1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Pre planned by Harden

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Pringles09, Nov 16, 2020.

1. Pringles09

Pringles09 Member

OK so harden wanted westbrook traded to Houston to play with him. He knew that if they failed in the chase for a title he could talk to westbrook about wanting out. Harden then would say "if westbrook is gone, I'm not playing here anymore" because he knows if you trqde westbrook you are trading his best friend and not getting back value to still be a contender in his eyes . Harden knows he can't win anything with westbrook, but fans will look at Tilman as the bad guy here and cut him slack. It is a great chess move by harden to not look bad in the media.

Rocketeer4Life and hakeem94 like this.
  2. riko

riko Member

Exactly.. the hogwash about playing style was not true. Russ knew harden had no interest in staying so he asked for a trade. Russ had no issues playing with James from December to March when he was playing career best ball

Rocketeer4Life, pr0wler and sammy like this.
  3. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

Can someone please get Tilman's kids off the bbs?

4. YOLO

YOLO Member

yeah apparently morey/mda were all part of it

[​IMG]

5. riko

riko Member

Nope this all Tillman the satanic creatures fault

Crashlanded19, D-rock and FrontRunner like this.
  6. YOLO

YOLO Member

i call bs. hes been great

7. dmoneybangbang

This isn't just Tillman..... but Harden too. I don't see why you do Harden the favor of trading him for lesser players. Building around WB is dumb.

fchowd0311 and Rocketeer4Life like this.
  8. J.R.

J.R. Member

9. bloodwings19

bloodwings19 Member

I blame the Dynamos. Now someone has to buy Harden’s share.

daywalker02 and hakeem94 like this.
  10. Reeko

Reeko Member

Tilman’s cheapness and meddling makes him look bad, he needs no help or “chess moves” from Harden

dobro1229, HP3 and D-rock like this.
  11. riko

riko Member

Says Feigan I still can’t believe he sold his journalistic integrity to write that fluff piece to save face for Tillman

12. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Media is gonna slurp Harden so much now that he's out of Houston. It's gonna be hilarious.

13. Tato1971

Tato1971 Member

Yes, I have no doubt that Tilman is a bad owner. But I find it hilarious how some continue to deny Morey and Harden's role in this whole mess. Morey was responsible for all the team transactions that have left us in this position (without picks, without cap space and with terrible contracts).
    On the other hand, the bad relationship between Harden and Paul determined the departure of Chris, then Harden pushed by the arrival of his friend Russell, then he pressed for the coach, and now again problems between the stars of the team? With which partner is Harden likely to get along?
    I repeat, I have no doubt that Tilman is a bad owner and he is responsible for the Rockets' present, but denying the incidence of Morey and Harden in this disaster is laughable.

14. YOLO

YOLO Member

what I find hilarious is theres still folks who still believe morey hasn't been in handcuffs for the last 2 years

arabrocket, HP3, Deckard and 3 others like this.
  15. Vivi

Vivi Member

Tilman is the worst **** ever, nobody should question this.

At the same time i find hilarious how some people really think Harden had no business in that awful CP3 trade, even if you think he just didn't care about being involved in the process for once :)rolleyes:), that would've been a mistake.

#15 Vivi, Nov 16, 2020
    Last edited: Nov 16, 2020
  16. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Morey gone, Harden gone, Tilman stays. Worst possible outcome ever.

We are in for a long, long winter...Unbelievable.

17. topfive

topfive CF OG

Newsflash: Tilman IS the bad guy.

Bo6, HP3, Deckard and 2 others like this.
  18. Ranny

Ranny Member

Let’s not get confused. Once Tillman bought the team, we were doomed....

.... however, i can totally see these guys secretly agreeing to this, maybe not before Westbrook's trade, but perhaps once they realized they were not winning a chip together, perhaps in the bubble. It is also totally feasible that at that time they knew Morey was leaving, and he advised them on how to proceed.

If this is real, then the plan was to get Harden out of Houston to a contender. They were likely expecting Russ to be very difficult to move for a good value and thus the Rox be forced to keep Russ and trade Harden. In their best-case scenario, Russ gets to once again be the man on his own team, average monstrous numbers and exit in the first round, and Harden goes to a contender, preferably in the East.

It does make total sense…. but none of this would have happened if Tillman would have not bought the team and be the clueless ******* that he is.

topfive likes this.
  19. Newlin

Newlin Member

Yes, it makes perfect sense. Why didn’t I see this?

20. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Lol

Rocket River