1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Fired Jack Easterby

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by coachbadlee, Nov 11, 2020.

1. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

Again, Easterby is a placeholder. He will be gone after the season.

2. DonnyMost

DonnyMost not wrong
    Supporting Member

I think we've all seen enough incompetence out of the top of the pyramid to know that the only real solution here is for the McNairs to sell the team.

Otherwise they'll just hire another Easterby.

Ottomaton, Hey Now! and SWTsig like this.
  3. lnchan

lnchan Sugar Land Leonard

...that's... incredibly... optimistic.

STR8Thugg likes this.
  4. Whenitsover

Whenitsover Member

I can guarantee this is not the case. He will have more power after the coach/GM hirings than he has now. Make no mistake, league circles know to avoid this job, there is a snake in the grass.

Odds are good to great that he will be in a decision making capacity, either GM or having the GM reporting directly to him moving forward.

McNair likes Easterby and trusts him with the franchise. Like it or not, this is our immediate future for the time being until the real problem is removed, the McNair family.

STR8Thugg likes this.
  5. Texanstradamus

no GM is coming in to work for easterby I’m sorry the GM will have the control i don’t think Cal would bring some one in to be under a guy with no football resume other than character building it has been stated by Cal himself

6. Buck Turgidson

Dude keeps saying this...over...and...over...and...over...and...

going on about 2 years now?

I'll believe it when I see it.

lnchan likes this.
  7. STR8Thugg

STR8Thugg STR8Thugg Member

Why are you so sure?

If so, then fine, and I'll shut up about it.

I think there is a good chance he remains. He's cozied up to McNair, and he's not going quietly into the night.

lnchan and fchowd0311 like this.
  8. STR8Thugg

Remember when we wanted Les to sell the Rockets?

9. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

It's so easy to cozy up to ideologically conservative boomers. Hence why they are so prone to online grifting and right wing news media. Cal is probably a clueless old boomer who has no real world experience and is easily fooled by people like Easterby.

Hey Now!, SWTsig and STR8Thugg like this.
  10. lnchan

lnchan Sugar Land Leonard

Who is this "we"?

STR8Thugg likes this.
  11. STR8Thugg

I have been trying really, really hard the past 6 months to be a calmer, less spiteful, less petty and vindictive person. I think personal growth is important, and it's something I've tried to place an emphasis on this year...

Jack Easterby literally brings out every single emotion of hatred my mind and body can handle. There are no words to describe exactly how much I "hate" this snake oil salesman. I find myself literally wishing bad things upon this character, which I know is not right, but I cannot help it. I absolutely can't stand him. I need him gone, out of my football team, out of the city of Houston, out of the entire state of Texas.

For the love of God Jack, go the **** away. Go on a pilgrimage to Jerusalem. Go to Mongolia for all I care, just GET THE **** OUT OF MY CITY AND AWAY FROM MY FOOTBALL TEAM YOU ****ING PIECE OF ****.

12. STR8Thugg

Fair, I didn't really want it, or have much of an opinion either way. I didn't think he was a great owner, nor was he a terrible owner.

However, it was pretty commonplace to see the obligatory "Le$$", "cheap ass owner", "le$ needs to go" nonsense.

I typically find it to be a lazy-ass take when you just say: "[insert owner's name here] NEEDS TO SELL THE TEAM!!! THEY ARE THE REAL PROBLEM!!!"

I am willing to give Cal a chance. It's basically his first year, and by all accounts he isn't his dad. He did ship O'Brien out rather quickly for what it's worth, something Bob likely wouldn't have done - at least not after 4 games.

If you are a fan of the Bengals, Knicks, and Tilman-led Rockets (there are probably more, but idk off the top of my head), I think it's generally fair to say **** the owner.

#32 STR8Thugg, Nov 16, 2020
    Last edited: Nov 16, 2020
  13. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

Again, Y’all are overestimating Easterby’s relationship with Cal.

14. DonnyMost

DonnyMost not wrong
    Supporting Member

I wasn't one of those people, boss.

STR8Thugg likes this.
  15. STR8Thugg

And if you're wrong you'll just move the goal post.

I'm glad you are so confident.

DonnyMost likes this.
  16. HillBoy

HillBoy Contributing Member

I have to agree. We've already seen what's to come with the dismissal of Amy Palcic because she "didn't fit the culture". This trainwreck is just beginning...

17. Sooty

Sooty Contributing Member

Go reach out to the Texans execs. Obviously not Amy Palcic but everyone else.

18. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Yes and not long after big changes are happening. The same will happen here. We will be better off.

19. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

I wouldn't be so confident in that...

20. vinsensual

vinsensual Member

My hope is that Romeo's steps down for 2021 and doesnt give them the option. Sure there's money but supposedly he had to be convinced to even reassume a position for 2020 and that was as an assistant. At 73/74, it is a lot to ask/assume to prep for a full season when he's only been HC for 5 games and there's a lot of losses still to endure for 2020 (and 2021 with the nfc west).