Contributing Member

I still have love for Morey and harden I wish them the best. If Morey wants to ship us the farm I take that deal. There’s no one in the nba who knows hardens value more than Morey.

9. riko

riko Member

No one in their right mind would take a bunch of picks that will be in the late 20’s along with a bunch of role players over Simmons, thybulle and draft picks.

Tillman however is that oddball

BleedRocketsRed, D-rock and juanm34 like this.
  10. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

I'm gonna say it. I hope he gets COVID and its tough on him. Same goes for his family.

Do I wish death on him? No. Absolutely not. But if it happens, it wouldn't be the worst thing on the planet.

Ubiquitin and jerryclark like this.
  11. DeBeards

DeBeards Member

Instead of tanking logically, strategically n quietly …This team is tanking ugly w/ a hell lot of sharp noises seems to scare away all fans.
    ariza + John wall (twi bad contract) w/ bunch of kids?
    tilman insanely smashing this team into tiny little pieces for wht? Historically, he might be the biggest rockets hater.
    dunt know when this team could back on right track in the next 2-3yrs or longer.

D-rock likes this.
  12. BallSoHarden

BallSoHarden Member

Boycott will do no good as we are a miniscule portion of revenue. We would be better off blasting him on all social media, create memes that really stick and don't let up, look at how long Harden getting blocked circulated the internet, need this X 100. He will need to removed in Sterling fashion.

Red.Glare, D-rock and jerryclark like this.
  13. jerryclark

jerryclark Member

Well said. A lot of fairweather fans making up excuses for tilmen are the reason it got to this point in the first place

14. jowman

jowman Member

Hoping Tilman took some high interest loans from the mob on the side to keep his businesses afloat.

Then Houston boycotts his team and he can’t meet the payments

hou$tonScrew$tonTX likes this.
  15. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

How much will the team be worth by time Tilman has to sell?

Rocket River

16. jowman

jowman Member

Me and @jerryclark the original tilman haters when half this forum were defending shumpert as a good move. Y’all took it real personal too

17. jerryclark

jerryclark Member

lmao yup. They were coming at us mad af too

jowman likes this.
  18. ashleyem

ashleyem Member

I have been defending him for a long time but he lost me tonight. This is downright disrespectful for us Rockets fans.

linvetb6 likes this.
  19. linvetb6

linvetb6 Member

The worst thing about this is we are stuck with Tilman... the team is never going to pay for better players.

Tilman is trying to save money... not make money.... super soft...

20. jev5555

jev5555 ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I dont see any players choosing to come to Houston in FA with Tilman at the helm. We are about to have some really lean years.

D-rock and J Sizzle like this.