1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

You guys are the ones keeping me here

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by rockbox, Nov 17, 2020.

1. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

I've been reading Clutchfans since the clutchcity.com days. I hate to say it but I will reach the end of the road with my Rocket's fandom once Harden is traded. I just can't support Tilman and I don't have the city loyalty I once had since I haven't lived in H-town since 91. Les was a carpet bagger but I think he was at least a decent human being. I can't say the same for Tilman.

You guys are the only reason I come back to Clutchfans everyday. Even though, I don't participate in the D&D threads much anymore, it's where I go to get an honest take and discussion on current affairs. This is where I go to learn about new TV shows. This is where I go to get advice about BBQ and cars. You guys are fam. So even though I won't be participating in the team forum anymore, I will probably be coming to Clutchfans until the day Clutch calls it quits.

2. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

Yea I’m gonna stop posting in the GARM. Don’t let it be because of harden though, he doesn’t deserve your loyalty.

I won’t spend on the rockets while Tully owns them

3. TWS1986

TWS1986 SPX '05, UH' 19

Well man, I hope you decide to come back one day. I wouldn't leave just because of Harden being traded, but that's only me. You seem like you feel differently. I just probably won't watch the Rockets a ton. I do agree Tilman is a piece of garbage and it's hard to root for a team under his ownership.

Like you, I come here for a variety of reasons. I somewhat enjoy the D&D to keep me informed on politics, I like the hangout for talking about random ****. I enjoy the Astros subforum. I'm not as active in the Rockets forum these days, which I always found ironic considering this is a basketball first BBS. I enjoy it here though.

4. VooDooPope

VooDooPope Love > Hate
    Supporting Member

Tilman can't keep me away from the Rockets but he sure has run this team into the ground quickly. It looks like there are dark days ahead for both the Rockets and the Texans.

I'm too old for too many rebuilds so I was hoping Harden would lead us back to the promised land (damn that CP3 injury). I can't blame him for wanting to go. I wouldn't trust Tilman to turn this around.

But yeah. Clutchfans is one of my first internet stops of the day and Tilman can't ruin that.

5. STR8Thugg

STR8Thugg STR8Thugg Member

The GARM is a pretty awful place if we are being honest.

Even during good times there is so much BS on there that I try to avoid it. As much as I hate Fertitta, and as worried as I am that Harden could be traded, I am still hopeful for the Rockets' future.

Sajan, FrontRunner, jiggyfly and 2 others like this.
  6. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Can you change your avatar pic? It makes me uncomfortable every time I see it. It does not spark joy.

7. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

we will see.

no one feels super great about rockets but its also a result of pessimistic thinking. day 1 roster is whats important. we will see then for now team is good and lots of negative speculation.

the rockets section here practically unbearable can you imagine an actual bad team?

this site has been good in election for somewhat varied news outside of reddit, twitter.

there are some nice people here like @RayRay10

FrontRunner and jiggyfly like this.
  8. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

The hangout is where its at breh.

9. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

Even Clutch has abandoned his site in favor of Twitter.

10. boomboom

boomboom I GOT '99 PROBLEMS
    Supporting Member

I thought it was my manly musk that brought most of you around. Turns out it was the people...the relationships...the love.

Manly musk.

Jontro likes this.
  11. Jontro

Jontro Member

can't we all be ariza fans?

Ubiquitin and arkoe like this.
  12. jayhow92

jayhow92 Member

Maybe the real clutchfans was the friends we made along the way

13. Asian Sensation

We’ve seen many franchise players come and go. In the end Harden was just another guy. Seeing him in another uniform won’t be nearly as painful as this ****.

[​IMG]

14. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

I still can't believe what's going on in GARM.

It's been a month long hoax that started in Philly...

jiggyfly and snowconeman22 like this.
  15. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Damn. Never considered that.

16. droxford

droxford Member

I've been a Rockets (and NBA) fan since I was in diapers, literally. My dad would watch Rockets games and I (as a baby) would try to take his beer and drink it.

... until 2020. When NBA players refused to show up to games as protest, and when the NBA started splattering social justice messages across floors and jerseys, I'd had enough.

I don't care about the NBA or the Rockets. That might change in the future if I feel that NBA players get over themselves, but the NBA (including Rockets) has completely lost me as a fan.

Jontro likes this.
  17. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

LOL

18. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

My excitement for sports ebbs and flows, but I still love the Rockets at heart. The early 2000's were a rough time
    [​IMG]

19. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

I hope you stick around, at least in here, if not in the other forums. Who knows? Maybe Fertitta’s leveraged “empire” will go belly up and he’ll be forced to sell the team, hopefully to a real billionaire. Elon Musk is investing heavily in Texas, so perhaps he’d be interested. Time will tell. As for me, the Rockets are my one social media addiction. I spend too much time absorbing a host of news sources, but it isn’t the same thing. I’ve followed the Rockets since they drafted Elvin Hayes. I’m in too deep!
    ;-)

Nook likes this.
  20. Jontro

Jontro Member

agreed, but you can still stay for the forum. the hangout is great again.

Nook likes this.