1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Random Houston Rocket Trade Ideas 2020-2021

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Tristan_fiore, Nov 3, 2020.

1. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

Welcome to the off season!!

2. thedude077

thedude077 Member

I would trade Westbrook to the Hornets for their 3rd pick, Terry Rozier and Cody Zeller.

Lloyd Estacio and D-rock like this.
  3. t-mac4bigmac

t-mac4bigmac Member

Indiana trade:
    Westbrook, Gordon
    For
    Brogdon (or Oladipo), Turner, McDermott

Philadephia trade:
    Harden, Tucker, McLemore
    For
    Simmons, Horford, Thybulle, Richardson

Turner / Horford / Caboclo
    Covington / Green / Carroll
    Richardson/ House / McDermott
    Brogdon / Thybulle / Frazier
    Simmons / Nwaba / Clemons

Indiana gets a superstar player to compensate for Oladipo leaving (or possibly convince him to stay to play with Westbrook), and Gordon also helps replace some of the scoring and defense with Brogdon leaving. Philadelphia, in win-now mode gets Harden to pair with Embiid, veteran Tucker, and elite shooting from McLemore.

I think Houston should take the opportunity to build around Ben Simmons, who could rise to another level on a new team without Embiid in the paint. Simmons would also bring a much-needed faster pace and ball movement to the game, in contrast to Harden's slow-it-down ISO offense which has been proven to be too predictable in the playoffs. This new lineup would have shooters to open up the floor for Simmons and great defenders at every position. Turner is a stretch 5 and shot-blocker, and same with Horford. Richardson and Brogdon are both underrated playmakers, and I think can be 2nd/3rd options on offense. Brogdon is also great as a secondary point guard. Oladipo is more dynamic and would be a clear second star, but I like Brogdon for his leadership and team chemistry. He's also proven to play big in the playoffs. We should keep Covington and have him on the floor with Thybulle as disruptive wing defenders. There's also flexibility in lineups to play big with Horford-Turner, or a Green-Covington front court when they want to play small ball. These new players also seem to be great locker room guys which is a plus. We would have one less superstar than last year, but this roster is more balanced, younger, and with reliable bigs in the front court.

matchesmalone likes this.
  4. matchesmalone

matchesmalone Member

This is pretty good

5. Tristan_fiore

Tristan_fiore Member

Supposedly they are not willing to include the 3rd overall pick in the draft. It would be for players only and possibly a future pick.

6. treyk3

treyk3 Member

Westbrook for Lauri Markkanen and Otto Porter Jr. Dunn with MLE.

Harden/ Dunn
    Eric / McLeMore
    RoCo / Nwaba
    OPJ / House/ Tate
    Markkanen/PJ/Bruno

Run it with that for a while and see how it works, If Harden still wants out trade him for Ben Simmons, Thybulle, Shake Milton and every single draft asset possible.

Simmons/Dunn
    Eric / Shake/ McLemore
    RoCo/ Thybulle/Nwaba
    OPJ / House/Tate
    Markkanen/PJ Bruno

7. D-rock

D-rock Member

RoCo is gone.

Deckard and saleem like this.
  8. TheSource

TheSource Member

CK Johnson and Why not? like this.
  9. conquistador#11

Simmons + furkan + pick + Tobias with 40% of his contract paid for by 76ers, plus Horford for harden and gordon. I'd do that and it's going to be the best offer you'd get. Nets have little. Make the trade for Paul George and Westbrook or Westbrook for Knicks pick. Now you make a nice free agent signing. Instantly a 50 win team. Who knows maybe you win 2 games versus the L.A. in the playoffs. I don't even know if horford is still with the 76ers. Do need a center

Center: horford or ibaka
    Pf: Paul George
    Sf: turkan
    Sg: tobias
    Pg: Simmons (learns how to shoot )
    6th man: rookie from the Covington trade & free agent

10. jch1911

jch1911 Member

Blow it up @D-rock

Trade #1: POR - HOU - IND
    HOU: Turner (IND) + 2021 POR FRP

POR: Covington (HOU)

IND: Ariza (POR) + House (HOU) + 2020 POR 16th

Trade #2: HOU - CHA - MIA - ORL
    HOU: Gordon (ORL) + Bamba (ORL) + Herro (MIA) + Nunn (MIA) + Robinson (MIA) + Silva (MIA) + Olynyk (MIA) + Graham (CHA) + Bridges (CHA) + Batum (CHA) + 2021 CHA FRP (unprotected) + 2023 CHA FRP (lottery protected) + 2025 MIA FRP (unprotected)

CHA: Westbrook (HOU) + Gordon (HOU) + Iguodala (MIA) + 2020 ORL 15th + 2022 ORL FRP (lottery protected)

MIA: Harden (HOU) + Tucker (HOU)

ORL: 2020 CHA 3rd + Rozier (CHA)

Rockets 2020 - 2021

Graham - Nunn - Clemons

Herro - Nwaba - McLemore

Robinson - Bridges - Jae'sen Tate (FA)

