1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Russell Westbrook wants out of Houston

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by treyk3, Nov 11, 2020.

1. ksny15

ksny15 Member

I don’t believe that at all but that would be extremely good value

2. rhino17

rhino17 Member

can we get Pat in that deal?

Paul george sucks too

3. SoupTent3

SoupTent3 Member

I strongly agree. Harden can go to. I feel as if Harden in his mind, thinks he's above everyone else and the team. The front office to the ownership, don't have to consult him on a damn thing. They don't play for him, he plays for them.

dmenacela likes this.
  4. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

Pls send to portland so they can send us lillard then.

5. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I believe that's in the past and he has like 1 or 2 years. Might get injured again.

We said the same things about CP3 I know yet I think CP3 is the better teammate.

The East seems to be weak but a lot of those middle of the pack teams have similar records.

#805 daywalker02, Nov 14, 2020
    Last edited: Nov 14, 2020
  6. Vivi

Vivi Member

Who wouldn't? Seriously, George is and always has been the perfect fit next to Harden if we're talking about stars, that's because he doesn't need the ball in his hands but he can create when he has it, great shooter, he can make big shots, great defender on 4 positions, i mean...perfect.

I was really sad when we couldn't get him once he was asking out of Indiana and OKC got him, we tried but Oladipo was just more interesting then Gordon unfortunately.

YOLO and hakeem94 like this.
  7. Reeko

Reeko Member

Aside from this sounding way too good to ever be true, where would this 1st round pick be coming from? The Clippers don’t have control of their pick until 2027.

I give ScoopB a F- for this one

Sajan, YOLO and krmclaughlin like this.
  8. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

We just have to wait and see what the new GM is made of.

D-rock and Corrosion like this.
  9. J.R.

J.R. Member

Future (and former) Rocket Nicolas Batum ;)

snowconeman22, treyk3 and Vivi like this.
  10. treyk3

treyk3 Member

I mean Batum/ Miles Bridges / pick #3 is about as good of a haul as we could imagine if Russ is actually traded.

D-rock likes this.
  11. HoustonCRT

HoustonCRT Member

We'd be lucky to get Bridges. We're not getting a lottery pick for Westbrook.

12. treyk3

treyk3 Member

Then we should not trade him. It’s that simple. Sometimes the best move is no move. There’s an obsession with doing something just to do it. Make Russ take a breather and give it another go.

BHannes2BHonest, DVauthrin and D-rock like this.
  13. icewill36

icewill36 Member

i still dont believe russ for PG. PG must have seriously rubbed people the wrong way for that to happen. i dont think kawhi would want westbrook but i feel like they wouldnt do it without him somewhat signing off on it.

D-rock likes this.
  14. Caprah

Caprah Member

His playoffs performance has rubbed everyone the wrong way

15. icewill36

icewill36 Member

he didnt play well honestly Doc probably lost them the series by playing montrell so much and he was getting destroyed. zubac was having his way when he was in. PG is no doubt the better fit and it seems much smarter to just run it back, especially since they have a new coach that has coached a team to a title.

but then again that coach was on the staff and maybe he knows more than we do about that locker room and feels it needs someone like russ there.

16. Caprah

Caprah Member

No PG pls now that Harden wants out. We need picks

D-rock likes this.
  17. D-rock

D-rock Member

No thanks to Batum.

Give me Rozier, Bridges and #3.

18. J.R.

J.R. Member

https://www.theringer.com/nba/2020/...ts-may-need-to-trade-james-harden-but-why-now

However, multiple league sources say interest in Westbrook is minimal. Last week, I reported that the Clippers and Knicks are interested in trading for him. But interest doesn’t mean anything more than just that. Most teams don’t need a starting point guard. And every team is scared off by Westbrook’s bloated contract (worth $44.2 million annually for the next three seasons), injury history, and polarizing playing style. At his best, he’s a fantastic playmaker who pushes pace in ways that few players can. But there isn’t a long line of teams scurrying to trade for an expensive, ball-dominant 32-year-old.

Since it was reported that Westbrook wants out, the Hornets have emerged as the most likely team to land him. Front office sources tell me Michael Jordan wants the 2016-17 MVP, which is unsurprising and understandable. Westbrook would put eyes on televisions and fans in the seats (once they’re able to safely return). Charlotte would win more games, too. But those same sources add that the Hornets won’t put the no. 3 pick in Wednesday’s draft on the table for Westbrook, so the organization is clearly not overly zealous to make a deal.

But not including the no. 3 pick isn’t necessarily a dealbreaker. The Hornets have plenty of options to tempt the Rockets. They also have the 32nd pick in Wednesday’s draft—which is loaded with role players, not top talent—as well as all of their future first-round picks, which hold value if the Hornets don’t win as many games as they hope. They also have some young players who could appeal to the Rockets, such as P.J. Washington (a big who can pass, shoot, and switch screens), Miles Bridges (a versatile, athletic wing with untapped offensive potential), and Devonte’ Graham (an energetic guard who plays tough defense, makes smart passes, and could see his scoring efficiency leap playing next to Harden). Charlotte would need to give up about $25 million in salary to land Westbrook, which would mean including the expiring contracts of Nicolas Batum or Cody Zeller, or Terry Rozier, who has two years remaining. Regardless of the package, Houston would get some ready-made talent in return, with the potential for the young players to grow.

D-rock, jim1961 and zeeshan2 like this.
  19. Pringles09

Pringles09 Member

20. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

It would be funny if we traded #16 + Blazers 21 first to move up to #8-10 or something, and then packaged that pick with Russ for #3 + Batum. MJ pulls a Tilman forces the deal. Rockets turn it into a 3 way deal with Gordon traded for Horford.

We then package #3, Rockets 2022 1st + Batum for Beal

Harden signs 2 year max extension out of utter joy, Tilman sells the team back to Les, Rockets hire Hinkie and JVG as an assistant coach.

Beal
    Harden / Mac
    House / Ariza
    Tucker / Green
    Horford

+ MLE and BAE

Have faith @HP3 and @D-rock all is going as planned.

D-rock, HP3, joshuaao and 1 other person like this.