1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Front Office Sports] Nets and Rockets have a "verbal agreement” on Harden trade

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by _RTM_, Nov 17, 2020.

1. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

The Covington deal has me optimistic.

2. Reeko

Reeko Member

Celtics fans claim he was saying Boston had no interest in trading for Kyrie back in 2017

everyday eddie, D-rock and HP3 like this.
  3. Reeko

Reeko Member

no idea who vin fosh is, but that’s even worse than Brooklyn

4. BackNthDay

BackNthDay Member

Please tell me what the Rockets won with Harden besides a lot of games and 1 WCF and 2 WCSF... For all of Morey's genius we've never won an NBA Champion. We can't keep rolling out or running back. Now is the time to blow it up. James isn't going to win with no D Kyrie and James. GOH!!

5. riko

riko Member

Pro sports insider is his title. Supposedly he also broke the AD trade to la before anyone else

6. homewight

homewight Contributing Member

Well, I guess Harden can do one of those.

7. YOLO

YOLO Member

The nets would instantly be favorites to win if Harden, KD, and kyrie became a trio

VanityHalfBlack likes this.
  8. DVauthrin

DVauthrin Contributing Member

If they are really interested, they’ll make Jaylen Brown the centerpiece of their offer along with multiple first-round picks.

9. BackNthDay

BackNthDay Member

Neither Kyrie nor James play enough D to win an NBA title. So when the last 5 minutes happen, the will put James and Kyrie in a PnR and it's a wrap. No D no Title!

csnerd84 likes this.
  10. DVauthrin

DVauthrin Contributing Member

Exactly. Danny Ainge can either offer Jaylen Brown and picks or he can watch one of his Atlantic Division rivals (Toronto, Brooklyn or Philadelphia) land Harden. Ainge needs to either **** or get off the pot if he wants the Celtics to be more than just bridesmaids every season.

11. YOLO

YOLO Member

If it happens, I'll gladly bet their team wins a title. funny kyrie can't win a title, yet he already has one.

everyday eddie likes this.
  12. Boston84

Boston84 Member

What ab Jaylen/smart/Robert Williams 14/26/30 and 2 future 1sts

DVauthrin likes this.
  13. Francis3422

Francis3422 Member

yes to the above.

DVauthrin likes this.
  14. Boston84

Boston84 Member

Murphy lately has been the new wet blanket killing deals. He’s ok but he’s not much of a new breaker he’s very inconsistent. We used to have Steve bulpett as ainge’s mouthpiece but he left the herald

15. Reeko

Reeko Member

starting an offer with Kemba and spare parts is so insulting I can’t believe someone would have the balls to even try such a thing

like, I’d rather u called me, farted on the phone, and hung up than to actually try and discuss Kemba and picks for Harden with me

joshuaao, D-rock and DVauthrin like this.
  16. AkeemOlaDROwon

Just a few years ago I remember having a conversation with my friend that all Houston sports teams are on the up and up and are contenders. Houston was a sports superstar mainstay. JJ Watt, Watson, Harden, CP3, Springer, Correa, Altuve, Verlander, Cole, Bregman were thriving. Now the city will be lucky to have 3 left and that trio will be on one team which for the foreseeable future will be associated with scandal. Wtf happened to Houston sports.

D-rock likes this.
  17. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

18. Boston84

Boston84 Member

i am firmly in the camp that the Celtics should be interested. That’s a very good deal and you don’t give in to Morey or harden

D-rock likes this.
  19. Reeko

Reeko Member

Has any Celtics interest in Harden been reported by anybody credible from Boston’s side?

D-rock likes this.
  20. dfbreyes

dfbreyes Member

HUH?.

One of the saddest moments in Rockets history was when Ralph Sampson was traded for Sleepy Floyd and Joe Barry Carroll.

Harden and Westbrook are nothing compared to Ralph and Hakeem.

Trade them for a bag of chips. Ask for 2 cups of salsa sauce, that would make it even.