Gordon - Silva - Hartenstein (FA) or Vonleh (FA)

Turner - Bamba - Olynyk

I hate myself... lol

D-rock likes this.
  11. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

12. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

How would you feel about this trade @saleem

https://tradenba.com/trades/BCXPvrDl6

Houston in: Simmons-RJ Barrett-Mitchell Robinson-Shake Milton-Bobby Portis
    Houston out: Westbrook-Eric Gordon-McLemore

Knicks in: Westbrook-Horford
    Knicks out: Robinson Mitchell-Elfrid Payton-Wayne Ellington-Taj Gibson-RJ Barrett-Bobby Portis

76ers in: Elfrid Payton-Wayne Ellington-Taj Gibson-Eric Gordon-McLemore
    76ers out: Horford-Simmons-Shake Milton

Houston get to move Westbrook and Eric Gordon contracts. Ariza probably waived to bring in PG in FA
    and small Tucker extension. Shake Miilton-RJ Barrett-Ben Simmons-Mitchell Robinson will all get better. They are younger. Fit with Silas plays. Harden happy to play again for us (Rockets), as we show we mean to contend.

Knicks get Westbrook and Horford

76ers get some disposable contracts in Taj-Ellington (& McLemore) if needed. Morey has always
    liked Payton. 1st rd pick or 2. Draft talent to backup Embiid-Tobias Harris.
    Money to spend in FA because of disposable contracts. Relief from removing Simmons/Horford.

Any Thoughts?

#572 ApacheWarrior, Nov 17, 2020
    Last edited: Nov 17, 2020
  13. Juxtaposed Jolt

HOU - GSW trade.

HOU gets:
    - Andrew Wiggins
    - Kevon Looney
    - 2020 #2 overall pick
    - 2021 FRP
    - 2023 FRP
    - 2025 FRP

GSW gets:
    - James Harden

Would that be good? You'd set up GSW as another dynasty, but when that core ages, those FRPs will hopefully be pretty good.

14. Sen89

Sen89 Member

I think we can kiss the contending hopes goodbye after the Covington deal.

If Philly is out of the picture, I call up Boston for Jaylen Brown, 3-4 1sts, and Theis (I doubt they throw Smart in, but I'd happily take him over a few picks, and maybe throw in one of their young guys like RW3 or Grant Williams). I think Jaylen is underrated, and would surely get a chance to shine here (since he has had to share touches with Tatum/Kemba/Hayward etc in Boston). We'd be able to retool but remain semi-competitive (assuming we move some of our other guys for other young talent/picks).

Basically, I don't like the "win-now" camp because we're not going to get equal present-value for Harden/Russ (and didn't for Covington -- where we traded him for future-value). And I don't like the completely blow-it-up camp for picks because nobody wants a 5+ year rebuilding process, not to mention most of the teams interested in him will have mostly late 1sts to offer.

The answer is to gather a young centerpiece (Simmons? Jaylen?) who still has room to grow, get some other young assets, and accumulate picks to make up for all the ones we threw away.

15. Rockets FTW

Rockets FTW Member

jch1911 and D-rock like this.
  16. mac_got_this

mac_got_this Member

We need to be in the phone with Ainge to get Tatum

jch1911 and matchesmalone like this.
  17. mac_got_this

mac_got_this Member

They’ll be good for 4 more years with that core. Need to extend those first round picks out to 2030

18. jamisonrocket

jamisonrocket Member

[​IMG]

CK Johnson and D-rock like this.
  19. PersianRocket

PersianRocket Member

Harden to Brooklyn
    Kyrie + EG to Clippers
    PG to Warriors
    Wiggins, Dinwiddie, Harrell, #2, Minnesota 2021 pick from Warriors and 2 1sts from Brooklyn to Houston

Russ to Charlotte for Batum, Bridges, 2022 1st

PJ + #16 to Phoenix for Cam Johnson + #10

Draft Wiseman with 2, Kira Lewis with 10

20. lakersuck2

lakersuck2 Member

If we're trading Harden to the Nets anyway, I'd want the Nets to win it all so he gets his ring and the Lakers don't repeat. The skepticism on that Nets big 3 is really just the Kyrie Harden combo cause honestly KD and Harden are a match made in heaven. If we're tanking anyway, let's just give Bkn our spare contender parts so that they'll feel better about sending Kyrie to a third team who'll give us more stuff.

Given that, here's my idea:
    Houston out: Harden, Tucker, Gordon
    Houston in: Levert, Allen, 3 Bkn 1sts, Bkn pick swaps for in between years, #8, future Knicks pick, Ntilikina

Bkn out: Kyrie, Levert, Allen, butload of picks
    Bkn in: Harden, Tucker, Gordon, Randle

NYK out: Randle, Ntilinka, #8, future first
    NYK in: Kyrie

You can sub NYK for like Detroit or Orlando or Charlotte but that's the gist. I don't really want/need Dinwiddie and might not even want Allen really cause you'd have to pay him soon. If we're gonna tank I'd rather bottom out. Find a Westbrook trade for anything after that.

D-rock likes this.