1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Posted under bleacher report draft day trades:

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by SinceEverSince, Nov 17, 2020.

1. Lloyd Estacio

Lloyd Estacio Member

Like it! Just add more picks. Jaylen will be a breakout star here

2. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Definitely, that's why he's unavailable.

Reeko likes this.
  3. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

What does him being the same age have to do with anything?

Harden showed in college and in the pros that he could get a bucket at any time and was a great playmaker, Brown has not.

Nobody thinks you can build a championship team with Brown as the center piece.

What in Browns game makes you think that?

4. Reeko

Reeko Member

he’s already better than Levert and 2 years younger without the terrible injury history that Levert has...better shooter, way more efficient, much better defensively

Jaylen Brown is just higher quality to me than anything the Nets offer...all I see is mediocrity in that BK package

the picks won’t be good, and all the players are just meh

treyk3 likes this.
  5. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

That's exactly Harden's 'demise' in the playoffs and the clutch.

He is a one man show.

It is refreshing to have everyone being exceptional at their position again without doing too much other than moving off ball.

I hope Jaylen doesn't try to ISO too much.

Stress balanced Offense.

Cheers, breh.

RocketRed84 likes this.
  6. Juxtaposed Jolt

I wouldn't say it's weak. I think most people think it's 'weak' because we didn't see college basketball due to Covid. And not seeing these players play in March decreased hype. And decreased hype usually leads to players being touted as not-so-good.

RudyTBag and Astrodome like this.
  7. Juxtaposed Jolt

Just going off stats, Brown's game jumped a lot from last year to this year. Granted, some of that is due to Gordon Hayward being in and out of the lineup, but still.

Brown's game has improved even with the logjam at the SF position and the addition of Kemba. I think that, if you gave Jaylen more command of a team, he'd be able to show something.

On a championship team, he's no Michael Jordan. But if he can develop into a Scottie Pippen, that's great hope for the future of the Rockets.

daywalker02 likes this.
  8. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

And it might have led to good players withdrawing from the draft too.

We'll know during the season. Good point.

Juxtaposed Jolt likes this.
  9. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

That's a great point. I hadn't considered that. The draft is more unknown than anything.

Juxtaposed Jolt likes this.
  10. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Brown also really stepped up for the Celtics during the playoffs in the Bubble. I agree about Brown being better than LeVert, at least in my opinion. Don’t know whether there’s anything to this, though. Ainge is an absolute pain to deal with, isn’t he? Getting better picks from him is like squeezing blood out of a turnip.

11. Juxtaposed Jolt

Even projected #1 overall pick LaMelo Ball only played 12 games in the Oceania league, and averaged 17/7/7. That's pretty solid (I think?) for an 18 year old playing against grown men.

But it's still only a sample size of 12 games.

I don't envy scouts for this draft. They could easily take a "sure thing" and that player turns into a complete bust. Or they could swing on a relative unknown (i.e. Poku) and that player could turn out to the best player of this draft.

daywalker02 and RudyTBag like this.
  12. Reeko

Reeko Member

I expect him to offer the absolute bare minimum like he always does.

Boston hasn’t been mentioned at all by any credible people like Woj and Shams, but they’ve gotta be heavily contemplating at least. With Harden they could finally reach the finals.

HP3 and Deckard like this.
  13. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Much better shooter?

What are you basing that on?

He is more efficient but that's because he has been the 3rd option his entire career, how does that change when he is the focal point.

That's just how I see it I just don't think he is better than those 4 guys if it was a 1 to 1 trade I would agree.

14. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I hate Lamelo with a passion and his dad so I can't be objective here.

15. Lawlruschang

Lawlruschang Member

terrible trade