1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Bless you, James Harden!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by swedish-olajuwon, Nov 17, 2020.

1. swedish-olajuwon

Plenty of emotions at the moment for Rockets fans. Crappy owner and a former GM who was very close but could not put up enough talent on the court to see the Rockets win.

James Harden, the second best player in franchise history busted his as with less talented players against superb teams like GSW, OKC (with both KD and Russ) and now vs the Lakers.

Never did he act like a drama queen and stir problems for the Rockets with unhappy comments.

I love the Rockets but I hope that James does not end up without a ring like guys like Barkley, Ewing and Malone. Would be very happy for him if he manages to win somewhere else, he deserves better than crappy Tillman.

2. gogispade

gogispade Member

I wish him all the best too. He deserves it. Playing with KD & Kyrie is better than every squad he has had here in Htown.

Still hoping that the front office will change his mind and keep him home. AND BRING HIM SOME SUPPORT!

3. RHU525

RHU525 Member
    Supporting Member

Totally agree. When we first got James Harden I didn't like the trade at all. Never thought he'd amount to much of anything. Then as you keep watching and you realize he's something special. The way he drew fouls was a thing of art. The way he changed the game with his step back three. How he scored at such an effortless and efficient clip night in and night out. How people started guarding him from behind and trapping him at half court. I really hope we do him a solid and trade him to a team where he wins a ring.

The only knock I have on Harden is his demeanor when closing out games, but I maybe crazy to say this and everyone will miss him when he's gone. But he just might be the best Rocket of all time and yea even better than Hakeem. People won't give him the credit cuz for some reason Rings are all that matters. Even though this is a team sport and the cast we've surrounded him with through the years wasn't the best. One CP3 injury really changed his history here, but Hakeem never had to beat 5 all stars and 3 refs in the playoffs.

RocketsSZN likes this.
  4. True Rocket

True Rocket Member

Your better than me. Harden will go from my favorite player of all time to my most hated.

5. treyk3

treyk3 Member

If he gets us 3 Picks + 2 swaps + Ben Simmons + Thybulle... I agree, bless James Harden... If not? He can stay here and be blessed on the Rockets until someone offers an equivalent package. We are in deep **** without having picks in so many upcoming years.

OKC please do a take back trade. We will let you keep the 2026 pick just give us back the swaps and the 2024 pick.

HP3 and RocketsSZN like this.
  6. RocketRed84

RocketRed84 Member

Naw, screw him.

7. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Never hated or loved him but hell yeah he deserves a better owner for sure.

Might have been too hard on him at times.

Some of us deserve a better boss.

8. treyk3

treyk3 Member

we all deserve a better owner than Tilman even the worst people on here.

HP3 and daywalker02 like this.
  9. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Thanks for bringing your trash friend and leaving after one season with him. You took all the fine silver and our TVs too? How nice. you maxed out our credit cards? What a dude.

10. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

How long did you need to keep watching? He scored 82 points in his first two games lol

he was flat out amazing from the onset.

11. homewight

homewight Contributing Member

Nah. He's tossing H-town out like a used rubber. We put up with his play-off chokes, his aloofness, his stubbornness, his demands for CP3 and Westbrook, and now demanding a trade and for the team to take a bad deal. The Rockets have paid him an enormous amount of money. And have supported and defended him every ****ing step of the way. Then when it gets really hard and he'll really have to work, he pulls a Durant. The Rockets owe him nothing. I wish him nothing but losses and pain and certainly hope he never gets a ring.

charlieaustin and REEKO_HTOWN like this.
  12. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

Wish him the best? He screwed us. These player only fans smh.

**** you james, hope you don’t win anything with that shitty attitude of yours. The fans that like you more than the team can leave with you to Charlotte or wherever

#12 LosPollosHermanos, Nov 17, 2020
    Last edited: Nov 17, 2020
  13. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I'm a fan of the franchise he destroyed, not a fan of the player who destroyed it. I don't care what happens to him, but I'd prefer it if he never won anything after pulling what he pulled.

homewight, hajkov and REEKO_HTOWN like this.
  14. J.R.

J.R. Member

15. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

If he loves the fans of Houston he'll be happy that we got the best return for him rather than forcing himself on the Nets and getting nowhere near his value in return.

I can't see how he would be upset about Philly. Him and Morey seem to have a great relationship and he gets to finally play with a top ten player in his athletic prime.

16. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

The organization screwed themselves. It's the same crap over & over in Houston man. The franchises here don't get you need more than one great player. (except for the Astros) They get one get player and then nothing, worse than that they blame the guy for not winning. Say goodbye to JJ Watt this offseason on the football side as well. Hell the Texans should just save time and trade Deshaun too. Ownership in this city is a joke.

cur.ve likes this.
  17. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

He's not better than Dream dude. Just stop. And I love Harden's game.

Bobbythegreat and REEKO_HTOWN like this.
  18. Hank McDowell

Hank McDowell Member

Tilman sucks. Yes, we all know that, but he just offered Harden almost a million dollar a WEEK extension and he still wants out? Man, **** him then. Send his ass out of here for the best offer you can get ASAP.

bballjunkie and hajkov like this.
  19. RHU525

RHU525 Member
    Supporting Member

I am not saying he is, just saying you can't just dismiss it anymore. What he did in the 2018-2019 regular season was probably the greatest individual season in Rockets history. He is soo far ahead of Hakeem offensively that it is close. Bringing in defense, Hakeem is by far the greatest all around player, but Harden's offense alone gives him a case.

James Harden plus anyone is a 50 win team and that says a lot about him as a player.

20. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

it says so much about him he feels he can’t win a ring without being with Durant and Kyrie.

harden is the biggest beta star