1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets goal is to make it work with Westbrook and Harden

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Tristan_fiore, Nov 15, 2020.

1. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Are we still trying to make it work?

YOLO and Pringles like this.
  2. Pringles

Pringles Member

I hope so.

3. HoustonTexas

HoustonTexas Member

just noise to keep trade value the highest

4. Will

Will Clutch Crew
    Supporting Member

It appears that Fertitta traded away a bunch of picks and swaps to please his superstar player, failing to understand that the superstar player, having imposed those liabilities on the franchise, could escape them by forcing his way off the team.

That's just bad business management.

5. fadeawayjae

fadeawayjae Member

Keep Harden, I don't want to see our team with any losing seasons for who knows how long.

6. treyk3

treyk3 Member

you mean to tell me the brilliant mind in charge of the RAINFOREST CAFE makes bad decisions?

WELL **** ME THEN.

[​IMG]

joshuaao, daywalker02 and D-rock like this.
  7. Stephen_A

Stephen_A Member

You know with all this talk in the media about Harden and Westbrook wanting their input on the GM hiring I never heard of players selecting their GM of choice.
    What do players know about the position to have input? Its quite ridiculous. Why not let the personnel folks handle that. Another thing I want to say is why do most fans think GM decisions are made in a bubble? They are discussed and worked upon as a team. That is why you have several assistants on your management team. Morey’s decisions weren’t just his own and Stone no doubt had a great deal of input. He even said this in the press conference during Silas’ introduction event. All these scenarios have been thought of and planned for. There should be no surprise in this situation where the stars are confused about the direction of the team which has had such a major overhaul. No surprise Harden doesn’t sign an extension. Doesn’t mean he wants a trade to the Nets. The media is inciting the public drawing up stories and links that are not necessarily fact based and conjecture. At the end of the day none of this is new news or surprising. Its just normal business.

bmelo and daywalker02 like this.
  8. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

If the Rockets are moving on and rebuilding, I think it is the right decision.

Now, let me explain. I don't have much faith in the FO here anymore, let's get that out of the way, but a rebuild at this point is necessary.

Harden declined an extension, he's not coming back. He has the most value he will ever have right now. We trade him next year? He gets to choose what team he wants to play for and thus he has all the leverage to force his way to a team or we risk losing him for nothing. I think it is clear Harden wants to win.

Keeping him here isn't getting that done. Not with this team as is. So we have to move on, when he declined the extension and made his intentions clear, he did us a favor. Now, we should be able to get a king's ransom for him, if not, oh well...but I think the Rockets will if they are competent (and time will tell if Stone/Tilman FO can be successful) but if we are going to rebuild this is the year to do it.

If we don't? Then maybe the Ariza trade is a precursor to getting Drummond or Blake or something else that might make Harden think about wanting to go elsewhere. Does that move the needle? Ehhhhhhh, depends again...on what Westbrook you get. If you get good Westbrook (if that still exists) and pair it with Harden + Drummond/Blake, maybe. Maybe you get close enough to try it again the next year with more depth.

Either way, man, we really throwing our first time GM and Coach into the fire.

joshuaao, blahblehblah and dockerland like this.
  9. HoustonWest

HoustonWest Member

It is, but also at the time it was a message to Harden essentially saying "This is your franchise and we'll do whatever you want to appease you".

**** Fertitta for his poor management, but also **** Harden if he does force a trade.

10. ksny15

ksny15 Member

Do what ever you want to appease you except spend money and go into the LT to make the team more competitive. And for the 10000000 time James was completely fine with CP3. The trade was Tilmans doing.

D-rock likes this.
  11. Asian Sensation

Ya’ll know what’s better than no playoffs? No James Harden playoff failures.

[​IMG]

12. D-rock

D-rock Member

F off you twat.

You've just confirmed that your personal agendas are more important than your Rockets fandom as we all suspected.

Congratulations, no more postseasons for the Rockets for a very long time.

13. Roomba

Roomba Member
    Supporting Member

You’d rather our team miss the playoffs? Really? Did James Harden steal your lunch money back in Grade 6 or something?

Better put your shirt back on after jerking yourself off to this news—your vendetta is showing.

14. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Dude got promoted, dude got more pressure, dude can be fired now.

It's that simple to me, no hard feelings or no need to over think his position.

Stephen_A likes this.
  15. Little Bit

Little Bit Member

You can’t say your goal is to make things work with Harden and Westbrook and then trade away the second most important player after Harden which is Covington. Doesn’t make sense. Covington was such a big part of this team going forward.

D-rock, daywalker02 and bro2044 like this.
  16. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

You do not start a rebuild by trading your defensive anchor for mediocre picks and some former lover.

You start it by getting rid of Eric Gordon, PJ Tucker(hate to say it), House the malcontent, and above all Westbrook first.

Drummond and Griffin are just bandaids and injury prone, not top tiers no more.

Simmons isn't Westbrook but he is exciting to watch and younger, at least his fastbreaks won't disappoint.

I admit Ben is an exciting player, not necessarily the messiah. I am not sure about his contract but it seems it's not steep.

D-rock likes this.
  17. Asian Sensation

[​IMG]

18. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I prefer the miniature dude from Geico.

19. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

True but Covington doesn't work without superstars.

They just got the sequence wrong and it was wrong to bring back old Ariza of all people.

Should have started with Gordon, Rivers if he is still under contract, I bet not, and Westbrook. Throw in Danuel.

It probably means Covington has Top 2 trade value which is actually sad.

20. Pandaemonaeon

Pandaemonaeon Member

If this is what you call "making it work", I'd hate to see what they consider implosion.

D-rock likes this.