1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

KOC: Charlotte has emerged as the most likely destination for Westbrook

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Tristan_fiore, Nov 17, 2020.

1. jev5555

jev5555 ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I feel bad for Silas. His first coaching gig is going to be a rebuild. This franchise is a circus.

2. rockets1995

rockets1995 Member

Why not Trade James Harden and Russell Westbrook to Charlotte for the #3 Pick and others.

3. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Yes, a lot of this has already been discussed, and likely what I’m posting below.

Charlotte was dead last in attendance last season. MJ might be desperate to get a superstar that’ll put fans in those seats. It’s been posted several times already that Westbrook is involved with MJ’s line of shoes, so there is that. If it turns out that we aren’t moving Harden and just Russ, Rozier and Zeller works in a trade. We get a 1 and a 5, and Harden plays primarily at the 2. The Hornets might want a pick, or we might. Of course our 3 is now in Portland. Substitute Ariza.

Highly doubtful scenario and very likely already discussed. I’m just mulling over possibilities and entertaining myself.

#23 Deckard, Nov 17, 2020
    Last edited: Nov 17, 2020
  4. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

How legit?

Rudyc281 likes this.
  5. finsraider

finsraider Member

don’t be so sure. If Harden is gone, the ball goes into Westbrook’s hands 100% of the time. If he starts the season off big, his trade value will increase and we could actually get some really good assets in return for him.

Hardens value will never be higher than it is now. That isn’t necessarily true for Westbrook.

UTSA2step likes this.
  6. finsraider

finsraider Member

nothing they send us will be more valuable than just keeping Westbrook. They can’t provide immediate cap relief or picks...just a bunch of role players at non-premium positions.

pass

Rudyc281 likes this.
  7. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

Lol no. They already gave up their capital to OKC

8. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

Batum, 3rd pick, filler

or kthxbai

Rudyc281 likes this.
  9. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

yeah I get that. Just saying harden has a market and wants to go. something will work itself out either now or at the deadline.

Westbrook doesn't have a market. if you have to attach a draft pick or two to move him, its not worth it. even if its just a salary dump, its not worth it. if that's the case then you keep him until you can receive an asset for him. that doesn't preclude harden from being traded. so there is a chance, albeit not our best option, that we end up with only Westbrook if only for a year until he's worth more.

10. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

What if Russ is worth less? That’s more likely, imo. Westbrook has to be moved if Harden is going. Being left with Russ and with no Harden would ruin my sleep for the several months!

Easy and ROXTXIA like this.
  11. YOLO

YOLO Member

that's the problem he doesn't have a market because his value sucks. and the fact that he wants out makes it that much worse.

12. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

if we can get Zubac, who's 23 and a starting level player, then I'm interested. for comparison the Knicks are hoping to draft Obi Toppin #8, who's 1 year younger than zubac, and by all accounts has a Jeff green ceiling, and they consider that pick too valuable to include for rus. zubac is the better prospect. he'd probably go 7-12 in this draft even at 23.

say we do bev/lou/zubac for rus and dinwiddie/levert/allen/picks for harden

we can create a really nice package of ending contracts (ariza/pj/lou) promising players (levert/allen), and picks to make a big play for someone like beal. find me more picks and ending contacts for Bev and dinwiddie and we might be able to find another similar player to pair him with.

its a huge amount of assets for us to use when the time is right.

raining threes likes this.
  13. YOLO

YOLO Member

nope. no way the rockets deal harden before westbrick. if they do, that just speaks to the stupidity of stone, tilman, and patrick than anything else

14. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

As if the election and Covid-19 weren't enough to keep you on edge.

Deckard and Corrosion like this.
  15. finsraider

finsraider Member

OKC dealt their most valuable player first (George) before trading Westbrook. Same could happen here is all I’m saying.

if Harden is moved for a supermassive offer, and Tillman wants to stay relevant, I could see it.

lilbird20 likes this.
  16. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

No kidding.

17. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

exactly why I'm afraid we're stuck with him.

although I'd see if the clippers would do. zubac, Bev, Lou, shamet, mann, 2027 FRP (when it becomes available to trade).

18. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

would you be willing to attach assets to move him? what assets to we have? the 2 picks we just got? the 2022 or 2023 pick that ours? just to move him with nothing coming back? no thanks I'd rather keep him. he'll average 30-10-10 and we can trade him for at least a pick next summer.

19. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

It'd be funny if we trade Westbrook for Batum. Morey traded Batum for Joey Dorsey. That's one of the worse draft day moves Morey did.

20. YOLO

YOLO Member

while possible sure but pg13 wanted out first. It left westbrick all alone but okc would have kept him if they could.