1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Source: Harden will demand a trade if Westbrook leaves the team

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Eddie Cecco, Oct 18, 2020.

1. Asian Sensation

Are they gone yet?

Jontro and Cstyle42 like this.
  2. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

What he really sucks at is getting them to stay. He is definitely terrible at managing egos along with his.

Vivi, Jontro, Easy and 1 other person like this.
  3. Le$$

Le$$ Member

Watch out there thats lin fan only line lol.

D-rock likes this.
  4. D-rock

D-rock Member

I'm going to believe Harden being "locked in with the Rockets" until he says different.

Maybe I'm being naive but I refuse to let Tilman off the hook for this disaster of an offseason by shifting the negative narrative towards Harden OR any of the players.

This shitstorm is Tilly's doing, period.

TMac'n, Jontro, bj3175 and 6 others like this.
  5. pmac

pmac Contributing Member

I agree, this team has passed it's peak and retooling looks difficult with TF. But, we're in for some dark days unless we get a young all star in exchange. It would be hard for me to go back to the days of having a veteran "scrappy" team with no current or future championship aspirations.

I think Morey did a good job of letting Harden feel like he was playing GM. In the past, we pretty much always made the right personnel decisions given current information. It was only after TF came that the Morey was forced to follow through with moves that didn't make as much sense.

You get a young all star in and slowly build around him the right way. Hopefully, they'll be cheap enough for a while to prevent Tilman from meddling.

Easy and Will like this.
  6. HoustonCRT

HoustonCRT Member

I believe Harden will play his heart out as he always does, even if he has asked to be traded. But I also think it's inevitable. He's not going to want to go down on TIlman's sinking ship even though it seems that he loves Houston and badly wants to win here. He has to get a ring to solidify himself as an all-time great. It's likely that it won't happen here.

7. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

One more year doesn't mean one more year, if the organization could get something for him at the trade deadline, they would be stupid not to do it.

But yeah, Harden is the most laid back athlete, others would have already left.

That way it is going to drag out a little while unless something unexpected happens.

Expect Westbrook, Durant and others being in Harden's ear throughout the process.

8. roslolian

roslolian Member

You don't need insider access for something like this. Harden was the one who pushed for the trade to bring his homeboy in, you think he will be happy if the team ships WB out? Crazy if Fertits didnt realize that as well thats just common sense.

To be completely honest though IMO it is time to let Harden go and chase a ring somewhere. We aint winning **** with a rookie GM, coach and half the team in turmoil. Trade WB to NYC, trade Harden somewhere for high picks and lets jumpstart the rebuilding process. Lakers just got Schroeder they are gonna destroy the league with schroeder/rondo backcourt and AD/Lebron front court.

#208 roslolian, Nov 15, 2020
    Last edited: Nov 15, 2020
  9. Asian Sensation

IDGAF about what Craprah aka brabra thinks.

RocketRed84 and Le$$ like this.
  10. HP3

HP3 Member

Well they arent doing it unless they got a monstrous package as has been reported.

I wanna see what they get for Westbrook, before we decide to trade Harden. Best be sure, if we suck before the deadline, Harden will be gone.

daywalker02 and D-rock like this.
  11. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

This is common sense really.

12. TheSource

TheSource Member

https://twitter.com/pjfertitta?s=21

Anybody know if this is actually Tillman son? Mark Berman and Craig Ackerman follow him I just think it’s hilarious he’s liking tweets about rockets trades :D

D-rock likes this.
  13. HP3

HP3 Member

He's liking tweets that are making fun of the Brooklyn trade LOOOOL. Anybody have any doubts now?

D-rock and Ramo$e like this.
  14. HP3

HP3 Member

15. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

In @BraBra we trust

Jontro likes this.
  16. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

I don't care what he demands, we cow tied to him and it destroyed the chance for him to win a ring, same thing we did with TMac.....

DD

Jontro likes this.
  17. Htown Legend

Htown Legend Member

There isn’t a GM who values Harden more so than Daryl Morey. I love Harden. I love the Rockets. I love this city. We have hardly any draft picks for the future. Once Harden drops off we will be irrelevant and his value won’t be any higher than it is now. Westbrook wants out. We should break it up man. Build for the future, acquire young assets and draft picks. We gave it a good ass run. And having harden made it feel like we had a shot every damn year since he’s been here.

Jontro likes this.
  18. Dacamel

Dacamel Member

In Paul Silas we trust...only because he will be our only hope

19. Jontro

Jontro Member

joke's on harden... we're trading him and keeping turtle

20. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

So Harden demanded Westbrook leave because he doesn't want to play with him but also demanded he leave because he won't play without him....seems legit!

D-rock likes this.