1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Harden pushing for Nets trade

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Tristan_fiore, Nov 16, 2020.

1. lionaire

lionaire Member

Good for him. Always felt like he deserved better. He needs a ring to validate his career and we can't help him with that.

It's been a good run boys.

BeBreezy likes this.
  2. jayhow92

jayhow92 Member

This would be the best case scenario. This is the only option I would consider for trading prime Harden on a multi-year deal remaining.

3. Der Rabbi

Der Rabbi Member

To the best of my knowledge no one has died in the Toyota Center

BeBreezy, zksb09 and D-rock like this.
  4. matchesmalone

matchesmalone Member

I guess it’s official now /s

Rudyc281 likes this.
  5. RocketsFido

RocketsFido Member

I predicted as such.

Harden was doing us a solid by telling Shams that he's committed to the season, in order not to tank his trade value but I'm sure he told our FO behind closed doors that he wants out.

Now that our FO keeps enforcing the idea that we are not blowing it up, it's forced his hand. Harden now leaking that he wants out of here so he gets traded before season starts.

Morey can even do us a solid by dealing us an all-star + a huge package in return but dumbass Tilman probably is salty about Morey so he refused to trade Harden to the 76ers.

Our franchise is ****ed if we're forced take that horrible Nets deal.

FA/Trades can be completed starting today 12pm ET so we're probably going to be hearing a lot of teams engaged in talks for Harden.

6. Nook

Nook Member

Well......... Harden was very close to Daryl Morey and he left the franchise because it is toxic.......... Harden was close to MDA and he left the franchise because it is toxic........... Harden's good friend Westbrook has asked to be traded because the owner is toxic......... Harden's other friend on the team, PJ Tucker is angry at the team.

So why exactly would Harden want to stick around? The vast majority of the people he had a relationship with on the Rockets are either gone or trying to leave....

Besides would you rather play with .......... Covington and a pissed off Tucker or ........ KD, IRVING and MDA ?

The truth is that Harden is an extremely loyal guy, but the people he is loyal to are GONE.

No one has any faith in Tilman or his rookie coach and rookie GM........

BeBreezy, HP3, slothy420 and 7 others like this.
  7. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

The Rockets should tell any team that calls them to get the Wolves involved. We're trading Harden with like 3 years left on his deal, we better be getting a top 5 pick back. Wolves are not set on keeping it, I understand why, there isn't no clear #1 in this draft but if we're rebuilding I happily take Edwards, Lavert, and whatever decent young players we can nab and rebuild.

malakas and Vivi like this.
  8. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

the front office should not trade harden anytime soon. let a bidding war build up over weeks/months. he would be the greatest player to come up on the trading block since probably moses malone

BHannes2BHonest and D-rock like this.
  9. Pringles

Pringles Member

This is pretty official right? I mean it seems like the Houston front office will not be saying a single word nor Harden and Westbrook.

This has be one of the most gut wrenching year (2020) for Houston sports fan.

BeBreezy likes this.
  10. tmac2therack

tmac2therack Member

I’m going to be sick

FrontRunner likes this.
  11. riko

riko Member

Feigns fluff piece was nothing more to save face

BeBreezy, malakas and Nook like this.
  12. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

Why would Minny want Kyrie though? he's a disaster anywhere he is or even worse "THINKS" he is the best player on the team.

MPJ would be a solid piece back, but beyond that they don't have enough.

Vivi likes this.
  13. Mr. Space City

let me just log off before i say something about tillman fertitta that gets me cancelled.

have a nice day clutchfans.

BHannes2BHonest, HP3 and D-rock like this.
  14. riko

riko Member

Tillman was sent from hell

15. rockets1995

rockets1995 Member

Need the Top picks in the Draft regardless of how bad the Draft is.

Good thing the draft is not here yet.

16. apollo33

apollo33 Member

Wait you are telling me Harden doesn't have faith in Patrick playing on his 2k20 MyGM

Nook likes this.
  17. rockets1995

rockets1995 Member

I blame Leslie Alexander.

SORF likes this.
  18. Anonymous8

Anonymous8 Member

How the **** has this been a good run? Not even a finals appearance despite all the talent we’ve had over the years.

Tristan_fiore likes this.
  19. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Minny wants another all-star, I don't think they have a right to be picky. Guys aren't going to go there of their own free will.

They have Kyrie, DLo, Kat. Nah, it ain't winning championships but I don't think that's the owner's goal there.

Getting Edwards in Minny is a complete unknown. Edwards is an unknown. Another athletic wing with questionable shooting and defense. For Edwards, it comes down to his drive if he wants to improve as a player or become another Wiggins, MKG, or you name any other wing prospect with questionable defense and or shooting.

Vivi likes this.
  20. D-rock

D-rock Member

Worst unemployment since great depression, most racial unrest since the 60's and 250,000 dead due to an unchecked pandemic say otherwise.

Oh, and refusing will of the people by not conceding loss of presidency which has never been done in history of US.