1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Live Rockets Discussion
    Before the NBA playoffs resume Friday night, we're talking Rockets, including individual team awards. We're live NOW!

Talking Rockets - LIVE!

Bless you, James Harden!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by swedish-olajuwon, Nov 17, 2020.

1. YOLO

YOLO Member

i mean that's what literally every marquee star in the league says. even lebron had to plan out who he was going to play with to win.

HP3 likes this.
  2. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Yeah and Lebron chose a player that compliments his style in AD. Harden chose the most inefficient volume scorer in the modern NBA.

3. Pringles

Pringles Member

If we knew Harden was going to bounce a year after him and Tilman traded our future for his best friend, I would have told them to trade him jimmy Butler. That an took his team to the ****ing finals in year one with a bunch of young players and rookies.

4. YOLO

YOLO Member

Per cf’s he made the overwhelmingly right decision though

HP3 likes this.
  5. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

Lebron plays on 3 year deals where he has an out if things go south. He’s been doing that since 2007. MIami, Cleveland (with Kyrie) and now with the Lakers. Lebron doesn’t do mediocre for long. He wouldn’t have played in Houston as long as James has for sure. The teams weren’t talented enough.

Reeko likes this.
  6. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

And lost to the same team that Harden did. Butler didn’t “Take” them anywhere. That MIami bunch Is a talented Bunch.

split41 likes this.
  7. RHU525

RHU525 Member
    Supporting Member

He can't win a ring because our owner pissed away all our depth and draft capital to save money. Not to mention every championship team has multiple stars now.

HP3 likes this.
  8. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

He did that because that's the player Harden wanted! Now he wants to leave after 1 ****ing season? GTFO James. You playoff chocking Diva.

9. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

Screw anyone who isn't a Rocket.

Dacamel likes this.
  10. Mattician

Mattician Member

It just sucks the Warriors were the Warriors during Harden's time with Houston.

I don't blame James Harden or any other players for wanting to leave. I wouldn't want to play for the Rockets or Texans right now.

James Harden deserves a championship. I just hope it's not with the Warriors or Lakers.

HP3 likes this.
  11. homewight

homewight Contributing Member

No one deserves anything. You have to take it. NBA stars have figured this out, hence all these stars cheating by making plans and recruiting outside NBA rules.

12. Mr. Space City

Harden sneezed?

13. RHU525

RHU525 Member
    Supporting Member

Dude has been so loyal to Houston since he's been here. What's left for him to be loyal to. Our GM is gone, coach is gone. Basically roster is in shambles. Surprised he didn't bounce way before this.

HP3 likes this.
  14. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

Harden destroyed the rockets ......

HP3 likes this.
  15. HP3

HP3 Member

Gosh man, it never fails with how trash this place can be. Yall switch up so quick lol, actually Im sorry most of it is just the usual suspects who have pretty much always had poor basketball takes.

RocketsSZN likes this.
  16. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Yes, by breaking up what was the best team in the history of the franchise by pushing CP3 out and forcing a trade for his buddy Westbrook.

That one move destroyed the near term future of the franchise leading to the GM bailing since there were no moves left to be made to improve the team and all of the players wanting out so as to not waste the next half decade (or more) on a rebuilding team.

REEKO_HTOWN likes this.
  17. topfive

topfive CF OG

That's a spectacularly lazy take.

True Rocket and HP3 like this.
  18. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

I disagree as I think that harden is not culpable for that trade . I think it’s mainly Tilman . Imo harden is too smart to force that trade . Tilman on the other hand ...

HP3 likes this.
  19. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

There's no way Tilman would have forced the trade if it wasn't for Harden demanding he do so. Harden didn't get along with CP3 and he wanted him gone so he used his status as the team's best player to get the owner to force the trade he wanted.

I think people just want to blame Fertitta so they can deflect from what Harden did to sabotage the team. It's easy to demonize the owner for numerous reasons, but this situation was 100% caused by Harden and there's no owner in the league who would have told Harden no.

20. jeevinesh

jeevinesh Member

Not better than Hakeem. Dream dominated the centers of the league in an era where centres were the focal point of offenses. And he won DPOYs.

So it's not close. And it's not about rings either