1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

He isn't James Harden, but Caris LeVert has sauce...

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by RudyTBag, Nov 17, 2020.

1. mightybosstone

I actually really like Levert. If he's your third or fourth best guy, you're in really good shape. If he's the best player in a trade package you get for a top 5 player in the league with three years left on his contract, you've screwed up.

2. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Is there a franchise guy available for James Harden that won't force their way out in 2 years?

We might have to do this through the draft ole buddy. What I like about a potential Nets package is the positive culture you could create with SIlas. Houston needs to work on building something that looks fun to be a part of again.

3. RudyTBag

Supporting Member

It's all about the picks.

That said, since we aren't winning any rings anytime soon, I'd like to watch this guy and Jarrett Allen and Taurean Prince have a good time. Silas should be a fun coach with all these dudes.

4. YOLO

YOLO Member

lol oh man. 2020 sure is a b****. what did we do to deserve this

Joshfast and RudyTBag like this.
  5. Mr. Space City

The new Kevin Martin.

raining threes and RudyTBag like this.
  6. HP3

HP3 Member

Lets wait till the trade deadline and see what offers we can get. I hate talking like this though. :(

RudyTBag likes this.
  7. RudyTBag

Supporting Member

Agreed.

To be fair, you compared Josh Richardson to Caris LeVert, who have completely contrasting play styles, IMO.

8. DVauthrin

DVauthrin Contributing Member

If Tilman Fertitta agrees to trade James Harden for a package headlined by Caris LeVert, he can go to hell.

Paul George netted Shai Gilgeous-Alexander, Danilo Gallinari and five first-round picks. Jrue Holiday was traded for Eric Bledsoe and three first-round picks. James Harden is much better than both.

The Rockets need to get one of Ben Simmons, Jaylen Brown, Pascal Siakam, Jamal Murray, Bam Adebayo or even Kyrie Irving (he’s my least favorite choice on the list) if they are trading a perennial MVP candidate and one of the top two or three players in the NBA.

The Nets can either get serious with their offer, or they can shove the current poo-poo platter they are peddling up their ass.

9. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

10. Mr Chuck Norris

Lmao no tf he’s not

11. ktbballplaya

ktbballplaya Member

We would need to resign Spencer. He's the better player and I would definitely keep.

12. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

You try and extend them. If they want to leave, trade them for picks.

LaVert is a 1 year rental anyway. So what is the point?
    Simmons plus picks or keep Harden and let him sit it out. No way you trade him for a bag of marbles.

RudyTBag and Erbnwarfare like this.
  13. Fantasma Negro

So Eric Gordon is the fat Caris Levert

14. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

Do you just accuse people of not watching games because they comment ?.....................Gordon is so erratic that you can't trust him. he is not consistent and he is getting older. Yes he can defend, but don't make it out like he is an All NBA defender

15. treyk3

treyk3 Member

You just said he does nothing but score... You didn't say he did nothing but score on offense which is also untrue. Despite being an awful shooter the past two years, he requires the opposing defenders to respect his shot. HE creates an immense amount of spacing which is valuable when you have iso-heavy players like Harden and CP3 or bad shooters like Russ.

I simply said his value comes from defense.

It's not just you but everyone around who claims to be a fan of this team acts like the Rockets have been a bottom dweller for a decade. Look at any other fanbase and they overhype the hell out of their players. I've never seen another fanbase hate their own team as much as this one does.

RudyTBag likes this.
  16. RudyTBag

Supporting Member

I think it is safe to say that Siakam, Murray, Adebayo are not going to happen. Jaylen Brown is interesting, and you can never count out Danny Ainge I suppose.

What would you want to do with Kyrie Irving and all that drama? Hard for me to see a plan there. Trade him for more picks?

17. RudyTBag

Supporting Member

What If the marble has a huge Artis Gilmore Afro?

18. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

"HE creates an immense amount of spacing "...........Without Harden and Westbrook to set him up, there will be no spacing. In fact, i think Gordon will be traded somewhere as well. It is not hate to just tell it how you see it, it is just an opinion. Some fans act as if we should love all of our players all the time.

19. Erbnwarfare

Erbnwarfare Member

Its amazing yall want this poo platter for a all- time great.Those players we would get won't move the needle at all.
    I would take that Jrue Holliday package before excepting that weak Azz deal.

francis 4 prez likes this.
  20. TurtleBonzi

TurtleBonzi Member

At a day and age where every team tries to have an analytic advantage, I'd have a hard time transitioning from Harden to LeVert as our franchise player. Nice player, yes, but definitely wouldn't be in our best interests to have a volume scorer as our number one option. Just take a look at how that was with Westbrook.

I'm definitely intrigued by Dinwiddie, though. I think he would be a good fit, and he's an underrated playmaker.

joshuaao likes this.