1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Tilman's Support for Trump is Causing the Rockets Dysfunction?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by BleedRocketsRed, Nov 17, 2020.

1. krosfyah

krosfyah Contributing Member

Well, I'm holding judgement till we hear more about the backstory. Often it's not what you do but rather how you do it. As others noted, many owners are Republicans. But that Tilman had his top 4 people in his org walk out on him speaks to his leadership style. If Tilman is showing up to work wearing MAGA hats or has his office decked out with Trump gear in visible ways, then he shouldn't be surprised when those that don't share his views want out. I have no idea if that's true but I've known many Trumpers that like to flaunt their support. That's fine but comes with consequences.

In the NBA, people don't want to "Shut up and listen". That mentality might work in the restaurant business but it doesn't work in sports (anymore).

Red.Glare, D-rock and Jayzers_100 like this.
  2. Pringles09

Pringles09 Member

Works very good with the cowboys and Jerry Jones. They have to stand for the anthem .

3. RESINator

RESINator Member

Would you want to work for someone who believes there are fine people on both sides?

4. rimrocker

rimrocker Contributing Member

So good they are within striking distance of the NFC East lead.

5. HardenVolumeOne

i gotta disagree with the players on this, people should be able to support who they want

SuraGotMadHops likes this.
  6. jim petersen84

I don't support any political parasite but how clueless are these nba players to cosign biden when he wrote the 1994 crime bill and kamala harris's flagrant record throwing black men in jail and keep them there beyond their sentence.

[​IMG]what can betta fish eat of human food

"Beautiful Mosaic of Kamala Harris made out of all the Black men she locked up and kept in prison past their release date for cheap prison labor"

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

7. SuraGotMadHops

If true, then very stupid and foolish on the players' part. If you want to get away from Tilman because he's a cheapskate, a jerk, an egomaniac, and an a-hole then that's fine, but to leave simply because he is a Trump supporter is ridiculously immature. This isn't a Don Sterling situation, a man can vote and support whoever he wants without being subject to an upheaval.

I miss the days people respected the other side. I miss even more the days people kept their political leanings private, and that was always done for this exact reason, it creates disagreements and misunderstandings.

8. jim petersen84

when obama gaslit flint michigan with the fake water drinking stunt where were all these fake revolutionists like leflop wade melo and paul? They are all phonies

9. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Rub n Tug Trump Donor Robert Kraft still signed free agents and it doesn’t really make a huge difference. I think it doesn’t help owners to be Trumpers during times like now with racial injustice movements happening but it shouldn’t hurt him anymore than it does other billionaire owners who usually support Republicans because of tax cuts for the wealthy.

I think with Tillman it’s a culmination of factors that has driven the players, coaches, and GM away from the Rockets.

-Being cheap
    -Nepotism
    -Ego mania
    -Know it all meddling in moves
    -and just being an A Hole

However I wouldn’t be shocked if during the George Floyd protests there were moments or a moment behind closed doors where the team looked at themselves after something he said and they just all thought... dude is a racist bigot.

But we don’t know that for sure but that would explain what some are hearing in circles. It could be that the translation of being a racist bigot just is conveyed as being a Trump supporter which tells you a lot.

10. 34to11

34to11 Member

You really should just go ahead and change your avatar to a white knight at this point.:D

11. hajkov

hajkov Consummate Member

no, it is not even A reason

12. riko

riko Member

It’s unfortunate that we had two candidates who are both so morally corrupt.

Madano and RustyHarden like this.
  13. jim petersen84

its the result of voting for the lesser of 2 evils the past few decades. it morphed into the lesser of 2 rapists and biden won by a hair sniff.

RustyHarden and riko like this.
  14. Will

Will Clutch Crew
    Supporting Member

I despise Trump. But the odds that these guys are leaving because the owner is a Trumper are microscopic, compared to the odds that they're leaving because the owner is wrecking the team.

15. Dankstronaut

Dankstronaut Way, way out here.
    Supporting Member

It's not not the reason?

snowconeman22 likes this.
  16. malakas

malakas Member

I was going to say bullcrap but then I saw this :

Pretty sure that CHI is an insider with legit sources that have come through in the past.

D-rock and zksb09 like this.
  17. TheSource

TheSource Member

Michael Wilbon just confirmed the political stuff on PTI

D-rock and Jayzers_100 like this.
  18. Pass 1st shoot 2nd

Pass 1st shoot 2nd Contributing Member

I am pretty sure the NBA is losing revenue because of Covid, and not because NBA players are allowed to speak their minds about the dumpster fire we know as Trump.

D-rock and Landsdale like this.
  19. icewill36

icewill36 Member

not the reason, but it doesn't help.

Tillman all around just doesn't have the respect of the players.

20. Landsdale

Landsdale Member

Let's face it: it's all of our business

D-rock likes this.